* OCTOBER 2019 - Testing Thread *

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Jac2019, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Jac2019

Jac2019 Well-Known Member

Welcome back... Good luck I have added your date.... Lots of :dust: for you :2ww: xxx

Sterksworks likes this.
  2. Littleperson

Littleperson Well-Known Member

After a week of dtd 5 times, taking folic acid, drinking cranberry juice, eating fresh pineapple and nuts, laying with my legs in the air, avoiding hot baths (my absolute fave) and wearing fluffy socks non stop I’m now I’m the 2ww! Fingers crossed this is the one! Sick of people telling me to ‘relax’ and ‘don’t overthink it’! I’m still fairly new in the ttc journey but surely doing everything you can to help your chances is a good thing right?!

PinkFlamingo and Jac2019 like this.
  3. Sparkey999

Sparkey999 Member

Hi ladies can I join? Long time lurker, first time poster :D currently in 2ww 4dpo you can put me down for Oct 25 for testing please!

been ttc for just over a year but started to get more serious about 2 cycles ago. Lots of luck to all :):)

4. Jac2019

Hi welcome. Great to have you with us though hope it is a short stay in ttc. I have added you to front. Good luck xxx

5. Jac2019

You have done loads and I hope this is your month. Good luck in :2ww: . Would love to see more bfps this month xxx

Littleperson likes this.
  6. xMillie

xMillie Well-Known Member

I did a cheapie opk this morning (yes I know they shouldn’t be done with fmu really) and got a definite positive, I’ll check it again later today but guessing I’ll ovulate later today or tomorrow? I have a scan tomorrow so maybe they’ll tell me if I did.

I guess you can put me down for 28th for testing? I imagine AF will show up before I even get to think about it though xx

Kitana likes this.
  7. Jac2019

I do them with fmu as its the easiest one for me to follow and on positive day I did it again around 9.30/10 and it was my blazing one then again later and gone down. If I didn't do in morning I would miss it and still works for me.
    That would be exciting to get a scan around ovulation and be able to know and see. Yeah I put myself as ovulation either late at night or early next day so I just use next day for dpo purposes... Good luck :dance: xx

xMillie likes this.
  8. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Millie - good luck at your scan honey. Be sure to keep us updated <3 xx

xMillie likes this.
  9. xMillie

Thank you for the luck xx Defo been trying a lot more this month than the last couple of cycles so we have some sort of chance I hope.

The scan should’ve been done July/August really as I had a cycle where AF started early for me at cd23 and then I bled for just over 2 weeks. Was told I was going to be sent for an emergency scan to check if everything was ok but took ages to get a letter through and turns out they never sent it for an emergency. Almost seems pointless now as I’ve had 2 periods since that long bleed and both seemed fine and stopped when they were meant to but will still go incase they see something that isn’t normal.

10. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Things like that really irritate me. Why can't people just do their job properly??
    Definitely still go for this scan because like you said they may be able to see something. Are you going to inform them how long you have been TTC? I would, they might listen to you and put you forward for some testing? xx

11. xMillie

I can mention it to them but I’m not sure they’ll have much else in the way of testing to offer me. To them I’m just unexplained infertility as I’ve been through the nhs system already. It really sucks.

I remember it being a fight a few cycles after my MC just to get my GP to check my bloods to see if I was still ovulating, that doctor then even said to me everything is fine you’ll probably get pregnant again quickly. Another 2 years.. nope. xx

12. LuckyLaura

LuckyLaura Well-Known Member

Could I? Oooh I'm happy to be part of something hahaha xx

Jac2019 likes this.
  13. Jac2019

Of course added you on to page. All in this together so happy to have you on here, always a good memory too to look back at. How are you feeling? Hope nausea not too bad for you xxx

LuckyLaura likes this.
  14. LuckyLaura

Thank you:)I'll defo be following everyone's journey going forward too! I'm not too bad thanks, some nausea, insomnia and loss of appetite but it just doesn't even feel real yet xx

Jac2019 likes this.
  15. Jac2019

With my first pregnancy I just remember it hit me week 6 so hope doesn't get too bad for you. I lost my appetite too. Hoping I get another bfp before Christmas. Yeah it's crazy when you get that 2 lines takes weeks and weeks to feel real. Sometimes not even until get hospital appointments or scan. Just hope you have healthy and happy 8/9months to go. Xxx

LuckyLaura likes this.
  16. LuckyLaura

Yeah, I hope it's not too bad too haha with my dd1 I was sick from 7 weeks until around 26 weeks, it was horrendous. Could barely move some days!

I'm guessing it wont feel real until I go to the first booking appointment hehe xx

Jac2019 likes this.
  17. Sydney

Sydney Well-Known Member

Anyone on selenium/vitamin E/other supplements to boost lining care to share the dose that they take? Looking at getting some from ebay. Went for lining scan and it's a bit too thin :(:(:(

18. Littleperson

Sorry can’t help with your question but I was wondering if your periods are very light? Mine are and I did wonder about my own lining! Will be watching for what people recommend to you xx

19. Sydney

Sydney Well-Known Member

I do have light periods. My lining was sufficient during my IVF stimulation cycle... but now my estrogen dose has been increased. I've also been for some acupuncture, started drinking beetroot juice, plan to have 3 brazil nuts a day and a few extra vitamins. Fingers crossed it catches up and not all is lost! x

20. Littleperson

Will keep everything crossed for you Sydney xx

Sydney likes this.