*** October 2015 Mummies ***

I need help
This last week I've been ravenous
I cant stop eating
My stomach actually feels like my throats been slit lol
Its so bad
Im really really dreading my GTT on Tuesday
Theres no way I'll get to 10:30am fasting
I normally eat 3-4 times by that point!!

Eeeek! I too am dreading my GTT on Tues! Fingers crossed we will be ok x

I break up for leave on 5th Sept, 3 weeks hol first then official mat leave on the 28th so no breaks for me now until then. I decided to go off earlier at 35 weeks and try to relax as last time I worked up until two weeks before and my BP went up at the end.

mumagain -I can't remember if it was here or in tri 3- but I just wanted to say that my o/h is part Italian too with long dark brown hair so I was certain that our little girl would take on the dominant darker genes but no....she takes after me for skin and hair....really fair and pale with blonde hair ? it's strange how it works...maybe this little girly will have her daddy's hair x

My sil and bil
Sil is really pale and white blonde hair
Bil is dark olive skinned and dark brown hair
First kid was a daughter and had his colouring
Second was a boy with hers lol

Gail, I eat all the time too - don't care, baby needs food or at least that's what I'm telling myself :lol:

Is GTT compulsory for everyone?? X

Dont think so
I've gotta have it cos of my bmi
or youd get it if you were showing symptoms or if diabetes ran in the family i guess

Happy V day to all that's just passed it!

Gail I eat all the time too, wouldn't worry about it :)

I've not been asked to go for GTT either Karolina, my bmi is pretty high 33 x

Morning Ladies,

Happy V days to those reach it this week- the weeks are really flying by now. I'm due GTT this week- as I had it with baby number 2 weren't detected till after birth and last pg they forgot to offer me the test but everything was fine x

I have GTT this wed as my Dad is diabetic, so apparently I'm at risk, I had to have it for last preg also & I was fine, assuming I will be same this time round. I do remember feeling v ropy by time I was having it as you have to fast from night before & I don't do well without food while pregnant lol

Do you have to fast? I got my letter ages ago ooops good job I read it here. Mines at 0900 am so I'm sure I can cope with that x

You definitely need to fast lol
You drink glucose / lucozade in a set amount
Bloods done when you arrive, drink it, repeat bloods 2 hrs later
So they can see how your body reacts to it
I didn't realise anyone could get gestational diabetes though
I never realised it was the pregnancy hormone and increased insulin for baby
I dont know why but it just didn't click. How else would it go away after birth obviously lol

I've been awake half an hour and im acting like I've been starved for days in a locked cell
I actually grab stuff and shove it into my mouth at speed
If someone saw me theyd think there was something wrong with me hahaha!

I will be in double digits by the end of this week!! YAY!! My little Cauliflower is doing well :)

Happy Monday one and all, and hope all the tests go well xx

Woohoo, wont be long till all October mummies are double digits!! Its going a little quicker now.

Hope everyone is feeling good today xx

Whoop! Whooop! Double digits! :dance:

You will all be in Tri 3 soon! Who exciting is that?! x

Is it not tomorrow Carrie?
Aren't we both due 21st?
My app days 99 days tomorrow! Xx

So I'm back after my rather stressful hols lol, but my ds had a fab time was great to make some memories with him before the baby takes over everything!! Am ringing the mw tomorrow as had a bit of a tummy bug while away but hoping she'll say all ok. Think it was going round the site as heard the waiter say to someone this morning as we were leaving that he still couldn't eat anything yet. I was a bit annoyed as hoped the hygiene there might have been a bit better than letting people near food who are still ill.

Any hoo I had no signal or WiFi for a week so gonna take me a while to catchup on here but happy vday to everyone and happy double digits too :) I had my v day last week so gonna dust off and start my hypnobirthing CD this week, eeh so exciting it feels very real now!!!!

My pregnancy app on my phone mentioned starting perenial massage this coming week :-|

Hmm I couldn't bring myself to do that last time but then I did 2nd degree tear so maybe I should lol!!!

Just opened my cd case to load it on my laptop so I can put it on my phone to listen to tonight and the bloody cd is missing so God knows where that is as I last used it in 2011!!!! Might have to buy it again if I can't find it which is a bit gutting!!!!

Perenial massage?! Jesus! It looks terrible... I couldn't bring myself to do this :shock:

Yeah im not exactly thrilled by the idea
Hubby offered to help
He got a stern look though lol
He said he could use moisturiser... no chance is he putting random cream on me near there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back