*** October 2015 Mummies ***

LittleTwix, it sound about right plus a bag for OH! Although I don't think I will bother with taking loads of different bags! I will have all my and OH's stuff in one bag + baby stuff in another + one bag with snacks and drinks. In fact, if I could I would put it all in one bag ;)

Last edited:
I'm starting to think about my bag already. Got breast pads the other day and going to head to the shops today to try to get some nighties that button down the front for breastfeeding.

I read somewhere that you need a bag for baby, a bag for the labour ward and then a bag for your room - that sound right to anyone?

Primark have fab cheap nighties with the buttons.

Last time I took a little wheely suitcase with baby stuff, my stuff and a change of clothes for hubby which was a good call as it was a 3 dayer.

The suitcase was fab, as on the way home you have baby in a car seat to think about too, and even with 2 of you, carrying a load of bags isn't ideal.

midwife today confirmed my placenta is unlikely to move and therefore I will be admitted to hospital at 34,weeks and latest baby will be born is 39 weeks

I usually take a bag of clothes for me, usually one of those small suitcases and put baby stuff in changing bag, also I leave a bag of spare baby clothes at home or car boot just incase we in hospital a bit longer, also its a good idea to take a few different size clothing for baby as you never know how big or small baby is going to be.

Yeah agree Primark is great for cheap nighties and underwear x

Last edited:
midwife today confirmed my placenta is unlikely to move and therefore I will be admitted to hospital at 34,weeks and latest baby will be born is 39 weeks

Oh sorry hun, hope your ok- that's a long hospital stay x

It is and I hate hospitals SOOOOO much. I was stuck in there for 3 days last time and it was hell! Just one of those things. I guess. Will miss my little George if I have to be in there so long :(

Sorry you got bad news from your midwife x Mind that she said 'unlikely' and not 'impossible'... Will keep my fingers crossed for different result at your next appointment.

I was in hospital 2 wks with my first- I'm expecting 3 day stay this time cant imagine be in there any longer with having other children to think about. Will they give you a section a bit earlier than 39 wks? I really hope your not away from your little boy too long. When's your next consultant app hopefully they discuss things with you x

Last edited:

Oh no that's such a long time to be admitted for especially with a little one :( but if it keeps you and baby safe I guess they know what they are doing. Still not the best news though :(

thanks all!!! Who knows a miracle may happen and it may move. Means mat leave starts in like 8 weeks ��

Morning everyone! I've hit the nice round 27 week mark today, and I'm celebrating by picking up our travel system. Woop woop! ! Still feeling good, have had to knock gym classes on the head now but am continuing with swimming and gym sessions. My feet and hands are starting to swell if I'm still for too long, and my boobs seem to have had another growth spurt all of a sudden. Argh! I'm chuffed I've still got a few non-maternity items I'm managing to wear, but it's becoming a squeeze. ....!

Georgesmum that's bad luck, sorry to hear. Hopefully your baby is a little tinker and everything manages to have a little shuffle round in time :)

Last week in tri 2 ahhhh I'm getting scared ha ha :)

Headed to primark and got three of those shirt-nighties with buttons down the front :) I also picked up some cheapie slipper and warm socks for delivery.

I was kind of thinking a hold all initially as a hospital bag but I've decided now to go for a suitcase with wheels (thanks fliss!) I saw this one in Ikea and thought it was neat http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/50217766/

My husband will get loads of use out of it as well and we kind of need a second small suitcase anyway

Georgesmum - i have days where he's very quiet but if you're concerned maybe speak to your mw? if you ate something sugary that might get him going :)

Sometimes if we are busy/distracted i think we neglect to notice when theyre moving around in there
Dont second doubt going in if you feel its reduced movement though xx

They can put baby on a monitor from 26weeks so if you have any fears about movement now just ring up MW and they'll send you in for monitoring. I was in every week between 28weeks and birth with my first as he never bloody moved and would scare the life out of me especially as someone we knew had a still birth after reduced movements. No one ever made out I was wasting their time (baby always kicked like mad as soon as hooked up to monitor!!) they always said better to be safe than sorry.

This baby is a right kicker much more active than my first, it constantly kicks ALL the time and boots my hands off my tummy if I try knit or look at my phone!!! I thought having a front placenta this time would mask the kicks more but clearly not!!!!

Last edited:
he has been so active since i posted!!!!! Just realised i am in double digits now. Only 98 days to go ��

Woo hoo yey for double digits!!! When do we move over to tri3??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back