November 2020 mums

Ah yeah that’s never fun when they have a dance at nighttime! Sorry to hear about your pelvic pain :( Has your midwife given you anything for it?

I have strong painkillers to use for the really bad days/nights but unfortunately I can't drive or work if I take them so only for bedtime. I bought a support belt to use as the last one they gave me barely helped.
I see my midwife next Wednesday, first time actually meeting her hahaha its been a different one each appointment x

Thanks! I got a shed load of Maternity/nursing jumpers so now I can actually dress myself nicely in the cooler weather! :D

D is now cooking me pancakes and then we’re going to a stately home for a wander around and a pub lunch ❤️

Happy Birthday!
Cooler weather must be so nice going into your final months with bub too!

Last edited:
Thanks! I got a shed load of Maternity/nursing jumpers so now I can actually dress myself nicely in the cooler weather! :D

D is now cooking me pancakes and then we’re going to a stately home for a wander around and a pub lunch ❤️

Happy birthday :) hope you have a lovely day x

@SockVortex happy birthday!! I hope you have had a lovely day with pancakes and a pub lunch. Sounds lush!!!!

@Tanzanite92 Hi!! Sounds like we are having similar pregnancies - I'm now on crutches for pelvic girdle pain. It's really rubbish, I'm sorry your suffering!! I also found the support belt they gave me rubbish and had to buy my own too, it helps but not much and I can't wear it at work as it's too hot in my tropical labs. I feel like I'm gonna pass out most of the time without several layers of support belts too.

I had hyperemesis for about 6 months and the sickness has been creeping back a little bit now I'm getting towards the end, I'm hoping it'll stay really mild though!! How's the sickness for you at the moment?

I'm on the countdown now ladies, I have 7 shifts left at work over the next two weeks, and then I'm done!! I have 3 weeks holiday and start maternity leave on 1st Nov.

@SockVortex happy birthday!! I hope you have had a lovely day with pancakes and a pub lunch. Sounds lush!!!!

@Tanzanite92 Hi!! Sounds like we are having similar pregnancies - I'm now on crutches for pelvic girdle pain. It's really rubbish, I'm sorry your suffering!! I also found the support belt they gave me rubbish and had to buy my own too, it helps but not much and I can't wear it at work as it's too hot in my tropical labs. I feel like I'm gonna pass out most of the time without several layers of support belts too.

I had hyperemesis for about 6 months and the sickness has been creeping back a little bit now I'm getting towards the end, I'm hoping it'll stay really mild though!! How's the sickness for you at the moment?

I'm on the countdown now ladies, I have 7 shifts left at work over the next two weeks, and then I'm done!! I have 3 weeks holiday and start maternity leave on 1st Nov.

They haven't done much for me at all this time around. Been in and out of the daycase unit the past 7 weeks and just a case of baby is on the bigger side and just to go along. I've had to take this weekend off work cause unfortunately I've been running back and forth to the bathroom :(
I wasn't sick at all with this pregnancy its just these later weeks I've been struggling so much. I have dihydrocodeine for nights im really bad but sometimes it doesn't even touch it. Had some braxton hicks last night too......they were pretty intense also. I feel like such a grump with this baby haha my poor partner hasn't had an easy time with me being sore and all the trips to the hospital :( x

My son's going for his second covid test this morning, I hope the results come before my midwife appointment tomorrow or I'll have to reschedule. No big deal really but was looking forward to hearing little Mara's heartbeat!!

My son's going for his second covid test this morning, I hope the results come before my midwife appointment tomorrow or I'll have to reschedule. No big deal really but was looking forward to hearing little Mara's heartbeat!!

How stressful. Are there many COVID cases near you? Fingers crossed it comes back quick. It's so nice to hear babies heart beat.

Hopefully it’s a really quick negative!

We’re having a comfy clothes day today with films and warm food. I might even put the heating on if D is lucky ;)

How stressful. Are there many COVID cases near you? Fingers crossed it comes back quick. It's so nice to hear babies heart beat.
Covid cases are rising quickly here now, I don't know how many exactly are in my area.
We are 99% sure it's just a cold, but as soon as he started coughing we booked him in for a test.

We’re having a comfy clothes day today with films and warm food. I might even put the heating on if D is lucky ;)

That sounds good. I haven't gotten out of my PJs yet and I might not now we have to isolate until his test results come back!!

@CharliC does that mean you will be going back into lockdown? Hope your little man was not too bothered by the test. I hated mine and I'm and adult. I've been watching thr UK COVID numbers and it looks pretty scary. Hope you are all doing okay!

@CharliC does that mean you will be going back into lockdown? Hope your little man was not too bothered by the test. I hated mine and I'm and adult. I've been watching thr UK COVID numbers and it looks pretty scary. Hope you are all doing okay!

We’re still ok :) Hopefully the local lockdowns and the stricter enforcement regarding mask usage will help get the numbers falling again.

My area has 37 cases reported last which is a climb from the week before but not by much.

The restrictions have gotten tighter here, we aren't allowed to visit other houses and can only meet up with 1 other household outside and up to 6 adults/over 12s. And there's a curfew on pubs. They are desperately to avoid another lockdown, they want to keep the economy going as much as they can. We'll see what happens though, cases are rising rapidly so I think there will be more restrictions soon.

He didn't like the test much but my husband took him to McDonald's drive through afterwards and got him ice-cream. Now we are all stuck in the house until the results come and I'm desperately trying to make sure my shift is covered for tomorrow just incase it takes longer than 24 hours.

Another night of being violently sick :( definitely preferred having sickness in the early stages like my last two pregnancies......later on this is brutal :(
Any tips for helping it or preventing it? X

Another night of being violently sick :( definitely preferred having sickness in the early stages like my last two pregnancies......later on this is brutal :(
Any tips for helping it or preventing it? X

At this point do you think it is reflux?

For reflux you could try smaller meals and avoid food/fluid before bed?

At this point do you think it is reflux?

For reflux you could try smaller meals and avoid food/fluid before bed?

Possibly, never dealt with sickness this late on so very clueless :( I haven't been eating big amounts the past week or so due to feeling sick. Hoping it doesn't continue x

@Tanzanite92 Thread hopping.. My morning sickness came back around 32 weeks this pregnancy (39 weeks today). It just gets worse the bigger baby gets I’m afraid :sick: B12 tablets are the best thing for it!! Sleeping on the left helps, eating small meals frequently helps.. prenatal vitamins and iron tablets make it much worse so I don’t take them anymore. Hope that helps a little x

@Tanzanite92 Thread hopping.. My morning sickness came back around 32 weeks this pregnancy (39 weeks today). It just gets worse the bigger baby gets I’m afraid :sick: B12 tablets are the best thing for it!! Sleeping on the left helps, eating small meals frequently helps.. prenatal vitamins and iron tablets make it much worse so I don’t take them anymore. Hope that helps a little x

I got taken off iron tablets for iron infusions instead a couple weeks ago, so least I don't have that. Been trying to eat smaller meals more often but sometimes I eat a mouthful and feel sick :(
I have a temporary job in a cafe too so being sick isn't great. December can't come soon enough x

I got taken off iron tablets for iron infusions instead a couple weeks ago, so least I don't have that. Been trying to eat smaller meals more often but sometimes I eat a mouthful and feel sick :(
I have a temporary job in a cafe too so being sick isn't great. December can't come soon enough x

Bless you, it’s so hard feeling sick all the time, even worse when you have to work. Can you take mat leave early?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back