November 2020 mums

I have so many parcels coming today and tomorrow, haha!

D and I ordered most of the items from our list on Saturday including the pram and car seat (which I am so excited about arriving), the reusable nappy system, all of the bedding for the moses basket (new mattress and sheets and blankets), the cool changing backpack and loads of other little things! I also started washing all of Gilly's clothes and Marie Kondo folding them into his drawer :D I love her technique haha, even if it takes a little longer everything is so much easier to find.

We also washed the sofa yesterday and I have no idea why we hadn't done it before. It's so easy and looks brand new now :D

How is everyone getting on? :) This is my first full week in work since we went down to four days in May. It feels sooooo loooooong. I cannot believe it's not Friday yet.

How is everyone getting on? :) This is my first full week in work since we went down to four days in May. It feels sooooo loooooong. I cannot believe it's not Friday yet.

I feel sorry for you guys ramping up work after having down time in lockdown. I feel like continuing with work this whole time has made it easier to keep up my endurance.
My work is winding down to mat leave soon though. I'm physically and mentally exhausted at the end of the week now.

I feel sorry for you guys ramping up work after having down time in lockdown. I feel like continuing with work this whole time has made it easier to keep up my endurance.
My work is winding down to mat leave soon though. I'm physically and mentally exhausted at the end of the week now.

Yeah, it sucks thinking I have eight whole weeks left as I'm working right up until November 16th x__x I'm lucky that my job doesn't require me to leave the house so at least I'm relatively comfortable. :/

When are you starting maternity leave?

Yeah, it sucks thinking I have eight whole weeks left as I'm working right up until November 16th x__x I'm lucky that my job doesn't require me to leave the house so at least I'm relatively comfortable. :/

When are you starting maternity leave?

I have 4 weeks left. My job can be fairly physical so it is starting to become harder. I might have been a little ambitious when I decided on my end date.

I have 4 weeks left. My job can be fairly physical so it is starting to become harder. I might have been a little ambitious when I decided on my end date.

Oh dear, I can't imagine doing lots of physical stuff at the moment and you're further ahead than me! Is there a way they could take some of the more physical elements of your job and give them to someone else?

Oh dear, I can't imagine doing lots of physical stuff at the moment and you're further ahead than me! Is there a way they could take some of the more physical elements of your job and give them to someone else?

I have definitely been doing much less of the heavy manual handling. I work in a team so there is always help. But even getting up and down off the ground and doing basic things is harder now!

Evening all :)
Sorry I've been so quiet, it's been a busy week with my son's 5th birthday on Monday and my daughter's 3rd birthday today and a week of work to get through!!

@SockVortex how did your Friday go? Hope it was a good end to a long week!!

@EmilyMaria sorry to hear your jobs getting tough, can you take extra holiday or move your end date if your struggling??

I also have 4 weeks left but I'm struggling so much that I'm going to try and move my finish date up a week. 3 weeks seems more manageable. My job is all physical, nothing is done sitting down and there's a lot of walking, standing, bending and lifting. And I'm in a lot of pain with my pelvis. I have an appointment to get crutches to help me get round and I think I'm a few bad days away from calling the GP for a sick line. But I'm trying to take it one day at a time and get as much rest as I can!! The GP wanted to prescribe codeine but I talked it over with hubby and we decided better to be signed off work than having to take codeine just to get through the next 3 weeks as it's pretty easy to get addicted to it and we don't want the baby having to go through withdrawal when she's born.

Other than that though, things are going fine :) 32 weeks today so only 8 weeks left!!

Oh, is anyone getting cramps at night? Last few nights I've been getting sharp cramps in my lower legs. Last night I couldn't relieve the pain until I got up and walked around a bit, it was a sore!! Just wondered if anyone had any known remedies!!

Last edited:
Evening all :)
Sorry I've been so quiet, it's been a busy week with my son's 5th birthday on Monday and my daughter's 3rd birthday today and a week of work to get through!!

@SockVortex how did your Friday go? Hope it was a good end to a long week!!

@EmilyMaria sorry to hear your jobs getting tough, can you take extra holiday or move your end date if your struggling??

I also have 4 weeks left but I'm struggling so much that I'm going to try and move my finish date up a week. 3 weeks seems more manageable. My job is all physical, nothing is done sitting down and there's a lot of walking, standing, bending and lifting. And I'm in a lot of pain with my pelvis. I have an appointment to get crutches to help me get round and I think I'm a few bad days away from calling the GP for a sick line. But I'm trying to take it one day at a time and get as much rest as I can!! The GP wanted to prescribe codeine but I talked it over with hubby and we decided better to be signed off work than having to take codeine just to get through the next 3 weeks as it's pretty easy to get addicted to it and we don't want the baby having to go through withdrawal when she's born.

Other than that though, things are going fine :) 32 weeks today so only 8 weeks left!!

Oh, is anyone getting cramps at night? Last few nights I've been getting Shap cramps in my lower legs. Last night I couldn't relieve the pain until I got up and walked around a bit, it was a sore!! Just wondered if anyone had any known remedies!!

So many birthdays for you! And you’ll be adding another in eight weeks! I’m glad that’s a little further away from the others haha.

Sorry to hear you’ve been in so much pain :( I agree with being signed off versus codeine. It sounds like that’ll be better for you in the long run :)

My Friday was awful! Haha. Worst day of the whole week. I worked overtime last night and half an hour over tonight, all because other people had poorly managed the project *sigh*.

By the end of the week I am just exhausted. Friday night I just lay on the couch while hubby cooked me dinner.

I don't have too long left to go now and I have organised for my last weeks to be shorter ones with the last of my days off that I had saved up.

@CharliC gosh you have been doing it tough for a while now. Definitely sounds a lot more sensible to go off work sick if it means you can avoid taking the stronger medications. The thought of bub needing to withdraw would scare me off it too!

I had a painful cramp in my calf about a week ago. It was so sore! Drinking plenty of water and increasing your intake of magnesium can help.

I have been making myself frozen banana smoothies with ground nuts/peanut butter or 2 squares of dark chocolate and a bit of milo if I feel like a chocolate banana smoothie. I have not had any cramps since I started so maybe it has done the trick!

I think I will add more dates to my smoothies soon thanks to their fabled labor inducing properties ha!

Last edited:
By the end of the week I am just exhausted. Friday night I just lay on the couch while hubby cooked me dinner.

I don't have too long left to go now and I have organised for my last weeks to be shorter ones with the last of my days off that I had saved up.

@CharliC gosh you have been doing it tough for a while now. Definitely sounds a lot more sensible to go off work sick if it means you can avoid taking the stronger medications. The thought of bub needing to withdraw would scare me off it too!

I had a painful cramp in my calf about a week ago. It was so sore! Drinking plenty of water and increasing your intake of magnesium can help.

I have been making myself frozen banana smoothies with ground nuts/peanut butter or 2 squares of dark chocolate and a bit of milo if I feel like a chocolate banana smoothie. I have not had any cramps since I started so maybe it has done the trick!

I think I will add more dates to my smoothies soon thanks to their fabled labor inducing properties ha!

Eating dates worked for D’s friend. She had both babies a day or two after their due dates.

Anyone have any thoughts on breast pumps?

Someone I work with recommended the Spectra S2. I still don't really know how much I would be likely to need a pump, so it might not be something I use frequently until I go back to work.

Anyone have any thoughts on breast pumps?

Someone I work with recommended the Spectra S2. I still don't really know how much I would be likely to need a pump, so it might not be something I use frequently until I go back to work.

I bought the Minbie one as it seemed like good value for money after reading and watching reviews (£175 for the pump and bottle set) Hopefully it’s as good as they say as I want D to be able to help feed Gilly :) I don’t like the thought of all the pressure of feeding being down to me alone.

I bought the Minbie one as it seemed like good value for money after reading and watching reviews (£175 for the pump and bottle set) Hopefully it’s as good as they say as I want D to be able to help feed Gilly :) I don’t like the thought of all the pressure of feeding being down to me alone.

Haha yes, the fantasy is being super organised and expressing enough that hubby can take a few feeds and let me sleep.

But the reality will be that I will just have to wake up and shove bub on the boob, because let's face it. It's just right there :D

Haha yes, the fantasy is being super organised and expressing enough that hubby can take a few feeds and let me sleep.

But the reality will be that I will just have to wake up and shove bub on the boob, because let's face it. It's just right there :D

Haha yes, I imagine expressing will be a purely daytime activity.

Even if hubby feeds bub expressed milk instead of you breastfeeding, you still have to wake up to pump at the same time or you become engorged and risk mastitis/your supply dropping.. Its so much easier to just shove bub on the boob and be done with it! If you want him to do it for bonding, that's great! But it won't save you any sleep :p

I have an electric pump, I think it's Tommy Tippee - I've had it since my eldest. We didn't use it much with either child as neither of them would take a bottle in the end and to be honest, having to express while daddy fed so my supply didn't drop or I became.engorged like @WinterWolf says was a pain in the bum and I gave up. So much easier to just feed them myself!! But I am seriously lazy!!

I have my appointment to get crutches on Friday which is a bit of a pain as I have to get through this week without them, but I couldn't make any of the other appointments due to work. I'm spending today in bed with a hot water bottle in the hope that I can get through work tomorrow!!

Hope everyone is well!!

Even if hubby feeds bub expressed milk instead of you breastfeeding, you still have to wake up to pump at the same time or you become engorged and risk mastitis/your supply dropping.. Its so much easier to just shove bub on the boob and be done with it! If you want him to do it for bonding, that's great! But it won't save you any sleep :p

Oh jeez haha. We'll see how long I last then!

I have an electric pump, I think it's Tommy Tippee - I've had it since my eldest. We didn't use it much with either child as neither of them would take a bottle in the end and to be honest, having to express while daddy fed so my supply didn't drop or I became.engorged like @WinterWolf says was a pain in the bum and I gave up. So much easier to just feed them myself!! But I am seriously lazy!!

I have my appointment to get crutches on Friday which is a bit of a pain as I have to get through this week without them, but I couldn't make any of the other appointments due to work. I'm spending today in bed with a hot water bottle in the hope that I can get through work tomorrow!!

Hope everyone is well!!

Oh gosh how horrible :( I hope the hot water bottle works some magic and gets you through tomorrow at least :/

I'm ok. I got a birthing ball yesterday and sat on it for an hour at the dining table this morning before my back started playing up again. It's brilliant for my ribs though! Maybe I just need to build up my tolerance to it.

Hospital bag packing will commence soon I think :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back