November 2020 mums

Sorry to hear about your dad :( good he is in recovery though xx

Well hips took a bad turn last night, ended up on the floor in pain. Partner basically had to carry me from the bathroom to bed as my legs were just agony. Took the dihydrocodeine around 7 and it did nothing then took another one around midnight which took the edge off but still couldn't get to sleep til around 2am then woke with pains and cramps around 6.30am....it's going to be a long day. Got a call with my doctors to try get some support or anything. Hope everyone else has a good day :) xx

Gosh that's so awful :( I really hope there's something they can do. They should sign you off work at the very least!

No unfortunately not :( hopefully its something they can push for today.
Yeah heading back to bed once they call and try get some sleep before school pick up x
Did you get in touch with the doctor? Let us know what they say, thinking of you!

Did you get in touch with the doctor? Let us know what they say, thinking of you!

So eventually got a call from the doctor, he agreed to sign me off for 2 weeks and going to make sure physio get in touch with me asap.
Called work to let them know too but they don't seem impressed at all :( I'm just here like I'd rather be able to walk around without pain trust me, it's not like I'm enjoying myself. I know we are built for this but sometimes pregnancy can be very hard going no matter how easy you might of had it previously or vise versa

So eventually got a call from the doctor, he agreed to sign me off for 2 weeks and going to make sure physio get in touch with me asap.
Called work to let them know too but they don't seem impressed at all :( I'm just here like I'd rather be able to walk around without pain trust me, it's not like I'm enjoying myself. I know we are built for this but sometimes pregnancy can be very hard going no matter how easy you might of had it previously or vise versa
Glad your getting time to rest, look after yourself!! Sorry your work don't seem impressed, that's a bit unprofessional of them!! Hopefully they will be more supportive going forward. What do you do? Are you likely to be able to work from home at all? Or desk duties at work?

I had a huge wobble about 3pm today where I was about to just abandon work and go home and get signed off sick for my last week, I just couldn't cope anymore. Im 34 weeks today and realised I still have 6 weeks left before baby arrives and it feels like it's still several marathons!! But I managed to finish the day and I'm home now and it doesn't seem so bad anymore. 4 more shifts left at work!!

Glad your getting time to rest, look after yourself!! Sorry your work don't seem impressed, that's a bit unprofessional of them!! Hopefully they will be more supportive going forward. What do you do? Are you likely to be able to work from home at all? Or desk duties at work?

I had a huge wobble about 3pm today where I was about to just abandon work and go home and get signed off sick for my last week, I just couldn't cope anymore. Im 34 weeks today and realised I still have 6 weeks left before baby arrives and it feels like it's still several marathons!! But I managed to finish the day and I'm home now and it doesn't seem so bad anymore. 4 more shifts left at work!!

Unfortunately I work in hospitality, in a cafe so the best they could do originally is give me a chair for the till but its forever short staffed so I can't just stay stationed there
The final week before maternity leave is always the worst, last time I did actually walk out and quit mainly due to my manager was a bit of an ass. Only 4 shifts though!! You can get through it no bother im sure :)
Eeeek 6 weeks doesnt seem that long ago I was reading about everyone's BFP :D

I'm not usually a very emotional person but the last two days I've had full on mood swings (feeling depressed and weepy, anxious, angry, 'frisky' haha).

Hopefully this is a normal (and short lived???) Symptom leading up to the end of pregnancy.

Still waiting on this 'nesting' thing to kick in. I've just felt so lazy these last couple of days. We really are not very organised for bub at all. I thought I would be using these last few days off work to get organised but I have pretty much done nothing at all!

I'm not usually a very emotional person but the last two days I've had full on mood swings (feeling depressed and weepy, anxious, angry, 'frisky' haha).

Hopefully this is a normal (and short lived???) Symptom leading up to the end of pregnancy.

Still waiting on this 'nesting' thing to kick in. I've just felt so lazy these last couple of days. We really are not very organised for bub at all. I thought I would be using these last few days off work to get organised but I have pretty much done nothing at all!
Mood swings in 3rd Tri are really common - hormones and being uncomfortable etc etc. Be kind to yourself, rest up and don't worry - it should just be a normal symptom. That said, if you do start to worry your maybe having longer feeling down periods - make sure and discuss them with your midwife/doctor. They will be able to keep an eye on you going into the postnatal period as well!!

I've never experienced nesting - I actually feel quite cheated about this!!

Mood swings in 3rd Tri are really common - hormones and being uncomfortable etc etc. Be kind to yourself, rest up and don't worry - it should just be a normal symptom. That said, if you do start to worry your maybe having longer feeling down periods - make sure and discuss them with your midwife/doctor. They will be able to keep an eye on you going into the postnatal period as well!!

I've never experienced nesting - I actually feel quite cheated about this!!

I've put my mood swings down to hormones, it feels like PMS on steroids!

Aww I'm sorry you're feeling that way @EmilyMaria :( I hope it passes soon. I was extra snappy at my husband last week after a rubbish few days at work. I always feel really sorry for him having to live with me when I'm like that haha.

I haven't really got the whole 'nesting' thing either. As we don't have any need for a nursery for Gilly (as we'll be moving before he leaves our bedroom) I basically just needed to make some space in the corner for his bassinet and organise some room in the drawers for his things. Kinda all we did really!

My mood swings were 100x worse postpartum so don’t be shocked if it gets worse for a little bit!

That does make a lot of sense though considering what you go through to birth a baby. Then it's straight into sleep deprivation and constant feeding!

That does make a lot of sense though considering what you go through to birth a baby. Then it's straight into sleep deprivation and constant feeding!

Yep - There's a massive drop in pregnancy hormones and a jump in breastfeeding hormones, it definitely makes most women a little moody/teary! Plus you know, your life is totally flipped upside down. :p

Hows everyone today?
I managed to get crutches from a lady on Facebook :dance: cause God knows when my hospital will actually get in contact :(
Lil madam is such a squirming rascal today pressing on any tender part she can find x

Hows everyone today?
I managed to get crutches from a lady on Facebook :dance: cause God knows when my hospital will actually get in contact :(
Lil madam is such a squirming rascal today pressing on any tender part she can find x

I'm glad you got some crutches Tanzanite! Have they been helping much yet? I finally got my physio referral today... for Monday! :O I'm so shocked, I thought I'd be waiting ages.

Had my 34 week appointment today. Gilly is very low down according to the midwife and just as wriggly as ever haha. I've got my last three appointments booked in now. Can't believe how close to the end we're all getting!

I'm glad you got some crutches Tanzanite! Have they been helping much yet? I finally got my physio referral today... for Monday! :O I'm so shocked, I thought I'd be waiting ages.

Had my 34 week appointment today. Gilly is very low down according to the midwife and just as wriggly as ever haha. I've got my last three appointments booked in now. Can't believe how close to the end we're all getting!

I used them for a dog walk yesterday, gonna take a bit of getting use to and they are on the smallest setting but still feel like they are too high. I'm still waiting but last time it took them a month to speak with me.

I'm so jealous how close you all are!
Looking forward to all the babies <3
Do you think you will go before your due date?

I'm hoping mine is at least a week early but guaranteed she is gonna be awkward and arrive late :???:

@Tanzanite92 glad you got some crutches, it does take some getting used to walking with them - but I've found walking without having to put any weight through my hips is a life saver!!

@SockVortex we are similar, we are hoping to have moved house before Mara needs her own room, so we just have to set up her next-to-me crib (which to be honest, once we have checked it fits, we wont do until she is here as it severely limits space for me getting in and out of bed and at the moment I need all the space I can get) and figure out where we are going to put her baby box downstairs.

I have my last day at work tomorrow. I had a little freakout as to what I was going to do for 5 weeks (my mum is staying to help look after the kids but I've found it difficult having an extra adult around as our house isn't really big enough for 3 adults) so I've bought some crochet needles and wool and I'm planning on getting back into crocheting some things for the baby. Starting with a hat!!

Hey everyone.
been quiet on here as had a lot going on.. I’ve had heartburn and sickness still & I am extremely tired all the time!
I also may be having a c-section for my low lying placenta which would be at the end of this month (I find out more next Wednesday!) absolutely crapping myself!! my anxiety is through the roof I just can’t wait for this all to be other with!
Thank you for asking how I am.. how are you? X

Hey everyone.
been quiet on here as had a lot going on.. I’ve had heartburn and sickness still & I am extremely tired all the time!
I also may be having a c-section for my low lying placenta which would be at the end of this month (I find out more next Wednesday!) absolutely crapping myself!! my anxiety is through the roof I just can’t wait for this all to be other with!
Thank you for asking how I am.. how are you? X

Good to hear from you! :D So exciting that we might have another November baby soon! EmilyMaria’s little boy is already here.

Sorry you’re so anxious though :( I hope they can give you some reassurance on Wednesday.

We have a Facebook group now by the way! If you’d like to join, send me a message and I’ll give you the info :)

I’m ok. Still plodding along. I’ve got really bad rib pain and there’s nothing more that can be done about it :( Sitting to work every day is agony.

Five more weeks to go unless babbo comes early!

I used them for a dog walk yesterday, gonna take a bit of getting use to and they are on the smallest setting but still feel like they are too high. I'm still waiting but last time it took them a month to speak with me.

I'm so jealous how close you all are!
Looking forward to all the babies <3
Do you think you will go before your due date?

I'm hoping mine is at least a week early but guaranteed she is gonna be awkward and arrive late :???:
Cripes sounds like you've been struggling a lot there. Hope you can get through the last few shifts at work x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back