November 2020 mums

I have an electric pump, I think it's Tommy Tippee - I've had it since my eldest. We didn't use it much with either child as neither of them would take a bottle in the end and to be honest, having to express while daddy fed so my supply didn't drop or I became.engorged like @WinterWolf says was a pain in the bum and I gave up. So much easier to just feed them myself!! But I am seriously lazy!!

I have my appointment to get crutches on Friday which is a bit of a pain as I have to get through this week without them, but I couldn't make any of the other appointments due to work. I'm spending today in bed with a hot water bottle in the hope that I can get through work tomorrow!!

Hope everyone is well!!

Can you get crutches from a chemist or something like that?

I have started to get sciatica now. No walking up hills anymore for me.

Can you get crutches from a chemist or something like that?

I have started to get sciatica now. No walking up hills anymore for me.
I don't think the pharmacist give out crutches but I don't know, the physio wants to have a face to face appointment to assess what's going on and measure me to make sure the crutches fit properly I think.

I had a bad day at work yesterday with the pain, I had a little chat with the health and safety manager and she got me exempt from having to go through the one way system and offered me a parking space at the building so I don't have to walk to far to get in, so that was useful. My boss wanted to know what specifically I was struggling with so he could take on the tasks but it's mostly walking and standing that I'm struggling with so unfortunately he can't really help with that. But I only have 8 shifts left now so I think that's doable!!

Sorry to hear your getting sciatica, that's rough. Hope it doesn't get too bad!!

I don't think the pharmacist give out crutches but I don't know, the physio wants to have a face to face appointment to assess what's going on and measure me to make sure the crutches fit properly I think.

I had a bad day at work yesterday with the pain, I had a little chat with the health and safety manager and she got me exempt from having to go through the one way system and offered me a parking space at the building so I don't have to walk to far to get in, so that was useful. My boss wanted to know what specifically I was struggling with so he could take on the tasks but it's mostly walking and standing that I'm struggling with so unfortunately he can't really help with that. But I only have 8 shifts left now so I think that's doable!!

Sorry to hear your getting sciatica, that's rough. Hope it doesn't get too bad!!

Ah, where I live you can just get a pair of crutches from a chemist, but it all seems to be different where ever you are.

My Sciatica is not too bad if I am careful about what I do. It means that its hard to go for walks which is annoying.

My poor bub is getting a bashing this week. I'm getting bigger now and sticking my bump into every corner and obstacle. We also had the pleasure of starting our antenatal classes last week. Yesterday was all about actual childbirth. Well wasn't that an eyeopener! Can someone else birth this baby please?

Ah, where I live you can just get a pair of crutches from a chemist, but it all seems to be different where ever you are.

My Sciatica is not too bad if I am careful about what I do. It means that its hard to go for walks which is annoying.

My poor bub is getting a bashing this week. I'm getting bigger now and sticking my bump into every corner and obstacle. We also had the pleasure of starting our antenatal classes last week. Yesterday was all about actual childbirth. Well wasn't that an eyeopener! Can someone else birth this baby please?

Ooh was it all in person? I'm looking forward to ours and weirdly I've never been afraid of birth. We've been doing the hypnobirthing course online from The Positive Birth company too which has been really good.

Sorry you have sciatica :( I had it for a day a few weeks ago and that was horrid enough.

Ooh was it all in person? I'm looking forward to ours and weirdly I've never been afraid of birth. We've been doing the hypnobirthing course online from The Positive Birth company too which has been really good.

Sorry you have sciatica :( I had it for a day a few weeks ago and that was horrid enough.

My hospital is doing all the classes online. There were a few videos and for the first time I had the realisation of 'oh yeah, that part is probably going to really really suck'.

My hospital is doing all the classes online. There were a few videos and for the first time I had the realisation of 'oh yeah, that part is probably going to really really suck'.

Ah I see, ours is still in person as far as I know but I do get £50 back if it changes to online so... not too bad :) And yeah, it probably will suck but I always just remind myself that people have babies every day and then a lot of those same women go on to have even more babies so it can't be that bad :)

I got some tiny bibs and reusable nappy covers in the post today :D It's so nice filling Gilly's drawer with all of his things. I think all I'm missing now is some socks... oh and the microwave bottle steriliser.

Had my 32 week check-up today too, apparently I have superb iron levels haha. He's still head down and following the 50th percentile line nicely but is currently facing outwards though there's still plenty of time for him to turn around. The naughty boy also kicked the midwife again, haha.

Ah I see, ours is still in person as far as I know but I do get £50 back if it changes to online so... not too bad :) And yeah, it probably will suck but I always just remind myself that people have babies every day and then a lot of those same women go on to have even more babies so it can't be that bad :)

I got some tiny bibs and reusable nappy covers in the post today :D It's so nice filling Gilly's drawer with all of his things. I think all I'm missing now is some socks... oh and the microwave bottle steriliser.

Had my 32 week check-up today too, apparently I have superb iron levels haha. He's still head down and following the 50th percentile line nicely but is currently facing outwards though there's still plenty of time for him to turn around. The naughty boy also kicked the midwife again, haha.

Online classes are interesting. I can tell that when they are face to face the group normally forms friendships and do things like facebook mothers groups and get really chatty. The midwife was trying hard to get us all talking but it just was not working. Everyone was just super quiet for the whole class.

Anyone made a birth plan?
Mine is "just don't tear".

Online classes are interesting. I can tell that when they are face to face the group normally forms friendships and do things like facebook mothers groups and get really chatty. The midwife was trying hard to get us all talking but it just was not working. Everyone was just super quiet for the whole class.

Haha, sounds like a good plan! Hopefully you won't :) My ideal birth would be:

In a pool, with low lighting, limited pain relief (happy to try TENS, gas and air and oromorph) and our Japanese onsen playlist in the background. We're packing mochi, granola bars, Jelly Babies and apple Lucozade for snacks :)

Obvs I may not get all of it but at a basic level just not on my back and no epidural. I'd only take a caesarean or forceps/suction as an ultimate last resort, I do not like the thought of either.

Tips for getting baby to turn is to be on your hands and knees, or leaning forward over a birthing ball a lot - apparent it allows gravity to act on the heaviest part of baby, the spine, and pulls them into the optimal birthing position. My pregnancy yoga teacher was fond of this tip.

My birth plan is mostly just 'go with the flow and end up with a baby' first time round I wanted a water birth, I did start off in the pool but then they broke my waters early and his head got wedged in my pelvis and I couldn't move to get back in. Second time my plan said 'dobt break my waters or give me diamorphine as it slowed down my labour last time' and I was induced with my waters broken for me and then ended up with diamorphine right at the end which did not slow down my labour. So this time I'm just going to see what happens, lol.

Tips for getting baby to turn is to be on your hands and knees, or leaning forward over a birthing ball a lot - apparent it allows gravity to act on the heaviest part of baby, the spine, and pulls them into the optimal birthing position. My pregnancy yoga teacher was fond of this tip.

I will give that a go :) I quite enjoy the bouncy ball haha.

I feel like I'll need to warn the midwives when I go into labour that my mum had me in about eight hours start to finish and was one of the ladies who went from 3cm to 10cm in about half an hour. I was also her first baby! I'm kind of afraid of being told 'stay home it'll be ages yet' and then progressing really fast.

I will give that a go :) I quite enjoy the bouncy ball haha.

I feel like I'll need to warn the midwives when I go into labour that my mum had me in about eight hours start to finish and was one of the ladies who went from 3cm to 10cm in about half an hour. I was also her first baby! I'm kind of afraid of being told 'stay home it'll be ages yet' and then progressing really fast.

I think you can insist on going in to be checked even if they are suggesting that you stay home - you may just end up getting sent away again but that's not a huge deal, especially if your close to the hospital!

I think you can insist on going in to be checked even if they are suggesting that you stay home - you may just end up getting sent away again but that's not a huge deal, especially if your close to the hospital!

Yeah, thankfully we're only ten minutes away :)

Yeah, thankfully we're only ten minutes away :)
Nice not to have a long drive while in labour! We are 25 mins, which is fine too - except my husband was so nervous when we drove in while in labour with our first he went the wrong way on the motorway. I was not impressed!! At least we have a funny story to tell.

Nice not to have a long drive while in labour! We are 25 mins, which is fine too - except my husband was so nervous when we drove in while in labour with our first he went the wrong way on the motorway. I was not impressed!! At least we have a funny story to tell.

Oh no! I’m glad you still made it though :)

Hi everyone,

Looks like I am jumping to your thread :) December mums is completely quiet :(
I'm 27+2 now so not far off tri 3 hope it's treating you all well so far xx

Hi everyone,

Looks like I am jumping to your thread :) December mums is completely quiet :(
I'm 27+2 now so not far off tri 3 hope it's treating you all well so far xx

What’s your due date for the front page? :)

Due 23rd December :smile:

All done :) You made my percentages much easier to work out haha.

All good here :) I’m just having a bath to help my back pain. Gilly is having a good wiggle inside, he either likes the bath or hates the hiccoughs he got before lol.

After that my husband D and I are going to make banana pancake batter for my birthday breakfast tomorrow :D

How about thee?

All done :) You made my percentages much easier to work out haha.

All good here :) I’m just having a bath to help my back pain. Gilly is having a good wiggle inside, he either likes the bath or hates the hiccoughs he got before lol.

After that my husband D and I are going to make banana pancake batter for my birthday breakfast tomorrow :D

How about thee?

Awww I'm doing OK today but yesterday was struck with horrible sickness and I'm forever sore with pelvic pain :( she's also extremely active at 6am this past week

Awww that sounds lovely <3 would love fresh pancakes for the morning x

Awww I'm doing OK today but yesterday was struck with horrible sickness and I'm forever sore with pelvic pain :( she's also extremely active at 6am this past week

Awww that sounds lovely <3 would love fresh pancakes for the morning x

Ah yeah that’s never fun when they have a dance at nighttime! Sorry to hear about your pelvic pain :( Has your midwife given you anything for it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back