Mummies Running Club :D

If you just pm your address I'll post it on to you & I'll let you know what the postage is. Don't worry about giving me anything for it but maybe send back when your done (no rush at all) & I'll pass it on to SIL xxx

Thanks Rednursie, will PM you my address later :)

Nooo Mel, it sounds very painful, great that youve planned your own rehab, hope your back out running soon.

I use gps so im not sure if there is one for use on a treadmill, maybe try googling it hun.

Im still suffering with my knee, im undecided whether im running tonight or not :( Im off for another gait analysis tomorrow as ive changed my running form since my last one x x

Just been catching up. You're doing well girls.

Pos how you getting on, did you go out the other day?

AM how are the splints today? Swimming will probably be good for a couple of weeks just to give them a rest. I had shin splints years ago and can be so painful.

M2A will be having a read of your blog later :)

Rednurse, well done on entering the marathon. I don't think you'll have a problem with it as you've done half marathons before. Just take it steady and don't overdo the training. I found the worst part of the marathon was around 19-23 miles, but the crowds do keep you going.

Well I finally pulled my finger out and went for a run yesterday (I hadn't been out in nearly 2 weeks :shock: ) I ran 3.3 miles which felt good but I stupidly wore a bad fitting bra (the straps kept falling down and was driving me crazy) and my joggers were too big and kept falling down too :doh: so I went out yesterday afternoon and bought a new sports bra and running leggings. I also went to the pool yesterday with C and my oh, so while he was playing with lo I did a few lengths.

I hurt today...... Lol

Just been catching up. You're doing well girls.

Pos how you getting on, did you go out the other day?

AM how are the splints today? Swimming will probably be good for a couple of weeks just to give them a rest. I had shin splints years ago and can be so painful.

M2A will be having a read of your blog later :)

Rednurse, well done on entering the marathon. I don't think you'll have a problem with it as you've done half marathons before. Just take it steady and don't overdo the training. I found the worst part of the marathon was around 19-23 miles, but the crowds do keep you going.

Well I finally pulled my finger out and went for a run yesterday (I hadn't been out in nearly 2 weeks :shock: ) I ran 3.3 miles which felt good but I stupidly wore a bad fitting bra (the straps kept falling down and was driving me crazy) and my joggers were too big and kept falling down too :doh: so I went out yesterday afternoon and bought a new sports bra and running leggings. I also went to the pool yesterday with C and my oh, so while he was playing with lo I did a few lengths.

I hurt today...... Lol

Well Done hun, i dont actually know how far i can run!... i doubt i need a sports bra for my fried eggs.. :lol:

im back on the treadmill tomorrow to finish my last day of the C25k this week

Well done Sassy :)

I went out to test my knee and after 3 miles it stopped hurting so i carried onto 8 miles. It was lovely weather for a run this morning, a bit too warm near the end x x

Well, I've been out again today, I did 3.4 miles (that 0.4 makes all the difference lol) felt good being out, actually enjoyed it. I even tackled a really steep hill on the way home. Had an average pace of 8 and a half mins which im really chuffed with. I wore my new sports bra and joggers and being supported made such a difference :lol:

I have ordered a new drinks water bottle on eBay today (my old one leaks) so I'll be able to start doing longer runs soon.

Thanks girls for this thread and giving me the motivation to get out running again!! :love:

Glad youve got your motivation back Sassy, thats great running :)

My foam roller made an appearance tonight, my knee is still causing me trouble not want i need with less than 12 weeks to go. Im in bed with my leg elevated and my ice pack on my knee, hoping it will help ease it :(
Not great when ive got 4 scheduled runs this week as well, one 3 miler, one 5 miler, one 8 miler and a 14 miler just hoping i can do them all.
After my gait analysis on Sat, im still wearing the right shoes but she thinks i may need more cushioning than the sauconys are offering so ive been looking around, but i wont buy unless they have a try and return policy, thinking of going back to Asics with the gel cushioning but not sure yet x x

Could you take it easy for a few days just to see if it helps rather than run and maybe make it worse? You've been doing lots of training so a rest wouldn't set you back in terms of being fit enough. Hope your knee feels a bit better in the morning hun

Im going to see how things go Sassy as i only did 2 runs last week, didnt run Thurs, Fri or Sat. I wondering whether its got something to do with my itb band, thats why my foam rollers made an appearance.
When are you next out? Have you got anything planned to work towards?x x

Hi ladies :wave: I've been on nights all weekend but finished today. Just awake! M2A how is your knee? That must be stressfull with only 12 weeks to go? I started a 16 week training plan last week (on weeks 2!) so today is the start of week three. Not sure I'll be sticking to it religiously though! Did a 6 miler on SAturday average of 11minute mile. When I getcmycass out of bed and finish my cupola I will be going for another one. Hoping for a slightly better time but the sun is still belting downcso maybe not lol.
Well done everyone, sounds like we're all doing great! I totally love this thread :) xxx

Im going to see how things go Sassy as i only did 2 runs last week, didnt run Thurs, Fri or Sat. I wondering whether its got something to do with my itb band, thats why my foam rollers made an appearance.
When are you next out? Have you got anything planned to work towards?x x

Hope the foam rollers help hun. I'm hoping to get out again tomorrow, was a bit sore today, so don't want to over do it lol. I've just been looking online and there is a 10k race not far from me on 23rd August, so thinking of doing that..... that gives me a month to double what I'm running at the mo. Plus I always like something to work towards.

Rednursie how was your run today?

My run went okay! I planned a six miler but only did a five miler. I did find it tough tbh I don't think the heat helped. So I'm trying to stay positive-Training plan said only 3 miles today anyway and don't want to overdo it too early. Bought really comfy trainers in runners need on FRiday and a shocker absorber bra in sweaty Betty's-Socworth the money!
I think I need to stop focusing too much on times as I have a feeling if I set my mind on one and anything goes wrong on the day I will be so disappointed-I know whatim like, I can obsess about things so easily. The best thing about this is that it's totally taken my mind off TTC! I'm so grateful for that as it was really starting to wear me down. Yeah for running :dance:

Well done Rednursie, running in the heat isnt too nice. Thats why im glad the marathon is in Oct, there again knowing our weather it will be scorching!
My knee is feeling a bit better thanks to my foam roller, i think its a mix between my itb band and tight muscles x x

I feel like I've abandoned the thread! I haven't ran since Thursday :( but on a better note, because of that my shins aren't hurting at all now so Monday will be my first run but Ill just do 2.5 miles and walk/run/walk/run.

Hope everyone's getting on ok!

I've entered the 10k on 23 August...... Agh!!! Best get some training in now lol

Glad your shins arent hurting now Mel, best to start off slowly to make sure you are full recovered :)

Sassy - not long till then, which one are you doing? Good luck with your training x x

Ooo good luck sassy!! Think I might take a look at races near me as Im not doing one until the end of October...just seems quite far away.

I feel like I've abandoned the thread! I haven't ran since Thursday :( but on a better note, because of that my shins aren't hurting at all now so Monday will be my first run but Ill just do 2.5 miles and walk/run/walk/run.

Hope everyone's getting on ok!

I didn't see your post, glad your shins aren't as sore hun. The rest will have done you good!

Glad your shins arent hurting now Mel, best to start off slowly to make sure you are full recovered :)

Sassy - not long till then, which one are you doing? Good luck with your training x x

I live over in Denmark so its a local one to where I live, quite excited now as the last race I ran was the great north run in 2010!

Didnt realised you lived in Denmark Sassy.
How did you find the GNR? Ive been told its very hill and prob one of the hardest halfs in the UK x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back