Mummies Running Club :D

I never thought Id say this but I actually really like Nike running gear. Not their shoes but top and trousers. I've just got some ronhills as well to wear when it starts getting colder or for hill running. Haven't tried them myself but my parents always wear them. I've got Brooks trainers and love them.

Brooks is a really good brand of running shoe. I ended up going for mizuno. The local running shop had a running machine where they videoed how I ran and then picked the shoe to best suit my running style.

Will have a look at the brands mentioned for clothes, thanks girls :)

Never tried brooks or muzuno, ive had nike lunars, Adidas, asics and sauconys.
I love my sauconys at the moment.

But i have to say the best thing ive ever bought for running is my garmin, if you ladies dont already have one, its well worth looking into :)

All this running talk is making me want to go out tonight but im on a rest day :( x x

Wow sassy sugar London marathon twice-That's impressive! Augustmum I'd love to do mudrunner but its a bit far from London-May try &rope some colleagues in to do it with me though! Good luck for October mummy2adam-Sounds like you've got your training sorted :) Reading all of this has given me the boost to go out for anothe run today-My aim is 8km I really hope I do it! xx

Hows everyone getting on? Im off out tonight only a quick paced 5 miler, got a 12 miler scheduled for the weekend just hope my little miss Elexia i dont sleep gives me abit of rest so I have the energy x x

Oooof....12 miles would kill me off lol.

I did a 3 miler earlier while my sister watched Lo. Ive felt all proactive since then. Doing a 4.5 mile on Saturday which Im looking forward to as its the longest Ive done since the 10k 2 weeks ago. Im so enjoying running but my mum gave me a massage Tuesday (the joys of having a trained massage therapist in the family!) and she thinks Ive got the start of shin splints so Ive got to ice my shins after and wear 'proper' shoes :( Ballet pumps are out the window.

Oooo a running shoe shopping trip Augustmum. I love getting new running shoes, OH has banned me from getting anymore as i already have 6 pairs and only ever wear one.
Go to somewhere that does gait anaysis, they will advise you of the best type of shoe x x

Go to somewhere that does gait anaysis, they will advise you of the best type of shoe x x

Agreed, this is what I did, defo a good idea

Def agree with that. Post pregnancy I'll be putting my trainers on to shift this baby weight and I'll be treating myself to some new ones from our local shop that does gait analysis :). DH swore by his new asics for the paris marathon. I keep putting my name in for the london ballot but never made it so far! We missed it thus year which was annoying cos if i'd got i'd have deferred a year and done it well post pregnancy. Might stick to half marathons as a goal to get back to though :)

I keep entering london and got fed up of the rejections so chose to do my local one instead, still entered the ballot, so awaiting Oct to find out whether its 4th time lucky. Sometimes i think its who you know! x x

Hope you get a place this year. First time I ran it, I did it with a charity, the 2nd time I got a place through the running club I was a member of. I've entered it about 4 times now and have never got my own place!

Thanks hun, i might not want it after Oct ;) Just got back from my 5miler, Lexi decided she didnt want to settle tonight so i went out a lot later than normal, so now ive got the great feeling you get after a run and i know after my shower im not going to be able to go straight to sleep!
Anyone else venture out tonight? x x

I went out this morning so know Ill sleep like a log tonight!

Ive already got some lovely running shoes that I love, it's just normal every day shoes. Theyre putting a strain on my shins so need to rethink. Not cool.

Just did a bit of mapping on the micoach online and worked out a lovely 7k run which Im going to do Saturday morning and also a just under 10k run, but won't do that for another week or two. Really need to start running up the hill but will need new shoes for that. The ones I want are near £100 :brat: Not impressed. Off to go look at some bright yellow clothes now to wear down the lanes lol.

Did you find some bright yellow clothes Augustmum? X x

I did! My dads :roll: He had a bright yellow top I could have. Pretty huge but it did the job. When I went down the lane it was quite dark because of rain so I was glad of it tbh.

You been out since Thursday? I did 4.3m this afternoon which I was really pleased with. Next run on Monday. Think I might do it before the interview so I feel all refreshed for it.

Well done thats brilliant :)
It doesnt matter on the size as long as it keeps you safe.
Ive not been out since Thursday, ive had 2 rest days before my 12 miler tomorrow x x

Hey ladies, I had my 10k this morning. Not sure of my tinting but think it was over the 60 mark so a bit gutted :-(I did have to wade through mud though! Ill let you know when the official times are up. It's lovely to be back into it properly I feel great. You guys all sound like your doing fab too :)

Well done Rednursie :) Glad your feeling great.

I did my 12 miler this morning, the longest ive run since having Elexia and it felt great, my legs are abit achy but part from that everything went to plan :) x x

Well done rednurse, I'm sure it was a good day!!
M2A well done in done 12 miles today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back