Mummies Running Club :D

Whats your longest run to date Rednursie? The reason im asking is most marathon training plans are atleast 16 weeks long and theres only about 14 weeks till the Dublin Marathon. I know you are running some fab distances but youd need to be careful how quickly you increase my milage and in my opinion (unless youve ran over 10mile ish already) Dublin maybe to soon.
If you go to marathonrunnersdiary.co.uk, this will list all marathons that run throughout the year.
Good luck and well done :)

Pos - sorry to hear you dont feel safe running at night, do you have room for a treadmill? x x

No room for a treadmill, OH has said he is gonna start doing early shifts so I can get out by 5:30 :yay:

X

Thanks M2A. My average runs now are about 8 miles. (I thought it was much less as I thought I was using km's!) last night I did 8.4 miles. I've done three half marathons to date the last one being last October.
I have a confession to make though.........
I entered the Dublin marathon last night! I feel bit silly now but I felt so positive after my run! I didnt really feel tired aftEr 8.4 miles. I actually feel 'fit' now if you know what I mean? Likee i could possibly do it if i prepare properly. Do you think I'm mad or with careful training I can do it? I gave myself really bad tendonopothy by overtraining when i was training for the PAris marathon 2 years ago so am going to be super careful and i always listen to my body now when running. Am off to by new trainers in runners need this morning-They do gait analysis. All advice welcome xxx

Great news Pos :)

You are mad Rednursie but arent we all ;) I think if you are very careful not to overdo it and listen to your body you will be able to do it :)
Are you wanting to aim for a time or are you just happy to get round?
Have you found a training plan yet? x x

Ladies can you inspire me to go for a run this afternoon? i have no excuse not to other than it might rain, i'm actually sitting here bored, just put Will down for a nap. had plans to meet a friend but she can't make it so i really should go for a run......but i can't find the kick up the arse, i feel really lazy today :nap:

xx

also m2a, from when you started running again, how long did it take you to lose the 4 stone and how did you start etc? were you able to just pick it up and start running for miles? or did you build it up, think what i;m trying to say is...how did you do it??

xx

Yes I think I've always known I'm mad but this just confirms it! Realistically I would just like to get round but at the same time would really love to do it in under 5 hours. Though really not sure how feasible that is. Once i get a proper training plan going ill have a better idea. I did my last half marathon in 2hours and 8 though i know you cant compare. I will be sitting down this evening to organise a training plan. Will check out the link you recommended. Thank you! :) I won a powerplate session in my gym so off to do that now then it's off to runners need. Oh-I just bought a new sports bra-Forty squids!!!But it keeps the girls nice & secure so that's the main thing hehe :) xxxx

Get your bum out of the door Pos and start pounding those streets, you will feel the running buzz after if you do ;)

I started running again in Feb, started the c25k got bored so started my own plan once i knew my base distance. I didnt go out all guns blazing and walked if i felt i needed to. Ive had ups and downs and injuries but its all worth it.

Heres my blog i started in April if you want to have a look:
http://kerrysroadtomarathon.blogspot.com/
X x

m2a i just commented on your blog, i'm Sarah Browne in case you are wondering :)

x

Positivity you will love the book! It's so worth it, really hits the nail on the head! If anyone wants my copy their welcome to it xx

I've ordered my copy, got an email from amazon this morning to say its been dispatched :yay:

x

Positivity you will love the book! It's so worth it, really hits the nail on the head! If anyone wants my copy their welcome to it xx

I wouldnt mind a read Rednursie, do you want anything for it? X x

oh and you inspired me to start my own :)
xx

Its great to record things and then look back on when you get the i cant be bothered mood, it definitely gets you back out running :)
Your comment hasnt come through yet, will keep an eye out for it :) x x

If you just pm your address I'll post it on to you & I'll let you know what the postage is. Don't worry about giving me anything for it but maybe send back when your done (no rush at all) & I'll pass it on to SIL xxx

Right, my shins still hurt a fair bit today so Im getting a months membership at my local pool and will be just swimming for 2 weeks and then start walking again and adding running in during the walk.

How's everyone getting on?

Day 2 of c25k completed!

Also as I'm on the treadmill is there away I can track how far I run! Obviously I'm only on one spot but didn't know if there was an app or something?

You could get a nike sensor? It doesnt need gps, just tracks your movements and footsteps so should work.

Well done on day 2 :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back