Am serious this time! (Losing weight)

Awww not to worry hun! Everyone has times when things crop up and take you off track :lol:

Welcome Lisanat!! I'm sure you could do some light exercise, maybe just a stroll but don't over do it! I'm sure in a few weeks you will be more up to it :wink:

Strangeness well done!! That's fabulous :cheer: I would like to measure myself today but can't find the tape measure! i might try my jeans on and see how they are doing. I went out walking for an hour and a half this morning with a couple of other Mums and refused cake afterwards! I am going out again later on my 35 min circuit via the post office.

Tankett, don't worry we all slip up, you will be back on track in no time! Sounds like you had a great weekend though!

Will do! I need it for my work! Guess I better have a tidy up :lol:

Yippee! I have lost and inch of my waist and half and inch off my hips and half an inch under my boobs!! I'm so happy, I only measured on Thursday and it isn't even first thing in the morning!! I am visiting DH's Nan on Wednesday so can weigh myself then :cheer:

Right tomorrow is the start of my diet. I weighed myself today and Iam 13 stone. So i would like to idealy go down to my pre wedding weight of 9 /9and a half stone. Im serious this time. Is anyone doing weight watchers or slimming world kind of diets??

xx

Hi Lisa and good luck! I'm not following a diet just cutting the sweet stuff and junk out. I do have the rules of slimming world on computer so if you want the files I could email them to you. Not sure how to do this but I'll get my DH to do it! apparantley its really effective and you can eat loads :wink:

The last time I needed to lose a serious amount of weight I went on the Atkins diet. I know it has had loads of bad press (a lot of that is because people concentrate on just one aspect and don't look at the whole things) but it really suited me and I lost 2 stone and kept it off (until I became pregnant). I know need to lose that weight again but I am currently breastfeeding and I am worried about going on it while BF. Does anybody know if it is OK to follow or not?

Thanks

Well done Skatty :cheer: Am so pleased for you hun!

If you're breastfeeding Nicky I wouldn't follow the atkins diet, just eat healthy and cut out sweets and junk and keep active. It soon comes off!

Welcome on board girlies :cheer:

Nicky I lost loads of weight doing my own version of the Atkins called the Katkins - low carb with cocktails :rotfl: I didn't eat all the fried food just lots of fish and lean meat with veg or salad and lost loads of weight all in 8 days, it was like a miracle! I'm too worried to do it while BF too. I would like to do it to jumpstart my weight loss and then reintroduce some carbs and compensate with exercise. I have already noticed that my milk isn't as good if I have a day where I haven't eaten much, not that it means I wont eat much but I wonder if the carbs are essential for the milk and babies diet?

Skatty, thanks for the link. I have been trying to work it off at the gym, but I have done my knee in again so I have had to stop going for the last week or so. :(

I weighed myself today and have lost 2½ lbs in 10 days so I am pleased with that, slow but sure :)

I don't know what's wrong today, i have been constantly hungry! I have tried to stay good but have been eating in case I'm feeling hungry for the breastmilk. I hope I wont be like it tomorrow! I did get up and do an exercise video this morning while Leorah went to bed with DH for a bit of a lie in.

How's everyone else doing???

I went a bit wrong yesterday as my dh took me out for a gorgeous meal and I had ice cream after :oops: I did exercise though so hoping it wasn't too much extra weight. Will be having a healthy dinner tonight!

I wouldn't worry too much Skatty, as long as you're active it should burn fat still and you should still lose weight. You're doing so well hun :cheer:

Thanks Strangeness :hug:

You well deserved your meal out and I hope you enjoyed every mouthful!

I saw a french woman on TV that said french women don't look at their diet on a daily basis they look at it over a week so if you do go out for a meal one eve they just compensate the next day. That is more or less what you have done so no harm will come!

I didn't do my exercise video today, I am so tired but have been out walking. My DH did point out that I have actually been eating a lot less than usual so maybe that's why I've been tired and hungry. Today I am eating a proper lunch and dinner but low fat of course! i dont want my diet to effect my breast milk.

BTW I have seen a pair of jeans I want from H&M and refuse to buy them in a big size so that's my incentive :D

Oooo that's a good idea working towards something! I didn't eat too much yesterday but if I'm hungry I'm just bulking myself out with fruit! My meal was worth every lb I have put on though :lol: it was gorgeous! I forgot what chips tasted like haha. Weigh in day on monday! Not sure if I've lost anything this week, doesn't feel like I have but if I haven't put on weight then I am happy :cheer:

hey ladies just wanted to wish you all luck on yout weight loss!!

Ill join you in May if you havnt all finished by then lol

ideally you should only be loosing 1-2lb a week after the first 2 weeks when you may have an initally larger loss. Loosing 1-2lbs a week is a sensible amount and it should stay off (according to the nutritionist I saw!)

GI diet was recommended to me by my Doc and the nutritionist if you google it there is a website so you can get the jist.

Also its a good idea to aim and do a prize for yourself so if you set say 6lb or 1stone goals and when you get there say ''when I hit a stone Im going to treat myself to a pair of shoes'' or whatever, it will motivate you!

One more thing, why dont you do pictures? you can keep them all in this thread and do a starting weight pic then update it every 6lb or stone you have lost so you can keep an eye on your progress and really see the difference!!

When I do my diet I want to loose about 6stone! Will take me a while but ill be determinded to get there, I want to be yummy mummy not a wobbly mummy lol, 11st is apparently my ideal weight for my Height and build.

Hi Jenny and thanks for the tips! The pic idea is great but my jelly belly is a bit scary, don't want to shock all the pregnant Mum's :lol:

Strangeness I look forward to hearing your weekly results, I'm sure you've done fabulously! I did eat some chocolates around my MIL'shouse on Sat but I don't mind as I am trying to start as I mean to go on and will always eat choc but just occassionally rather than everyday!

I am pleased to say I have lost another ½" off my waist and ½" off my hips! I don't know when I'll be able to weigh myself again but as long as my body is getting smaller I'm happy! Hopefully I will have them jeans soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back