Mummies Running Club :D

Im from the UK, just over here temporarily til next year :)

I've done the GNR 3 times now, I really enjoy it. There are a few hills throughout but I thought the hardest was around 10/11 miles as its quite a long slow hill and I was knackered by then lol.

Done 3 miles tonight with sections of speed work, bring back the rain, its too warm to run x x

Done 3 miles tonight with sections of speed work, bring back the rain, its too warm to run x x

How was your knee? It's so warm here too!!! I'm either going to go out first thing or tomorrow evening.

Its still not 100% Sassy, i keep using RICE. This time around ive had nothing but problems with my knees, when i went to see a physio she said that relaxin can still be in my body from having Lexi which means my joints wont be as tough as they were when i was running last. Im just going to slow down slightly and see how it goes x x

I read your blog yesterday, you've been having quite a few problems with it. I hope slowing it down helps hun. I've not been out yet, it's too warm to run atm, so went for nice walk instea maybe get out later.

hi ladies,

well i went for my run the other day, 3 miles (not continuous running yet :( ) but this week its been unbearably hot so i've not been out :( xx

Well done Pos, thats great with you only just starting back? Did your OH manage to change his time with work?

Im off out tonight once the kids are in bed, hopefully it will be cooler by then.

Hows everyone else getting on? x x

Done 5 miles tonight, my knee still feels like there is something not quite right so im now worrying im not going to be able to do my 14miler at the weekend :( x x

Aw that's rubbish, is there anything else you can do to help it?

I went out tonight and did 2 miles. It was a lovely evening but still really warm so didn't want to do any longer. I took this photo while running :lol:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343336091.664975.jpg

I'm not running tomorrow, but going to try and do over 5 miles on Saturday.

What a lovely sight on your run Sassy and well done on the 2miles in the heat.
Ive always wanted to live on a beach so i can run up and down it when i get up in the morning (i wake up from dreaming!)
Im icing my knee at the moment and i tried to slow down my run but its so hard especially when you know you can run it in a certain time! x x

I hope your knee recovers soon, sounds like your doing the right things. I'm planning an eight miler tomorrow morning. God help me!

Hopefully soon I'll be able to let you know how far I've ran! I'm on my 2nd week of C25k, still easy but im sticking to it! I'm pleased I haven't give up yet, as I give up on everything Even though I've never sweated as much in my life when I did it earlier, treadmill in conservatory, which is like a greenhouse at the moment, which means its damn hot in there!

Well done Kelly, you're doing well, stick at it hun.

I've just been out. I did 5.5 miles. There was some hill work in it too so I think I'll hurt tomorrow. Feel good for doing it though......

Well done everyone on the runs! :yay:

Im starting back Monday hopefully dependant on my cough. My shins feel amazing now so just a 2.5 mile run and Im going to walk 5 mins and run 5 mins just to slowly get back to it. My mums going to teach me some physio for it and how to strap it properly so they should be fine for here on out! Will update when I've been out.

I've just been reading online that Paula Radcliffe has had to pull out of the Olympic marathon due to injury. How devastating for her!!

Well done everyone :yay:

I heard that before Sassy, i really feel for her, hope she recovers quick. I was wondering whos going to be the lucky one to be called up to replace her though?

Things didnt go as planned for me yesterday, i started out on my 14 miler, felt great, found my LSR pace really quick and knee felt ok-ish, got to just under 6 miles and i got emergency called into work :( i wasnt a very happy bunny, so not only have i had to end my run early, ive had no rest this weekend because i got called out on Saturday too.
Hope everyones had a lovely weekend x x

Sorry to hear that M2A :-( I would hate to do on calls at work. I've signed up for a half marathon the 12th of August to help prepare me and if I can get the motivation I plan an 8 miler today. Feel very bleugh this morning! Think I just need to get off my backside. Hope you get to plan another long run soon xx

Oooh not long then rednursie, are you using it as a training run or racing it? have you been out much over the weekend?

Ive got another LSR scheduled for Sunday and im not on call :) x x

I didn't get out at all over weekend but did 8.25 miles today :) will rest tomorrow and do a shorter run Wednesday &friday and maybe a ten miler on SUnday. I think that's sensible enough training. I'm not sure about weather I'll be racing my half marathon. I Might set my self a target time of 2 hours twenty. I hate disappointment of not getting a time though! It's still 11 weeks away from the marathon so if I achieved that time I'd be delighted.:)

you ladies are all doing so well.

i done another 3 miles today, i have to admit i really can't see how i am ever going to get better at this. i'm going again tomorrow and i know it will get easier but while i was running round (with the buggy :roll: ) i started to feel like i have a moutain to climb, please tell me it starts getting easier?

also, after my run this morning i went to meet a friend in new sandals and got blisters on the soles of my feet :wall: hoping it feels better by the morning x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back