Mummies Running Club :D

Ouchy im feeling a bit achy today but im still looking out of the window wishing i was running rather than on my lunch at work.

Mel - noticed on fb you were reading a book about running, whats it like? X x

i did my 1st day of C25k today, does that count?

I started it after having Lexi but because id run before it didnt last long as i started to follow my own plans but my mum and sister did it and they said it was brilliant x x

Im in awe of the 12 miler m2a! I cant get over it. You've inspired me to do a 10k on Saturday. Oh and the books 'Run Fat Bitch Run'. If you're already a runner then you won't find it amazingly helpful but it is funny and makes you realise alot of things. Worth the fiver I payed.

And yay Kelly! Well done. It might not have been hard to do but it's a big mile stone just getting out and doing it.

I went for the 2.5 mile run today and will be doing the same tomorrow. Then Thursday is walking for 30 minutes so Im not doing too much before the 6 mile on Saturday. Im really enjoying the interval training tbh.

Im in awe of the 12 miler m2a! I cant get over it. You've inspired me to do a 10k on Saturday. Oh and the books 'Run Fat Bitch Run'. If you're already a runner then you won't find it amazingly helpful but it is funny and makes you realise alot of things. Worth the fiver I payed.

And yay Kelly! Well done. It might not have been hard to do but it's a big mile stone just getting out and doing it.

I went for the 2.5 mile run today and will be doing the same tomorrow. Then Thursday is walking for 30 minutes so Im not doing too much before the 6 mile on Saturday. Im really enjoying the interval training tbh.

Exactly, plus because it seemed easier than what i thought, im more likely to stick at it! don't get me wrong i know im going to get to the harder stage soon, but its all better than nothing! :D

ive heard about that book mel.. i might look into it. :)

You will be running 12 miles before you know it Mel. Well done on your run today :)

Have you looked at entering a race for the end of your c25k Kelly? gives you a goal to aim towards x x

i love this thread :love:

i read right through and though, ooh il reply to that, and that but now iv forgotten so now i will just say u girls are an inspiration.

m2a i downloaded the hal higdon half marathon schedule, thanks so much for that!

AM i'm buying that book, the title sounds right up my street lol!

xx

Im quite in love with this thread too.

It really is a good book. She says in it that if you only get 3 things from reading this book she wants it to be *drink more water *eat less crap *run more.

I did a 2.5 mile yesterday with faster intervals and then did 2.2 miles with slower intervals today but gave up a it should of been over 3 miles but my shins were hurting :( I've decided not to run 2 days in a row and have one day a week where I run off road, so either round the school track or up the hill. I iced and stretched after the run and legs are fine again now.

How's the half marathon training going pos? Those training schedules are great. Might try one in the new year.

M2a, seriously, running 12 miles is so out of my league at the moment lol. You look fab in that photo by the way! You've done amazingly.

Oh almost forgot...I managed a 10 minute mile pace today :yay:

what's a 10 minute mile pace today, you ran a mile in 10 minutes? i'm so far off this!

training is going.......ok :oooo: havne't ran as much as i should be and the half marathon is feeling like a mountain to climb right now which is why i'm so happy i found this thread! x

Yeah a mile in 10 minutes. Its taken me a fair few weeks to get that!

I keep reminding myself that it takes 6 weeks to make a habit and 1 week to break it. So I've got certain days I always run on (Monday, Thursday and Saturday with a walk on Tuesday) and I stick to it so that I can make it a habit in.the hope I stick to it more. Are you able to do that?

Thats great going Mel, well done you :)
You will be surprised how quickly you can up your milage if you keep up the training.

Pos - :yay: glad youve joined us. glad you found a training plan, they arent easy to follow when you have a LO though, just stick to it and you will be running that half marathon in a fab time.

No running for me last night, i went to zumba instead but im off out tonight on an easy 5miler, got to reserve my energy for my next big one at the weekend! x x

M2a get you 'easy 5 miler' lol!! At the moment all my runs are wiv the buggy as I have no one to have LO and OH doesn't get home til nearly 7 every night and then it's dinner etc xx

That made me sound so up my own arse didnt it! I meant easy as in slower paced run.

Could you go out once OH comes in? During the week i can only get out after the kids are in bed and i love running at this time, it takes away the stress of the day. How are you finding running with a buggy? x x

My run tonight did quite go to plan, i think ive re-injured my knee at zumba last night :( still managed 3.18miles though, time to RICE my knee and reschedule my 5 miles for Friday night. Im thinking of packing in the zumba until after my marathon to make sure im not putting any unnecessary pressure on my knee
Hows everyone else getting on? X x

That made me sound so up my own arse didnt it! I meant easy as in slower paced run.

Could you go out once OH comes in? During the week i can only get out after the kids are in bed and i love running at this time, it takes away the stress of the day. How are you finding running with a buggy? x x

no you didn't sound up your own arse, its amazing and you should be proud of yourself!!!

running with the buggy is OK, i could go out when OH gets home, only trouble is i dont live in the best area and im not comfortable going out running round the park on my own at night :(

xx

Well it turns out ive been training in miles & not kilometres! How thick is that?! I changed the settings on my running watch without realising hehe. I ran 7.3 miles this evening, really pleased with that :) Am also in love with this thread now! I'm thinking of biting the bullet &signing up for a marathon. I really don't want to get a charity place though as I think I would get too stressed out with all the fundraising. Can anybody reccommend a marathon that may still have places left? I'm thinking Dubln (October)or PAris (April) Any thoughts ladies? Well done on everyone's efforts by the way, sounds like everyone's doing great :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back