May mummies and rainbows to be :) the wait is nearly over!

Congratulations dovekie, sorry yours didn't go to plan either. I know how it feels to have had an emcs! I hope you are recovering a lot better than I did though! I'm only just starting to recover now but normally I think a day or two later and you wont feel so bad xx

I've been ill. I was in agony yesterday and last night for about 6 hours non stop. I kept complaining and they said it's normal recovery pain.... turned out I had 800ml of urine stuck in my bladder! Had to get a catheter and drain it :/ I'm still in hospital. You must be home now?

Congratulations dovekie, sorry yours didn't go to plan either. I know how it feels to have had an emcs! I hope you are recovering a lot better than I did though! I'm only just starting to recover now but normally I think a day or two later and you wont feel so bad xx

I've been ill. I was in agony yesterday and last night for about 6 hours non stop. I kept complaining and they said it's normal recovery pain.... turned out I had 800ml of urine stuck in my bladder! Had to get a catheter and drain it :/ I'm still in hospital. You must be home now?

Oh no! Sorry to hear this. The pain of the surgery can get quite bad if your bladder or bowel is full. They thought I was just complaining overly initially, in the end they all apologised and we're really sympathetic! Can't believe how naughty these may babies have been. I got home a few days ago now, I was in hospital for a week in the end. Xx

Dovekie, that sounds so painful.
I can't believe what most of us have been through with births and recovery.
So glad they are all here safe and sound. What a journey we have all been through together xx

I really thought I would be recovered nearly 4 weeks on but I'm still getting bad pelvic pain especially at night or if I'm very sat for too long or walked too far. I'll mention it at the 6 week check up thing. Anyone else still getting pelvic pain? I can now most of the time move about with invert just slowly and carefully.

I'm feeling pretty much back to normal, although where I tore bleeds ever so slightly when I wipe but it's not painful or anything.

I mentioned on the other thread but I think I'm getting AF?! My CM has gone from being clear to bloodstained again, just like the start of AF! Eleanor is 4 weeks tomorrow so it'll be literally 4 weeks to the day!!!

XX

Not got pelvic pain but I still can't walk upstairs where I hurt my thigh/hip muscles during labour. My first drip site is also still painful with a lump. I saw the gp at his 6 week check and she said I just needrd to wait a bit longer for it to heal. Bit annoying as I thought I would be able to walk properly by now but they are pretty minor discomforts really so I'm glad nothing more id wrong.

Hmm I wonder if it's similar mines like pgp where thigh meets pelvis and erm not to be too crude but my lady bits where he would go if we were to did if you me so not in my body bit internal me I need a smear too. The pain also goes back towards my bum too its really annoying lol

Mine is on the outside rather than the inner thigh. I nearly fell off the bed a couple of times so think I over stretched it then. I was due a smear while pregnant, how long after birth can they be done? Should have asked gp but didn't think about it.

I don't know it's in my notes to do my smear after birth. I'll find out soon I guess. I don't think you can have it while still bleeding. I also need to talk about having a skin tag removed that started being painful the week we conceived. I tried to get off the bed but I had too many people holding me down lol 2 midwives my mum my husband a doc and an anesthesist lol I remember someone using their elbow on my knee to keep my legs apart ooo the dignity lol

Last edited:
Snowbee, it's a little while as all preg hormones need to be out of system. Not sure of exact timings though xx

I'm heading over to the other thread now. It's been great sharing my journey with you all! See you on the other side :)

That pelvic pain is awful. I didn't really get it whilst pregnant, but I did get it pretty bad at night a 2-3 weeks pp. 4 weeks pp now and it's gone. My bleeding has been rather light for awhile, but I still get a little too much at times to switch to a pantyliner, so using regular pads. My incision is closed and healing nicely. I'm feeling pretty good now. Still slower than my usual self, but had a nice long walk yesterday and no discomfort at night, so it wasn't too much. Looking forward to that 6 week appointment and hope to get clearance for light workouts. I just need to do a little more than walking. I miss swimming, but can't really do that until the bleeding stops, I guess. Can't wear tampons. Hope those who are still in discomfort start feeling better soon.

I don't know it's in my notes to do my smear after birth. I'll find out soon I guess. I don't think you can have it while still bleeding. I also need to talk about having a skin tag removed that started being painful the week we conceived. I tried to get off the bed but I had too many people holding me down lol 2 midwives my mum my husband a doc and an anesthesist lol I remember someone using their elbow on my knee to keep my legs apart ooo the dignity lol

Hi ! I have been trying to find you as you were dipping into our Jan mummies thread and I was thinking of you today so thought I'd see how you were! How are you? Any news ?? xxxxxxx

Hiya! We had a little girl on may 13th Anya Willow birth was a little not to plan but she's a super baby! How's your lo getting on?

Last edited:
Aww congratulations!!! Love the name. Robert is doing well thanks, had a couple of hiccups but getting there now thanks. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back