*March 2019 Testing Thread*

Today is my ds 4th birthday, so a good day! But it’s also reminding me that we’re still waiting for number 2 to come along. Don’t get me wrong I’m so grateful we have him and if is our lot then that is fine. But I’d love him to have a sibling.
In the grand plans of my youth, I was going to have 2 children, 2 years apart. There is 4 1/2 years between me and my brother and we’re not particularly close so I wanted a smaller age gap, now it’s going to be bigger!
Unfortunately life got in the way, new job made me delay things, then moving house, and a miscarriage. I’m fairly certain I had a chemical just before I changed jobs too.
I know a lot of you are still waiting for number 1 to come along, so I’m sorry if this sounds a little ungrateful, I just imagined my family would be complete by now.
There are 7 years between me and my younger brother and we are very close. Even tho he’s younger he’s always been like a “big” brother and we are more like mates. So I wouldn’t worry whenever you do have another one it’ll be fine xxx

My third niece* was born last night at 11pm, two days before her older sisters second birthday. Super excited to meet her :D

*by proxy as she is the daughter of D’s best friends.

Awww this is lovely hope you meet her soon xxx

I’ve just had some cm which had fonts of brown. Think AF is gonna arrive right on que x

How true are these? It seems it is implied estrogen is nearly as high hormone level wise as progesterone during pregnancy??? Really? Why?

Screenshot_20190314-143513.png Screenshot_20190314-143448.png

Right ladies, i need to ask for some stupid advice..
I'm not really a morning person, never have been so this also means i have never experimented with breakfast, i often miss it and skip straight to lunch at 12pm.
I want to try and change this, i know breakfast is the most important meal of the day and even more so when TTC apparently.
So my question is, what could i have for breakfast? It has to be quick, easy and healthy as i don't have a lot of time in the morning before having to leave for work...
When i went for reflexology, she told me to stay away from wheat as much as i could, so this includes cereals etc right?
Sorry if i sound stupid or dumb, you probably think i have lost the plot haha! x

Is your Reflexologist a dietitian? I would hazard a guess not. Not quite sure why she would say avoid wheat, unless you were intolerant :roll: (I dont think you are anyway).

Having any kind of breakfast is better than not having one at all - fact!

I eat breakfast without fail everyday, always have and always will (i actually have 2 now because i am starving again by 10am) You are in the majority though, sooooo many people skip this meal - i would literally die if i didnt eat before i left the house :lol:

If you have time, make some porridge or have some cereal. things like weetabix and shredded wheat are great for you, nothing in them but goodness in my opinion. Its just getting in to the habit of doing it i suppose x

The OH and I skip breakfast on purpose. We eat our first meal at around noon because your body goes into fat burning mode during the night, if you break your fast with anything which has sugar in it in the morning, your body will take the energy from that and stop the fat burning process.
I don't think there is anything wrong with skipping breakfast.:lol:

We then have an eating time frame of 8 hours instead of 12 or 14 like other people. FYI I am watching what I eat to lose some weight to ttc. If you don't need to lose weight, then you can do what you want!:rofl:

Is your Reflexologist a dietitian? I would hazard a guess not. Not quite sure why she would say avoid wheat, unless you were intolerant :roll: (I dont think you are anyway).

Having any kind of breakfast is better than not having one at all - fact!

I eat breakfast without fail everyday, always have and always will (i actually have 2 now because i am starving again by 10am) You are in the majority though, sooooo many people skip this meal - i would literally die if i didnt eat before i left the house :lol:

If you have time, make some porridge or have some cereal. things like weetabix and shredded wheat are great for you, nothing in them but goodness in my opinion. Its just getting in to the habit of doing it i suppose x
No I’m not intolerant to wheat at all but she said I should cut down on the amount of it because I tend to have bread most lunch times. God knows.
I wish I was the type of person that needed to eat breakfast before leaving the house.
My OH has weetabix every morning so maybe I will try to have some too before work. Thanks hun x

No I’m not intolerant to wheat at all but she said I should cut down on the amount of it because I tend to have bread most lunch times. God knows.
I wish I was the type of person that needed to eat breakfast before leaving the house.
My OH has weetabix every morning so maybe I will try to have some too before work. Thanks hun x

Oh i agree, bread everyday isnt great - maybe introduce Ryvitta or Pitta breads, something a bit lighter maybe?

You can only try and see how you get on - your body will probably go into shock for having brekkie :lol: but in time it will do wonders for you - in my opinion anyway.

The hardest thing is changing your routine and habits x

I can’t eat a breakfast work days, i am up at 5 and don’t feel hungry until about 9/10am in which casei either have a piece of fruit or a breakfast bar.

Weekends- whole different story!

Evening ladies - sorry I didn't introduce myself properly I just sort of jumped in! We are ntnp...but I have a feeling I want to join in with the 2WW this month, where as I haven't thought about it for aaages. I'm 39 and hopeful for a trilogy :)

8/9 dpo - approx (haven't done any Ov kits or temping or anything at all it just a guess)...I can produce imaginary cramping if I think about it hard enough haha. During my last two pregnancies at this early on I just felt tired and a bit off it and spotty, then later on had swollen boobs - but I get that every month. Wishing you lots of luck - any other secret symptom spotters at this stage?

I'm sitting here waiting to go to bed knackered, been craving sweetie stuff all day every day & having a general meh day on the whole!! lol. well,hope everyone elses day is ok! no idea why i felt need to post this btw but there ya go :p

Evening ladies - sorry I didn't introduce myself properly I just sort of jumped in! We are ntnp...but I have a feeling I want to join in with the 2WW this month, where as I haven't thought about it for aaages. I'm 39 and hopeful for a trilogy :)

8/9 dpo - approx (haven't done any Ov kits or temping or anything at all it just a guess)...I can produce imaginary cramping if I think about it hard enough haha. During my last two pregnancies at this early on I just felt tired and a bit off it and spotty, then later on had swollen boobs - but I get that every month. Wishing you lots of luck - any other secret symptom spotters at this stage?

I can produce symptoms too...my heart rate has increased, which I thought odd, quick google says it’s normal in this cycle stage :think:
Then I’m analysing every little twinge, my fatigue has absolutely nothing to do with my late night and early start... :shakehead:
Still 9 days till af due...trying to hold out but I know I won’t!!

I can produce symptoms too...my heart rate has increased, which I thought odd, quick google says it’s normal in this cycle stage :think:
Then I’m analysing every little twinge, my fatigue has absolutely nothing to do with my late night and early start... :shakehead:
Still 9 days till af due...trying to hold out but I know I won’t!!

It's cruel how your brain plays tricks! I'm off to bed in a min and I'm going to drift of thinking..what if? Is there something magical happening? ...I've got 6 days left until af is due - eeek not long now - I'll be distracted by work in the meantime - when might you (not) test? :p

Aww welcome. I’m 39 and trying for our third. Big age gap between mine though. My two are 13 and 16.
We are ttc, not doing tests but keeping track of cm and physical signs.

I’m trying not to symptom spot but got very sore boobs off and on at the mo which isn’t normal for me.

@chattychar1990 overnight oats with raspberries, oats and yoghurt sounds like a good option for you? I love overnight oats. You can eat them at your desk and prep them the night before...

I tested this morning and it was a BFN. It was horrible to see it... again! I’ve had brown and pink tinged CM since last night but AF still hasn’t arrived. Guessing she will come tomorrow :-( I don’t know why I let myself ‘hope’ for the best anymore... each month is just a bigger disappointment than the last :-( sorry to be a negative nelly ladies x

So tonight I have extremely sore boobs. Much more sore than usual for pms.
But I also have cramps so I think AF will be here on time tomorrow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back