*March 2019 Testing Thread*

Wait so you know for sure it’s accurate. I’m tired of BFN so I’m waiting! I’m going to try wait as long as the Monday! (As if that’ll happen hahaa)

I don’t think I have it in me to wait but I really want to know as soon as possible anyway as I need to get progesterone as soon as I know x

I’m not testing till day i’m due if period doesn’t arrive. I’m trying to be as stress free this month a so can. Spoof ok not really symptom spotting as I’ve had all symptoms when
Pregnant and not pregnant.

I totally get the pain it causes when a friend announces a pregnancy. I’ve had a ow day today. I’ve sat watching telly and cuddling my dogs. They always cheer me
Right up.

Wait so you know for sure it’s accurate. I’m tired of BFN so I’m waiting! I’m going to try wait as long as the Monday! (As if that’ll happen hahaa)
I’ll try to stay strong!! Haha

I can’t believe my mum... she means well but she’s just been on the phone and I was on about my bday meal I’ve organised with my family (parents, siblings and in-laws) and she said ‘I’ve thought, wouldn’t it be nice if you had something to tell us on your birthday?’ I was confused and didn’t know what she was referring to so I asked her what she meant and she said ‘that you tell us all at the same time that you’re pregnant because we will all be there together for you to tell us’... thanks mum! Talk about putting the pressure on!! I know she doesn’t mean to and she’s only trying to be nice but it rly doesn’t help...

I told her I really wish I had good news like that to share (whilst tears were welling up in my eyes) and I’ll tell her if/when we get pregnant... x

I can’t believe my mum... she means well but she’s just been on the phone and I was on about my bday meal I’ve organised with my family (parents, siblings and in-laws) and she said ‘I’ve thought, wouldn’t it be nice if you had something to tell us on your birthday?’ I was confused and didn’t know what she was referring to so I asked her what she meant and she said ‘that you tell us all at the same time that you’re pregnant because we will all be there together for you to tell us’... thanks mum! Talk about putting the pressure on!! I know she doesn’t mean to and she’s only trying to be nice but it rly doesn’t help...

I told her I really wish I had good news like that to share (whilst tears were welling up in my eyes) and I’ll tell her if/when we get pregnant... x
That's such a delicate situation...
Maybe she thinks you're pregnant and trying to hide it? Or someone told her you were pregnant and were waiting before telling everyone? Maybe you could ask her why she thinks you are?
So sorry hun, I don't think people sometimes realize what they say.
I don't think people know you're actually thinking about it almost 24/7 until they also ttc!
Stay strong SJF <3

As you're 35 your GP should be offering to run some tests for you, I think you should push for it rather than having to pay out yourself? x

The first time I went she said ‘have u tried timing it correctly’ and ‘have sex every other day’ then i pushed and she booked me in for blood tests and when i went back for feedback all i was told was ‘relax and try not to think about it’. It was like I was googling :roll:

I feel like the GPs just think i am wasting their time, I was asking about specifics with AF and she couldn’t answer me, I think I need to speak to professionals that do this day in day out x

Oh wow, nothing like adding pressure, Bless u, it is so hard x

It will happen one day xx

Im sorry hun xx Im sure she didn't mean to put any pressure on you! People sometimes forget how hard this journey can be, or sometimes they don't get it at all.

Sometimes they just don’t think before they speak, does she know about your losses? She is probably hopeful and if you haven’t ever been affected by it sometimes it wouldn’t even cross your mind to be sensitive to it.
My mum has put her foot in it a number of times since my mc, and can’t seem to keep her trap shut telling all her friends what happened. People that have absolutely no business knowing and commenting on my fertility.

Hiya do you mind putting me in for testing for the 28th of March that’s when af is due and we are having unprotected sex so I am still in the game. Ours is more like trying but trying like no tracking and having sex whenever we feel like it. Anyone in this situation where just seeing how it goes? We don’t want to go on full TTC after 2 miscarriages and all the stress of it.

I've been following your journey for nearly a year Alexis, good luck for your egg transfer, you so deserve a BFP :dust:
Aww thank you, I'm so nervous I can't sleep. I am so so so so worried that tmrw marks the end of my 1st ivf round or it could be the start of my dreams coming true. No difference x

Alexis, massive welcome to the testing thread, I have been following your story since i joined the forum last summer.
I really hope this is fairy tale ending you deserve the world <3
Us ladies here will help you get through them dreaded 10 days dont you worry. Wishing you all the luck xx
Thank you, it's been a long road here. I will need all your help for sure A x

Sometimes they just don’t think before they speak, does she know about your losses? She is probably hopeful and if you haven’t ever been affected by it sometimes it wouldn’t even cross your mind to be sensitive to it.
My mum has put her foot in it a number of times since my mc, and can’t seem to keep her trap shut telling all her friends what happened. People that have absolutely no business knowing and commenting on my fertility.

Yup my mum has told her friends I know this because she tell me stories that I know have been shared over cake and coffee like in an exchange. She tells me about friends daughters having trouble etc and I'm like why do you know this and why are you telling me. My mum can't keep anything to herself. I only told her as she kept asking me if I want a family over and over again

Hiya do you mind putting me in for testing for the 28th of March that’s when af is due and we are having unprotected sex so I am still in the game. Ours is more like trying but trying like no tracking and having sex whenever we feel like it. Anyone in this situation where just seeing how it goes? We don’t want to go on full TTC after 2 miscarriages and all the stress of it.
That’s pretty much me at the mo. We decided the testing and tracking was putting to much pressure on us. Plus I was a mess symptom spotting putting everything in the app. We are having sex whenever we feel like it so it’s probs around 3 times a week. Sometimes more sometimes less. I needed to change the plan as it was just too much. Deep down I don’t think I will catch again as my age worries me. Gp said wouldn’t refer me till trying for a year. 2 possibly. I’m 39. So that’s all out. (Even though should be 6 months) plus wouldn’t even qualify for ivf and can’t afford it so I think i’m trying to get my head round things. Went
Off on a tangent there having a few crappy days.

I have my usual cramp ..always get it two days before. Deffo af type cramp. Feel rubbish. Xx

That’s pretty much me at the mo. We decided the testing and tracking was putting to much pressure on us. Plus I was a mess symptom spotting putting everything in the app. We are having sex whenever we feel like it so it’s probs around 3 times a week. Sometimes more sometimes less. I needed to change the plan as it was just too much. Deep down I don’t think I will catch again as my age worries me. Gp said wouldn’t refer me till trying for a year. 2 possibly. I’m 39. So that’s all out. (Even though should be 6 months) plus wouldn’t even qualify for ivf and can’t afford it so I think i’m trying to get my head round things. Went

Oh I’m sorry that you’re having a rubbish time Lolly. I agree sometimes it’s just better to not track and go with the flow, I’ve caught twice out of the three times that way so clearly it’s not a bad method either.

GPs can be so heartless sometimes, you’re entitled to a second opinion if you want to. Also even if you can’t afford ivf, you can just get some basic tests done privately and then give the results to the GP, if they find an issue and you give evidence of it to the GP they can’t fob you off with waiting times.

I hope you feel better soon xx

I've been following your journey for nearly a year Alexis, good luck for your egg transfer, you so deserve a BFP :dust:

I think I remember you from 2016 @Alexis2017 ... we’re you in symptom spotters anonymous? Best of luck with the first round of IVF I am keeping everything crossed for you! X

I have my usual cramp ..always get it two days before. Deffo af type cramp. Feel rubbish. Xx
I am still holding out hope for you April :dust:
Your down to test for the 20th? When is AF due? not in 2 days surely? xx

Hiya
I am glad that someone else taking a relax approach. We also tried for 1.5 years got pregnant twice and miscarriages and I was also 39 when we started trying. Now 40.5 so yes no help from NHS unfortunately. I have been told that it may never happen even in the beginning. It was heart breaking but still haven’t given up hope. We stopped TTC for a while and now we don’t even talk about it or TTC properly as so scared of going through the heartaches. Lots of hugs to you x

I am still holding out hope for you April :dust:
Your down to test for the 20th? When is AF due? not in 2 days surely? xx

It’s actually due fri/sat but I will be away so unable to test until I’m back and pick one up which is the 20th. So annoying. Might try get one on our way if AF not here by sat xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back