Ladies doing IUI or IVF - 2016 (11 BFPs so far!)

Hi all
Just looking to join this thread. I’ll be starting my first (and only) round of NHS IVF on 22nd May. I have such mixed feelings right now, I just don’t know what to think.:-( I think it’s because so much is resting on this one round working. I don’t want to get my hopes up but I’m terrified of it not working. I guess I just want it over with either way.

Best of luck! Keep us all updated x

Hi all
Just looking to join this thread. I’ll be starting my first (and only) round of NHS IVF on 22nd May. I have such mixed feelings right now, I just don’t know what to think.:-( I think it’s because so much is resting on this one round working. I don’t want to get my hopes up but I’m terrified of it not working. I guess I just want it over with either way.

Hi @CKD500 you’re very welcome on this thread. Loads of us have been through it and will be able to help answer your questions, or just listen when you need a shoulder.

I wrote this thread which might help ...
https://pregnancyforum.momtastic.co...n-first-cycle-ivf-random-side-effects.519587/

Unfortunately I wasn’t lucky but there have been lots of girls who’ve had success and are now on the first / second/ third trimesters so try to think positive.

My advice is take one day at a time and be kind to yourself. Big hug x

Last edited:
Hi all
Good luck Hun it’s a great place for questions and everyone really friendly and supportive xx

Hi all
Good luck xxx

Thank you everyone. It’s nice to be able to vent here. I’ve had a good little (ok not so little) cry over it because I just keep thinking the chances of success or so low and it’s not going to work and my OH just tells me off because he says if I’m thinking like that then it’s not going to. I don’t think he gets that I do want it to work and whilst I would like to be optimistic I just want/need to brace myself for the worst.

And thank you Bambi for sharing your other post about symptoms to expect. They definitely didn’t mention those ones! Mainly just mood swings and hot flushes....like it’s run of the mill, nothing to worry about symptoms. And in the back of my head I’m like....yeh i bet these symptoms are hell :think:

2 and a half weeks still to go though! I think all the waiting will drive me batty in the mean time. Struggling to think of anything else. :doh:

Thank you everyone. It’s nice to be able to vent here. I’ve had a good little (ok not so little) cry over it because I just keep thinking the chances of success or so low and it’s not going to work and my OH just tells me off because he says if I’m thinking like that then it’s not going to. I don’t think he gets that I do want it to work and whilst I would like to be optimistic I just want/need to brace myself for the worst.

And thank you Bambi for sharing your other post about symptoms to expect. They definitely didn’t mention those ones! Mainly just mood swings and hot flushes....like it’s run of the mill, nothing to worry about symptoms. And in the back of my head I’m like....yeh i bet these symptoms are hell :think:

2 and a half weeks still to go though! I think all the waiting will drive me batty in the mean time. Struggling to think of anything else. :doh:

It’s totally normal to want a cry, the whole situation is completely overwhelming! Especially because you’ve been ttc for a while. Maybe try something to help you relax like yoga or meditation or walking/exercise or something xx

Crying is probably very good for you hun. Better to get it all out than bottle it up. I definitely felt scared before I started and honestly the 'during' part of IVF was much easier than I thought it would be. I think because you have a program of things to do, take the drugs, go to the appointment, wait for a call etc. GInger biscuits work wonders if you have a queasy day, I only had a couple of those and I was high doses of STIMS.

As for the positive mental attitude thats a day to day thing and once the anxiousness of starting fades you might feel more hopeful. I'm reading 'Zita West Guide to Get Pregnant' just now (wish I'd had it years ago) on the recommendation of my accupuncturist and there's a bit in there about hypnotherapy. I'd never have thought of that but if that's an option for you maybe worth investigating?

Here's the link to the book if you fancy it, I got a second hand copy for £2.50 + postage because I'm fed up spending a fortune on every remedy going! But the book is really interesting and theres stuff in it that I didn't find in all my endless google searches.

In other news.... my friend who is 43 and a half gave birth to a gorgeous healthy baby girl yesterday. She'd had 4 rounds of IVF none of which worked, then fell pregnant naturally. So two fingers up to all the doctors who write us off for age, or statistics or whatever fits their checklists. It can happen.
x
Zita West's Guide to Getting Pregnant: The Complete Programme from the Renowned Fertility Expert By Zita West | World of Books

Maybe try something to help you relax like yoga or meditation or walking/exercise or something xx
good idea! meditation can help you better handle negative feelings and emotions during your journey

I have been through 1 round as you k ow so happy to answer any questions.

I start my next t transfer on 14th. Prostap 14th and scan on 30th... Praying this 2nd attempt is the ticket!!

I have been through 1 round as you k ow so happy to answer any questions.

I start my next t transfer on 14th. Prostap 14th and scan on 30th... Praying this 2nd attempt is the ticket!!

Good luck Hun keeping everything crossed for you x

Good luck alexis!! I'm rooting for you!
Thanks tiger paws, so glad you have got your rainbow bump cooking away nicely!

I hope I can join the pregnancy section of this forum for longer than 3 days this time around!

Thanks to everyone for your advice...it all starts for me tomorrow! Eek...scared, excited....and a whole bunch of other emotions too!!

I’ve got a plan of how to keep myself occupied, thankfully (in a way) work is quite busy too so hopefully will keep the next month or so flying by. My boss is great so despite the busyness I can have as much flexibility as I need for appts. Just hoping my treatment is as “routine” as possible and there’s no stinking blocks along the way. God this is nerve wracking!

Thanks to everyone for your advice...it all starts for me tomorrow! Eek...scared, excited....and a whole bunch of other emotions too!!

I’ve got a plan of how to keep myself occupied, thankfully (in a way) work is quite busy too so hopefully will keep the next month or so flying by. My boss is great so despite the busyness I can have as much flexibility as I need for appts. Just hoping my treatment is as “routine” as possible and there’s no stinking blocks along the way. God this is nerve wracking!

All the best hunny xx

:dust: best of luck XX

Good luck keeping everything crossed for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back