Ladies doing IUI or IVF - 2016 (11 BFPs so far!)

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by phonixgirl, Jan 1, 2016.

1. SugaryIris

SugaryIris Well-Known Member

Best of luck! Keep us all updated x

2. Bambi42

Bambi42 Well-Known Member

Hi @CKD500 you’re very welcome on this thread. Loads of us have been through it and will be able to help answer your questions, or just listen when you need a shoulder.

I wrote this thread which might help ...
    https://pregnancyforum.momtastic.co...n-first-cycle-ivf-random-side-effects.519587/

Unfortunately I wasn’t lucky but there have been lots of girls who’ve had success and are now on the first / second/ third trimesters so try to think positive.

My advice is take one day at a time and be kind to yourself. Big hug x

#3342 Bambi42, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 3, 2019
  3. Outofsync

Outofsync Well-Known Member

Good luck Hun it’s a great place for questions and everyone really friendly and supportive xx

4. miamia

miamia Well-Known Member

Good luck xxx

5. CDK500

CDK500 Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. It’s nice to be able to vent here. I’ve had a good little (ok not so little) cry over it because I just keep thinking the chances of success or so low and it’s not going to work and my OH just tells me off because he says if I’m thinking like that then it’s not going to. I don’t think he gets that I do want it to work and whilst I would like to be optimistic I just want/need to brace myself for the worst.

And thank you Bambi for sharing your other post about symptoms to expect. They definitely didn’t mention those ones! Mainly just mood swings and hot flushes....like it’s run of the mill, nothing to worry about symptoms. And in the back of my head I’m like....yeh i bet these symptoms are hell :think:

2 and a half weeks still to go though! I think all the waiting will drive me batty in the mean time. Struggling to think of anything else. :doh:

6. SugaryIris

It’s totally normal to want a cry, the whole situation is completely overwhelming! Especially because you’ve been ttc for a while. Maybe try something to help you relax like yoga or meditation or walking/exercise or something xx

miamia likes this.
  7. Bambi42

Crying is probably very good for you hun. Better to get it all out than bottle it up. I definitely felt scared before I started and honestly the 'during' part of IVF was much easier than I thought it would be. I think because you have a program of things to do, take the drugs, go to the appointment, wait for a call etc. GInger biscuits work wonders if you have a queasy day, I only had a couple of those and I was high doses of STIMS.

As for the positive mental attitude thats a day to day thing and once the anxiousness of starting fades you might feel more hopeful. I'm reading 'Zita West Guide to Get Pregnant' just now (wish I'd had it years ago) on the recommendation of my accupuncturist and there's a bit in there about hypnotherapy. I'd never have thought of that but if that's an option for you maybe worth investigating?

Here's the link to the book if you fancy it, I got a second hand copy for £2.50 + postage because I'm fed up spending a fortune on every remedy going! But the book is really interesting and theres stuff in it that I didn't find in all my endless google searches.

In other news.... my friend who is 43 and a half gave birth to a gorgeous healthy baby girl yesterday. She'd had 4 rounds of IVF none of which worked, then fell pregnant naturally. So two fingers up to all the doctors who write us off for age, or statistics or whatever fits their checklists. It can happen.
    x
    Zita West's Guide to Getting Pregnant: The Complete Programme from the Renowned Fertility Expert By Zita West | World of Books

8. miamia

miamia Well-Known Member

good idea! meditation can help you better handle negative feelings and emotions during your journey

9. Alexis2017

Alexis2017 Well-Known Member

I have been through 1 round as you k ow so happy to answer any questions.

I start my next t transfer on 14th. Prostap 14th and scan on 30th... Praying this 2nd attempt is the ticket!!

Outofsync likes this.
  10. Outofsync

Good luck Hun keeping everything crossed for you x

11. Bambi42

Fingers and toes crossed for you @Alexis2017 xx

12. Alexis2017

Thanks, prostap tmrw morn. Can't believe it all starts tmrw... Scared and hopeful

tigerpaws likes this.
  13. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

14. CDK500

CDK500 Well-Known Member

Good luck Alexis. Hope this is it for you

15. tigerpaws

tigerpaws Well-Known Member

Good luck alexis!! I'm rooting for you!

16. Alexis2017

Thanks tiger paws, so glad you have got your rainbow bump cooking away nicely!

I hope I can join the pregnancy section of this forum for longer than 3 days this time around!

17. CDK500

CDK500 Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone for your advice...it all starts for me tomorrow! Eek...scared, excited....and a whole bunch of other emotions too!!

I’ve got a plan of how to keep myself occupied, thankfully (in a way) work is quite busy too so hopefully will keep the next month or so flying by. My boss is great so despite the busyness I can have as much flexibility as I need for appts. Just hoping my treatment is as “routine” as possible and there’s no stinking blocks along the way. God this is nerve wracking!

Outofsync likes this.
  18. Bambi42

All the best hunny xx

19. SugaryIris

:dust: best of luck XX

20. Outofsync

Good luck keeping everything crossed for you xx