Ladies doing IUI or IVF - 2016 (11 BFPs so far!)

Surprisingly ok actually. I’ve not had any real symptoms from the down reg, I got some nasty looking acne in weird places....like my arm and elbow and bum (!!!) but other than that I didn’t have side effects. I’m on day 7 of menopur now, again not really had any symptoms yet. Was concerned nothings happening but I had a scan today, some follicles are growing but they’re mostly size wise less than 10 (think she said they need to be 18-20?) have another scan on Friday and probably Monday too. Hopefully egg collection at the end of next week. The hospital are happy at the rate my follicles are growing considering I’m only on day 7 so I’m happy things are just ticking along. Just hope they grow a bit more by the next scan!

Down regulation caused me to have mega bad acne..... Then it settled down and then when I took my trigger shot it all flared up again. I was mega sore and bloated post egg collection and hurt so bad to pee.

These drugs have made my skin bad again but it feels like it starting to settle down. Got this appt today to discuss 1 vs 2 embryos.

I have 5 more sleeps till transfer day

Collection is this Wednesday now! Argh I’m excited. One more injection left and I’m done jabbing myself. Belly is covered in little red marks and bruises so glad that bit will be over. Trigger tonight and that’s it.

I can’t bloody concentrate at work now!

Down regulation caused me to have mega bad acne..... Then it settled down and then when I took my trigger shot it all flared up again. I was mega sore and bloated post egg collection and hurt so bad to pee.

These drugs have made my skin bad again but it feels like it starting to settle down. Got this appt today to discuss 1 vs 2 embryos.

I have 5 more sleeps till transfer day

Good luck Alexis! I really want this to be it for you. You deserve it. You have no way of knowing what can happen either way so you can’t make a wrong decision over the 1 or 2 embryos to transfer. It’s all just pot frigging luck in the end.

Good luck Alexis! I really want this to be it for you. You deserve it. You have no way of knowing what can happen either way so you can’t make a wrong decision over the 1 or 2 embryos to transfer. It’s all just pot frigging luck in the end.

We chose 2. Called the lab and told them today. Transfer tmrw... So excited and hoping so badly for this.

I remember the red marked belly well. It's amazing what you can do isn't it? I would go through it 10 times of that's what I knew it took but unfortunately I can't afford too. We are 3 rounds on NHS which this transfer uses up what I've got from round 1. I woukd save up for 1 private shot then that would be it. I'm a nurse and even found injecting myself very difficult. At some points I had to psych myself up to do it.

Good luck for Wednesday. You won't remember anything about the actual procedure. The only yucky bit is getting your venflon in the back of the hand which nips a bit.. Then you get a mask on your face and fall asleep and wake up and it's all done!! They tell you when you wake up how mmay eggs you got. It's all very exciting. I found it sore to pee for about 3 or 4 days so don't worry if you do too.

Good luck for tomorrow alexis! Keeping everything crossed for you and your two frosties! Xx

Day 1 post FET transfer yesterday. The transfer went very smoothly :cheer:

2 embryos on board (4abs).:bunny::bunny:

I really hope this is it. We have waited so long and been through so much. I am feeling so positive this time around. We came so close last time. Stick stick stick my 2 precious embryos :pompom:

All I can do is hope and remain positive for OTD.

Wonderful.. I'm so happy you got the 2 snuck in there lol

Will be crossing everything for you for the next few days... try and relax and little and be nice to yourself this week

J xx

I don’t know how I feel, upset really.
Egg collection seemed so good, we got 13. I was so happy I didn’t think we’d get that many. I went to bed last night thinking it would go so well, but I had the call today. Only 4 fertilised normally. Out of 13...is this why we can’t do it naturally? Are my eggs bad? They want to transfer tomorrow, that’s not good is it? I thought the good embryos hold off 5 days and they only put them back in day 2 if they don’t think they’re going to make it. I can’t help but think it’s over already

Egg collection seemed so good, we got 13. I was so happy I didn’t think we’d get that many. I went to bed last night thinking it would go so well, but I had the call today. Only 4 fertilised normally. Out of 13...is this why we can’t do it naturally? Are my eggs bad? They want to transfer tomorrow, that’s not good is it? I thought the good embryos hold off 5 days and they only put them back in day 2 if they don’t think they’re going to make it. I can’t help but think it’s over already

I know the exact feeling. After both rounds I had of ivf the poor numbers had me feeling like the ivf cycle was totally over before we even had a chance to get an embryo transferred.

It’s upsetting but remember still it does only take one and if all goes well one of those could be your take home baby.

Fingers crossed x

Last edited:
Had to have a quick look back on this thread but second cycle I had 12 eggs, 8 fertilised and only 2 of them made it to day 5 which was upsetting. And first cycle was 3 eggs only 1 fertilised and I had a day 3 transfer.

I wouldn’t say it’s a completely bad thing that they want to transfer early. I think most clinics like to make sure they have something to transfer so that there is still a chance of it working, sometimes an embryo can do much better being transferred instead of sitting in the lab.

I’ve seen girls on here lose all hope, lowest of the low quality and then a bfp on official test date! Some eggs just do better when they are transferred to you. Don’t lose hope, you’ll still have a chance, if there wasn’t a chance at all they wouldn’t do the transfer x

I’ve had the transfer now. Embryos aren’t good, 2 are grade c so they’ve transferred both. I’ve googled it and it seems like it’s not likely to implant. They’re going to keep an eye on my other embryos but not holding out hope they’ll be any good. They must be lower than a c.
I can’t believe my eggs are this bad, my diet is ok, I’ve given up drinking why is this happening to me
I just want this next 2 weeks over with, feel like ivf has just crushed me

I’ve had the transfer now. Embryos aren’t good, 2 are grade c so they’ve transferred both. I’ve googled it and it seems like it’s not likely to implant. They’re going to keep an eye on my other embryos but not holding out hope they’ll be any good. They must be lower than a c.
I can’t believe my eggs are this bad, my diet is ok, I’ve given up drinking why is this happening to me

Oh hun, I’m so sorry, don’t give up hope yet! You never know what could happen, I’ve heard of c grade transfers being successful when it’s only one!

:dust: all the dust in the world to you xx

I’m sorry, there is still hope even if it’s seems like there’s not

Everything crossed for you that it works out

xx

I was told due to my low amh that I'd be lucky to get any eggs or any good quality ones. We got 7 eggs, 6 fertilised and 3 made it to day 5 being top grade embryos.

The 1st time trying ivf is a trial and your lucky if it works as they don't know what drugs to give you so they guess using your amh which I've learned isn't accurate in this game. You don't need good grades for it to work. My friend had a day 3 transfer and it worked! Try stay positive. X

It's a long and a hard wait even when I had the best graded embryo you can get (5AA hatching blasto) I still misscarried. You just never know. I'm only day 3 post transfer and just trying to keep my hopes up0as I will be on round 2 if this doesn't work. I feel so emotional today and I don't know why!

IVF TWW is so so so looong and scary but I'm here with you x

Thank you everyone for your support. I’ve had my cry over the whole thing and I think I’m ok now. There’s nothing I can do about their grading, they’re in me now and hopefully one will stick. Got a couple of things keep myself occupied for the next couple of weeks. Just can’t wait for it to be all over. In hindsight I should have expected something bad to happen, my ivf was going too well. I’ll have to see if there’s something I can do to boost my egg quality, or maybe I’m just stuck with it,I don’t know. Just wait and see. It will be a long two weeks. I’ve been googling all day and found a few stories about women who had successful pregnancies with c grades so I won’t give up all hope just yet.

Thank you everyone for your support. I’ve had my cry over the whole thing and I think I’m ok now. There’s nothing I can do about their grading, they’re in me now and hopefully one will stick. Got a couple of things keep myself occupied for the next couple of weeks. Just can’t wait for it to be all over. In hindsight I should have expected something bad to happen, my ivf was going too well. I’ll have to see if there’s something I can do to boost my egg quality, or maybe I’m just stuck with it,I don’t know. Just wait and see. It will be a long two weeks. I’ve been googling all day and found a few stories about women who had successful pregnancies with c grades so I won’t give up all hope just yet.
I don’t know a massive amount about IVF....but embryos are embryos.
I wonder what all the naturally conceived embryos would be graded at? I bet plenty of C’s make it when you look at it like that. Sending :dust: your way x

I have no idea it this helped me but when I knew I had low amh I researched what I could do to improve egg quality and found that Dhea and ubiquinol was what a lot of ppl tried. A girl on my ivf clinic fb group said her 1st round was very like yours so she tried this for 3 months and she got amazing embryos and got her bfp. So I took both for 3 months before my ivf round and I am so sure it helped me but no one can know.

As everyone has said the grading doesn't always matter. My doctor said the higher grades are statistically better at implantation but the lower grade ones can also implant which happens for some ppl too. Sorry to repeat myself but I had a top grade and it didn't stick so it doesn't matter either way. Just believe in your wee embryos and only time will tell. I really hope you are successful!!

I hope this is it for you too Alexis, it’s so unfair. Would love these little embryos to stick and give you twins. You really bloody deserve it. I have a good feeling for you. I’m only going to be a few days after your testing date now, mines on 5th July. If AF hasn’t shown by then I know I’ll be bricking it. Booked the day off work and the following Monday to give myself time in case it’s a negative. I’ll need the grieving space. I need to keep busy I’m thinking about this all too much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back