Ladies doing IUI or IVF - 2016 (11 BFPs so far!)

I have no idea it this helped me but when I knew I had low amh I researched what I could do to improve egg quality and found that Dhea and ubiquinol was what a lot of ppl tried.
I have no personal experiences with poor egg quality, but one friend of mine did mesotherapy treatment to ovaries before IVF, and got pregnant. x

I hope this is it for you too Alexis, it’s so unfair. Would love these little embryos to stick and give you twins. You really bloody deserve it. I have a good feeling for you. I’m only going to be a few days after your testing date now, mines on 5th July. If AF hasn’t shown by then I know I’ll be bricking it. Booked the day off work and the following Monday to give myself time in case it’s a negative. I’ll need the grieving space. I need to keep busy I’m thinking about this all too much!

It's awful, I am having to test 1 day early as I could only get 1st and 2nd July off work and no way could I test on 2nd then go to work next day. I just hope this is our time. I just get frustrated when we have everything top grade and in the perfect condition for a positive outcome and it's still just a 55% chance with 2 embryos!

About eggs and stuff, our first ivf was shit, 2/13 fertilized, transfer day 2 and that was the only one that had developed. So next ivf they did icsi, and all mature eggs were fertilized, out of 22 we had 6 frozen on day 5, two of them resulted in pregnancies where 1 was a mmc and the other is kicking and twirling around inside me these days! Still 4 left in the freezer.
We're having a little girl, and we are so excited! No way we would have became pregnant without help!

It's awful, I am having to test 1 day early as I could only get 1st and 2nd July off work and no way could I test on 2nd then go to work next day. I just hope this is our time. I just get frustrated when we have everything top grade and in the perfect condition for a positive outcome and it's still just a 55% chance with 2 embryos!

Wow....I don’t even want to think about my chances if yours is 55%. Really hope at least one sticks for you. This whole thing is so frustrating, I wouldn’t have even bothered with IVF if I knew my eggs were crap. OH wants to think about paying privately for one round but I just can’t think about parting with that kind of money for such little odds of success. Especially if I can’t improve my egg quality.

Ok negativity over. I’m going back to clinging to blind hope.

Wow....I don’t even want to think about my chances if yours is 55%. Really hope at least one sticks for you. This whole thing is so frustrating, I wouldn’t have even bothered with IVF if I knew my eggs were crap. OH wants to think about paying privately for one round but I just can’t think about parting with that kind of money for such little odds of success. Especially if I can’t improve my egg quality.

I wouldn’t say it means your eggs are crap. It may have just been the wrong medication for you.

Comparing my 2 ivf cycles I always felt like cycle 1 was more of a ‘test’ run, I guess they both were as they had no way of knowing how I would respond to the medications.

First cycle I didn’t respond that well to menopur, quality as well as quantity was very very poor. Second cycle was better, I had different medications and obviously responded better than the first to end up with a 5 day transfer. I also think for the second cycle I had started taking coq10 which can help with egg quality.

Had you been taking any vitamins/supplements that could improve egg quality?

I too suffer with poor egg quality. No issue getting eggs out of me, no issue with fertilisation but when it comes to embryos development they suck. Severely fragmented and poor quality. I’ve had 2 x embryos transfers twice now with very poor grade embryos. So I really know how you feel.... I’ve been having acupuncture and takin daily spoonfuls of flaxseed oil now ahead of my 3rd and final try in Sept.

@Alexis2017 i took both pregnancy tests for my ivf in the loo at work!! Retail for you ! Lucky my girls were super supportive and had my back. Actually it was nice being surrounded by them before having to tell hubby. Fingers crossed for good news ... xx

The 1st round of IVF can be a test run. I know several ppl who got poor quality eggs on round 1 and went on on round 2 to h ave great embryos as the changed the drugs and dosage.... I swear if you need to go for round 2 it would end with better results. I was just lucky that my protocol worked. I was on really high drugs.
The percentage of success is down to your age, your embryos and your clinics own stats. My clinic has the highest success rates in Scotland with 1 in 3 resulting in a live birth. I think the average stats are around 20% chance if your over 35 etc etc. My last round I was told around 70% chance rate so not sure why it's dropped so much but I am clinging to hope too it's all we can do.

If this doesn't work for me I need to go to round 2 and start all again and not guaranteed any embryos as I'm on high protocol already so not sure I can get any stronger drugs.

I really think this is my best shot at this now... 2 wee top grade embryos from FET which is meant to be higher stats of working than fresh now. FET means your body is more balanced as hasn't been through Stimming and egg retrieval.

Alexis so glad you have them on board now! Keeping everything crossed for sticky little beans! X

I wouldn’t say it means your eggs are crap. It may have just been the wrong medication for you.

Comparing my 2 ivf cycles I always felt like cycle 1 was more of a ‘test’ run, I guess they both were as they had no way of knowing how I would respond to the medications.

First cycle I didn’t respond that well to menopur, quality as well as quantity was very very poor. Second cycle was better, I had different medications and obviously responded better than the first to end up with a 5 day transfer. I also think for the second cycle I had started taking coq10 which can help with egg quality.

Had you been taking any vitamins/supplements that could improve egg quality?

I had only taken folic acid and vitamin D, since FA was the only thing I was advised to take I didn’t bother with anything else. I didn’t think my egg quality would end up being the issue but if this doesn’t work out for me I’ll definitely start taking all the things everyone has suggested. I’m hoping it is the ivf drugs, I don’t think I can bare hearing that my eggs are giving up already! I knew there was a problem with my tubes, endometriosis left them damaged and thicker so it’s already harder for me to conceive. Adding egg problems to the list will make it seem impossible

Hope you’re doing ok Millie, I feel bad moaning here sometimes knowing full well other people have been at this longer than me. I hope you get your bfp soon

I too suffer with poor egg quality. No issue getting eggs out of me, no issue with fertilisation but when it comes to embryos development they suck. Severely fragmented and poor quality. I’ve had 2 x embryos transfers twice now with very poor grade embryos. So I really know how you feel.... I’ve been having acupuncture and takin daily spoonfuls of flaxseed oil now ahead of my 3rd and final try in Sept.

@Alexis2017 i took both pregnancy tests for my ivf in the loo at work!! Retail for you ! Lucky my girls were super supportive and had my back. Actually it was nice being surrounded by them before having to tell hubby. Fingers crossed for good news ... xx

I’m sorry your ivf didn’t work out for you Jezby. I remember the embryologist saying ours were fragmented too.

Out of the 4 embryos I had they put the best in me (i use the word best loosely there!) and kept an eye on the other 2 lower quality ones. I found out yesterday those lower ones were unsuitable for freezing - which didn’t surprise me, had to expect it! But they did continue to develop which they said is a good sign that the 2 in me might still be developing too. It made me feel a little better anyway

The 1st round of IVF can be a test run. I know several ppl who got poor quality eggs on round 1 and went on on round 2 to h ave great embryos as the changed the drugs and dosage.... I swear if you need to go for round 2 it would end with better results. I was just lucky that my protocol worked. I was on really high drugs.
The percentage of success is down to your age, your embryos and your clinics own stats. My clinic has the highest success rates in Scotland with 1 in 3 resulting in a live birth. I think the average stats are around 20% chance if your over 35 etc etc. My last round I was told around 70% chance rate so not sure why it's dropped so much but I am clinging to hope too it's all we can do.

If this doesn't work for me I need to go to round 2 and start all again and not guaranteed any embryos as I'm on high protocol already so not sure I can get any stronger drugs.

I really think this is my best shot at this now... 2 wee top grade embryos from FET which is meant to be higher stats of working than fresh now. FET means your body is more balanced as hasn't been through Stimming and egg retrieval.

Thanks Alexis, hope your little embryos are doing well. I really hope you don’t have to do more ivf. I’m coming round to the idea of giving it one more go if needed, will need to have a long talk with OH about it once we find out our results.

I had only taken folic acid and vitamin D, since FA was the only thing I was advised to take I didn’t bother with anything else. I didn’t think my egg quality would end up being the issue but if this doesn’t work out for me I’ll definitely start taking all the things everyone has suggested. I’m hoping it is the ivf drugs, I don’t think I can bare hearing that my eggs are giving up already! I knew there was a problem with my tubes, endometriosis left them damaged and thicker so it’s already harder for me to conceive. Adding egg problems to the list will make it seem impossible

Hope you’re doing ok Millie, I feel bad moaning here sometimes knowing full well other people have been at this longer than me. I hope you get your bfp soon

Yes it could just have been the ivf drugs. I hadn’t thought to have even bothered taking anything for egg quality until after the 1st failed round but I did just in case it would help get a better result.

That is good news that the other 2 did continue to develop for a bit longer and I really hope you don’t need to even think about another round x

I wouldn’t feel bad having a moan, it’s when people have tried 2 or 3 months and they’re moaning about ‘still’ not being pregnant that bothers me lol.

Thank you x
I got a bfn on a frer yesterday at 11/12dpo so I’m out this cycle and just waiting for AF. 1 more cycle and it would’ve been 2 years since we first ever got pregnant. Sucks that we’re still trying and we once thought that one bfp was it for us.

Oh hun, don’t torment yourself about bad egg quality, it’s out of your control. I’m only 26, I have an AMH of 26 so on paper my eggs should be good but because of my irregular cycles caused by my PCOS I’ve been told my eggs are aged and therefore not a good quality.

Some of us girls just got a bum deal in this area but I’m positive we will all get there in the end and it will be so worth it xx

:dust: a little dust to help with your tww.

@SugaryIris I’m sorry to hear about your egg quality. You’re so young, it really isn’t fair

@xMillie I’m sorry you got a bfn, I stopped testing last summer because i couldn’t take seeing a negative

It was cute yesterday evening hubby was saying how he couldn’t believe we still have over a week to go, and it’s such a long time to wait and wishes he could just know now. Nothing like how I’ve been feeling every tww since we started trying! Haha I know he’s going to be devastated at a bfn. I feel bad that the infertility is all on my end, like I’m stopping him from having the family he wants. Oh well....1 week and 1 day to go.

@SugaryIris I’m sorry to hear about your egg quality. You’re so young, it really isn’t fair

@xMillie I’m sorry you got a bfn, I stopped testing last summer because i couldn’t take seeing a negative

It was cute yesterday evening hubby was saying how he couldn’t believe we still have over a week to go, and it’s such a long time to wait and wishes he could just know now. Nothing like how I’ve been feeling every tww since we started trying! Haha I know he’s going to be devastated at a bfn. I feel bad that the infertility is all on my end, like I’m stopping him from having the family he wants. Oh well....1 week and 1 day to go.

It’s okay, I’m pretty used to bfn sadly. I never really tested early before, plus AF usually shows up before I can even think about needing too. This cycle I started using progesterone cream and wasn’t sure if it would delay AF so I tested early to make sure I could stop using it. That and I’ve always kind of wondered if maybe we did sometimes get pregnant but I could never keep a pregnancy. The only time we did get a bfp I did lose it early and was pink spotting for a while before I started bleeding red.

Aww I really hope you get a bfp, how are you feeling?

Bless you, thanks hun.

My sister had a follow up after her ivf and she had a similar experience to you lots of eggs but then only one just about made it to day 5 with none to freeze. They said it wasn’t her egg quality and that they were fine but an issue with fertilisation that they will sort with different medication next time. Xx

Thanks Sugary, gives me hope. Hubby is keen to pay for a private round so maybe next time will go better.

Thanks Millie, I’m actually feeling ok. Just been getting on with work, thankfully it’s not busy so there’s no stress. No symptoms either, but I’m really trying to prepare mentally for the worst

Day 11 post FET

:bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp::bfp:

I'm very scared after our early loss last time but hoping both embryos are here to stay

IMG_20190629_044532.jpg

What a lovely post to wake up to. Congratulations!!! You deserve this so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back