***June Mummies 2016 Tri 2***

Hi all!
I'm a newbie to the forum, due on 7th June. Really excited to be joining you, hope everyone's pregnancies are going well.

Sorry havent really been very interactive with this thread! Hope everyone is doing well, so jealous a lot of you have had your gender scans already. We have booked a private gender scan for 27th, cant wait!

Last edited:
I had my 16 week MW appointment and she doesn't need to see me again until 28 weeks! Seems such a long time away. I'm meant to get a consultant appointment at some point though so maybe that's why. Presume I get a letter like the scan?

More and more sure I am starting to feel some movement :) Didn't get anything until 20-21 weeks last time but I did have an anterior placenta.

Hi ladies mw said it could be because I have IBS. I think she said this as she couldn't find anything wrong which is great. They scanned me so saw our little girl again but she was camera shy and kept moving. Iv had so many scans now im worried iv had to many! Going to try not to think to much about it as after my scan at 21 weeks I will not have more. I dont like the 3d ones they look ugly and I think I can use that money on more important stuff. Xx

Welcome to OMG and Cherry:)

Maud, my booking-in mw told me to book a mw appt at 25weeks even though its my 2nd child (she didnt see the point of only offering it to first timers). I phoned doc's today to book it and no one asked any questions. So if you feel you need to see someone I would just book it;-)

Great news, blueclass, glad all is well:)
Xx

She did say I can book to see her before then if I need anything, but she doesn't need to see me again until then.

Ooh, I'm really in two minds about what to buy for baby to sleep in.
I've got a moses basket that is going to be kept downstairs, but what about for the bedroom?

I had originally planned to just have a normal cot/cot bed at the end of our bed, which will be moved into the nursery when she's a bit older (I really like a swinging crib, but have been warned off them as baby will get too used to being rocked too sleep?).

I really like the idea of a bedside crib, however these are obviously much more expensive and won't last too long once she's growing.
I could use another moses basket next to the bed? But again that won't last too long (they're so cheap that doesn't really matter).

I'd really like to be that close, but is there any benefit to baby rather than just being in a cot? I also don't have too much space next to the bed lol

Iv also brought a cot bed which I was going to put her in but still deciding on Wether to get a crib. I like the chicco next to me one. She will stay in this till maybe 6 month but they are alot so then I think y not just use the cot bed. People said if you have baby next to you it helps them regulate their breathing x

We have a swinging crib. It was really useful last time as we could sit on the end of the bed and rock her. We stopped using the swing before she moved to her cotbed.

Ooh, I'm really in two minds about what to buy for baby to sleep in.
I've got a moses basket that is going to be kept downstairs, but what about for the bedroom?

I had originally planned to just have a normal cot/cot bed at the end of our bed, which will be moved into the nursery when she's a bit older (I really like a swinging crib, but have been warned off them as baby will get too used to being rocked too sleep?).

I really like the idea of a bedside crib, however these are obviously much more expensive and won't last too long once she's growing.
I could use another moses basket next to the bed? But again that won't last too long (they're so cheap that doesn't really matter).

I'd really like to be that close, but is there any benefit to baby rather than just being in a cot? I also don't have too much space next to the bed lol

Graco Petite Bassinet Travel Cot - Benny and Bell https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A7O68S2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_ZPHJwbHRM2KRC

We had/still have this. It was brill. He went in at 4wks as he was too long for moses basket, would of lasted till he was atleast 10ms to a year but we moved him to his nursey in his cotbed at 3ms.

Just incase ur looking for something bigger than a moses, but not as bulky as a cotbed yet

Having baby close is a must in the early weeks as they just want your comfort. They have been next to you for 9m so still want contact. We had to Co sleep at times just for any of us to get any sleep.

I bought the troll bedside crib as I got it on eBay for a bargain and I know it will be next to my bed for longer than 6m probably. For those nights when baby is unwell as we still have Harry or James in our bed occasionally for this reason.

Harry only lasted 7wks in his moses basket whereas James was 14wks so got more use out of it second time around. I would definitely look into a 2nd hand crib rather than a moses basket for your room xx

Got a cot from partner's sister and a Moses basket off a work colleague, so feeling like progress is being made slowly. Still in pain today - had a huge migraine too yesterday that didn't help. Struggled through the day job but had to cancel my evening work. Just wish I could go off sick for a day or so!

Hey everyone…. I’m over 19 weeks now and I feel huge!! Anyone else feeling like this?? xx

Is there any danger at all with a bedside crib? All the pictures I see online look like there's a gap between bed and crib that baby could get trapped in. I know that's probably rubbish though lol

Can I use a normal smaller cot with a drop side and have that next to the bed?

So today I have a buzzing vagina which is interesting.

Last edited:
Kitty this is my bedside cot next to my bed, not in the correct position at the moment but it will up against the wall as well as the bed so no change of it moving or baby getting trapped. I think you can get drop sided cots that will go up against your bed, but you would have to look into the height the cot goes and your mattress height. We were limited in our choice as our mattress is 63cm from the floor.

Yorkslass I feel your pain, I'm in constant pain with my hips and back and legs and it's driving me mad. Also headachey, lethargic and generally blah today. Hope you feel better soon.

Lovely bump sjenkins, I am 20 weeks today but not taken a pic yet. Have got my 19wks one though xx

7c29f61b64cad4e27af647ef06a3b62d.jpg
09a2da827bd8bade48dfb912e5256400.jpg

Lovely bumps ladies:)
Good luck with your scan tomo kanga. xx

Thank you Babymaker, I'm so nervous for it as heard so much bad news recently. Will be glad to find out all is OK with him. It's at 11 am so at least I won't be waiting all day xx

My Doppler arrived this morning I've already used it haha!! So amazing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back