***July 2019 Mummies***

Hey, hope your all well. Noticed some of you dont see mw until further on, wonder of its different because im in the north and theyve made me an appointment at 16 weeks just to check how im getting on.
Private gender scan booked at 16 weeks, 12 days to go ahhh x
I see my community midwife at 16 but I haven’t made the appointment yet. My gender scan is Saturday. I will be 15+4 but the clinic said they can do it from 14.

So some big decisions have been made recently.
1. I'm quitting my job. There's a number of things going on, and I'm at the point where I just want out now. My money is going down and I've got nowhere to progress now.
2. We're 90% certain we'll be relocating to live with my parents for a bit. Low living costs and my mum is more than happy to have the baby there if we haven't moved out by then.

It all hinges on my OH getting a job he's interviewing for here soon. Big pay increase if he gets it.

I feel guilty as part of me is hoping it falls through as I'm just ready to go home under the safety of mum's roof (even if she drives me insane!). I truly feel it'll be a fresh start for us that'll be best for the baby as well. I keep saying to the OH that what we want is no longer the deciding factor: what is best for the baby is. I want to give him the chance to make it work here though where his friends and family are.

Hope everyone is doing well. Happy I'm now over 14 weeks, but paranoid as symptoms have vanished! (I know that's normal though).

You have to do what is best for you and your baby, and obviously staying in your job wasnt that. Now you have plenty of time to plan and prepare and rest for your little ones arrival. Sounds perfect.
I hope everything works out regarding your husbands job - whichever option is best.
There is nothing like having your mum around to help and support you when you have a baby. I turned to my mum a lot with my son and their advice is invaluable. X

Im so jealous of everyones private gender scans! I think we've decided to find out. Midwife just called and booked in for this friday and scan at the pre term birth clinic this afternoon!

I've got my mw appointment on 6/2/19. I'm 16wks tomorrow but thought we would be away so made it for the week after. Then 20 wk scan on 1/3/19. Nasuea seems to finally (touch wood) be coming under control as I only feel sick by tea time now so huge improvement.
DH is looking at cars today as we need a bigger one. I've been reasearching prams and cots etc online. Asda have some really good deals on cots and cot beds but Im almost too scared to order. Firstly I'm not sure what we want and secondly I just almost can't bring myself to start getting anything until the next scan is done. That sonographer really did shit me up but they didn't want to see me again so I have to assume all is OK.
Then I keep thinking about a private scan to reassure myself, there is a good clinic near here I've had recommended by friends but I'm nervous to even do that.

Am I being mental?

I've got my mw appointment on 6/2/19. I'm 16wks tomorrow but thought we would be away so made it for the week after. Then 20 wk scan on 1/3/19. Nasuea seems to finally (touch wood) be coming under control as I only feel sick by tea time now so huge improvement.
DH is looking at cars today as we need a bigger one. I've been reasearching prams and cots etc online. Asda have some really good deals on cots and cot beds but Im almost too scared to order. Firstly I'm not sure what we want and secondly I just almost can't bring myself to start getting anything until the next scan is done. That sonographer really did shit me up but they didn't want to see me again so I have to assume all is OK.
Then I keep thinking about a private scan to reassure myself, there is a good clinic near here I've had recommended by friends but I'm nervous to even do that.

Am I being mental?

No, it's completely normal to be worrying! I've looked at a lot of stuff online too and thought about what I'd like to get, but I'm the same as you, not buying anything until after the next scan at 20 weeks. I probably won't even start buying things until after like 30 weeks if I'm being honest, think it'll make the wait even longer until baby comes if I've already got stuff in the house waiting for their arrival!

I've thought about a private scan few times too, but I think I'm just waiting it out to 20 weeks. Don't have my date yet, but should be in around 4 weeks I hope. Anyway, completely normal to be worrying, just don't worry too much!

Am I being mental?

Its totally normal. And although the sonographer was an idiot they didnt feel the need to rescan or follow up. So thats all really positive!
If a private scan puts your mind at rest then it will be invaluable. It might be good to see them bouncing around!

I just had my app at the pre term birth clinic and my cervix is 44mm lovely and long so really happy with that.

They then did an external ultrasound so I got to see the babies which was amazing! Bouncing around all over the place! They then asked me if I wanted to knkw what I was having. Massive shock!
My husband is away with work and not home until tomorrow evening. So I asked them to write it down.
I now have an envelope on my kitchen side woth my babies genders in!
Its torture!!!!

I'm finding out the gender this week as well, provided baby lets us take a look of course! I'll only be 15 weeks but managed to find a clinic doing gender scans that early. Most clinics in my area refuse to tell you before 16 wks. I also asked them if they could write it down so we can all find out together (and so I don't get too emotional in front of them! lol). Can't wait! Only 2 more days!! :D

I'm also meant to have a midwife appointment at 16 wks, though haven't made it yet either as I'll be out of the country until 18 weeks. I suppose I should give them a ring to see if they still want to do the 16 wks appt, albeit two weeks later...

I'm finding out the gender this week as well, provided baby lets us take a look of course! I'll only be 15 weeks but managed to find a clinic doing gender scans that early. Most clinics in my area refuse to tell you before 16 wks. I also asked them if they could write it down so we can all find out together (and so I don't get too emotional in front of them! lol). Can't wait! Only 2 more days!! :D

I'm also meant to have a midwife appointment at 16 wks, though haven't made it yet either as I'll be out of the country until 18 weeks. I suppose I should give them a ring to see if they still want to do the 16 wks appt, albeit two weeks later...
We are doing a similar thing. We are going for a family meal on Sunday for a birthday and will be revealing there. We’re going to buy a reveal box where balloons are coloured inside of it. We will be 15+4.

We are doing a similar thing. We are going for a family meal on Sunday for a birthday and will be revealing there. We’re going to buy a reveal box where balloons are coloured inside of it. We will be 15+4.

That sounds like such a great idea! Have you found a place that will put the relevant balloons in the box for you, so you can find out at the same time as everyone else or will you know beforehand and fill the box yourself?

Sorting out my anomaly scan has been a nightmare because I'm moving. I had to ring so many different numbers to eventually get everything sorted out. Got me kinda upset that everything isn't straight forward! Also handed in my notice at work today.

I need to destress. Think I'm going to be a lazy blob the rest of the day. I don't want to be so chronically stressed I hurt little squidge!

My brother did an interesting reveal. Kicked a fake rugby ball with confetti inside it to reveal gender at a party. I know I'll be really boring and just say what it is.

That sounds like such a great idea! Have you found a place that will put the relevant balloons in the box for you, so you can find out at the same time as everyone else or will you know beforehand and fill the box yourself?
Yes, the scan place we go are registered Sonographers but don’t have the best extras. Another scan place has fab extras but aren’t registered. I emailed them and asked if I could bring my envelope and get the extras from them and they said yes.

Scan is Saturday and on Sunday we will be out for lunch so will do it then.

You can get amazing reveal things but this weather is shit for it. Hubby wanted tyres that you can do a burn out I. And it gives off certain smoke :lol:

I need a vote ladies.

I bought some gender balloons today - black balloons that say boy or girl? And you fill them with pink or blue confetti. I gave the paper to my friend for her to fill them. (We want my son to pop them and me, my hubby and son find out together)

She came out the room and said that next to twin one it says " ? (Gender) wait until 20 week scan to confirm"

So they have written what they thibk they saw but arent 100%!!! They said at the time they had their legs crossed but they saw.

So do we go agead and pop them and keep twin 1 as a potential. Or wait until 20 week scan and be double sure and then pop them. Its killing me!!!

I need a vote ladies.

I bought some gender balloons today - black balloons that say boy or girl? And you fill them with pink or blue confetti. I gave the paper to my friend for her to fill them. (We want my son to pop them and me, my hubby and son find out together)

She came out the room and said that next to twin one it says " ? (Gender) wait until 20 week scan to confirm"

So they have written what they thibk they saw but arent 100%!!! They said at the time they had their legs crossed but they saw.

So do we go agead and pop them and keep twin 1 as a potential. Or wait until 20 week scan and be double sure and then pop them. Its killing me!!!

How long until you're 20 weeks?? If it's not long to go, I think I would wait to be honest as there's a big possibility they could be wrong! Even at 20 weeks they are sometimes wrong. But then again, you have the gender for twin 2 written down already and must be dying to know! It's a tough one, but I think if you're doing a gender reveal, I would wait until they are more sure? I would have expected them to at least tell you at the scan that they weren't completely sure of the gender yet, even if they weren't telling you what it was!

How long until you're 20 weeks?? If it's not long to go, I think I would wait to be honest as there's a big possibility they could be wrong! Even at 20 weeks they are sometimes wrong. But then again, you have the gender for twin 2 written down already and must be dying to know! It's a tough one, but I think if you're doing a gender reveal, I would wait until they are more sure? I would have expected them to at least tell you at the scan that they weren't completely sure of the gender yet, even if they weren't telling you what it was!

Im 17+1 but my 20 weeks scan isnt until im 20+5 on 25th feb which seems like a lifetime away!

I had 3 drs in the room and the consultant took over the scanning and said ahh theyve got rheir legs crossed you will have to wait until 20 weeks.
But then moved the baby and said "ahh thats whats I'v got at home" and wrote it down. I had no idea they had written they werent sure.

I would have preferred if they hadnt written anything at all!

The gender reveal is just for my husband and sons sake mainly. We would do it together and then only tell people once confirmed. But do we want to know a possibility.

I think I saw a willy on twin 1! And my gut is saying they saw a lack of willy on twin 2 but didnt get the clearest shot. The envelope is just sat on my kitchen side taunting me! X

Im 17+1 but my 20 weeks scan isnt until im 20+5 on 25th feb which seems like a lifetime away!

I had 3 drs in the room and the consultant took over the scanning and said ahh theyve got rheir legs crossed you will have to wait until 20 weeks.
But then moved the baby and said "ahh thats whats I'v got at home" and wrote it down. I had no idea they had written they werent sure.

I would have preferred if they hadnt written anything at all!

The gender reveal is just for my husband and sons sake mainly. We would do it together and then only tell people once confirmed. But do we want to know a possibility.

I think I saw a willy on twin 1! And my gut is saying they saw a lack of willy on twin 2 but didnt get the clearest shot. The envelope is just sat on my kitchen side taunting me! X

Well since it's just for you, husband, and son, then maybe go ahead and do it but keep in mind that it might change? I thought you were doing a gender reveal with other family or friends etc!

If I had the gender written down in an envelope I wouldn't be able to help myself from opening it!
I can't wait to find out the gender! We aren't planning on doing a gender reveal or anything, but looking forward to finding out at 20 week scan, which I'm hoping will be around end of Feb!

Last edited:
I buckled!
We are keeping the information to ourselves until 20 week scan BUT twin 1 is definitely a boy. And they think twin 2 is a girl!!!!!!!!

Over the moon!!!!

I buckled!
We are keeping the information to ourselves until 20 week scan BUT twin 1 is definitely a boy. And they think twin 2 is a girl!!!!!!!!

Over the moon!!!!

Sorry if that was my comment about not being able to help myself that made you look in the end haha! That's so exciting though!! Lovely to get one of each! Hopefully 20 week scan just confirms it!

Sorry if that was my comment about not being able to help myself that made you look in the end haha! That's so exciting though!! Lovely to get one of each! Hopefully 20 week scan just confirms it!

Oh no not at all. I was hoping someone would say look! Make me feel justified about what I wanted.
Absolutely on cloud 9, but also would be if 2 boys. So either way chuffed to bits!
Maybe I can sneakily ask them to confirm at my next cervix scan in 13 days!!!

Oh no not at all. I was hoping someone would say look! Make me feel justified about what I wanted.
Absolutely on cloud 9, but also would be if 2 boys. So either way chuffed to bits!
Maybe I can sneakily ask them to confirm at my next cervix scan in 13 days!!!
It's definitely worth a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back