***July 2019 Mummies***

Thread hopping here !
Misscindy, we have the similar “issue” with names here. As it needs to be same in English and in french.
We struggle with boys! So feel free to share me what you thought of (we don’t know the gender yet as I’ll only be 12 weeks tomorrow)

Bit here are the girls names we love :
emmeline - Margaux - Amelia - I also liked Constance but my OH who’s English doesn’t like it.

Gabriel is my favourite boy and girl name at the moment too!

If baby had been a boy his name would have been Logan. It's pronounced a bit differently in French and English (lo gun vs lo gann) but nothing too dramatic. I like the fact the name is known in both countries and is easy to spell as, to complicate matters, our surname is italian and always has to be spelt! So defo don't want our child to always have to spell their first name as well. On my list I also had Luca or Louis. For girls I also like Emmeline, Amelia, Gabrielle / Gabriella and many others but I don't think I've thought of a name I like enough yet, if that makes sense. My problem is that I often really like an English name that doesn't work in France at all (like Isla for instance) or vice versa (I love Océane but it would be so butchered in England it's just not possible).

MissCindy i am opposite i have girls names picked out but really struggling with boys so i'm hoping midwife was right and they are girls :)

Haha yes, let's hope for girlies then! Finding one name can be hard enough, I can't imagine having to find two! lol

If baby had been a boy his name would have been Logan. It's pronounced a bit differently in French and English (lo gun vs lo gann) but nothing too dramatic. I like the fact the name is known in both countries and is easy to spell as, to complicate matters, our surname is italian and always has to be spelt! So defo don't want our child to always have to spell their first name as well. On my list I also had Luca or Louis. For girls I also like Emmeline, Amelia, Gabrielle / Gabriella and many others but I don't think I've thought of a name I like enough yet, if that makes sense. My problem is that I often really like an English name that doesn't work in France at all (like Isla for instance) or vice versa (I love Océane but it would be so butchered in England it's just not possible).
Isla would still work I think. I mean it’s essy to pronounce.
It just depends if you’re worried people word read it badly (if you live in France for ex)
I have an American friend who’s mum and family is French and he’s called his little girl Aïla. Sounds the same and makes the spelling interesting. And everybody can pronounce it !

Has anyone else had severe pains in stomach after eating? I don't know what it was last night, but after dinner I felt more bloated than usual and after a while it felt like someone was cutting up my insides. I didn't even eat that much to be honest. Eventually I couldn't stand the pain that I forced myself to throw up... felt a bit of relief after that thankfully. The only different thing I had last night was some pickled betroot which I really enjoyed, but maybe it was the vinegar that did it? I'm scared to eat now in case it happens again, it really was very sever pain.

How exciting that we are seeing gender reveals on here!
Its makes you feel a bit closer got the little beans doesn't it. I have a feeling twin 2 is going to surprise us by being a little boy at our next scan. Just a feeling!

I've just done 2x13 hour shifts in a row and wow I thought I'd be fine but I am shattered and feel hungover.

I'm very jealous of all of you with a 'little' bump. I was tint with my son but by the evening sporting a very impressive bump this time round. I'll post a picture later as words don't do it justice.

Mamawannabe I get discomfort after a large evening meal, but nothing unbearable. Could it be ligaments stretching? Is it gastro or uterine pain?

Anyone that's been pregnant before do you remember 'lightening crotch' in the 3rd tri?! I had flashbacks to this.
Anyone pregnant the first time you have this to look forward to! Haha

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the second tri! Xx

How exciting that we are seeing gender reveals on here!
Its makes you feel a bit closer got the little beans doesn't it. I have a feeling twin 2 is going to surprise us by being a little boy at our next scan. Just a feeling!

I've just done 2x13 hour shifts in a row and wow I thought I'd be fine but I am shattered and feel hungover.

I'm very jealous of all of you with a 'little' bump. I was tint with my son but by the evening sporting a very impressive bump this time round. I'll post a picture later as words don't do it justice.

Mamawannabe I get discomfort after a large evening meal, but nothing unbearable. Could it be ligaments stretching? Is it gastro or uterine pain?

Anyone that's been pregnant before do you remember 'lightening crotch' in the 3rd tri?! I had flashbacks to this.
Anyone pregnant the first time you have this to look forward to! Haha

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the second tri! Xx

Wow two 13 hour shifts in a row sounds tough! Hope you have some time off to relax!

I don't think it was stretching pain as it was quite high up, definitely felt like gastro type pain rather than uterus stretching. And the fact that vomiting relieved the pain means it's related to whatever I ate I guess? I'm usually bloated most evenings, but this was different... very painful, but I'm completely fine today (so far).

This is my first pregnancy, but I have heard of lightening crotch from others, can't wait haha!

Anyone starting to feel any movement yet? I'm keeping an eye out for any flutters or anything even though I likely won't feel for a good few weeks yet as I've an anterior placenta. Really looking forward to feeling movement though!

Has anyone else had severe pains in stomach after eating? I don't know what it was last night, but after dinner I felt more bloated than usual and after a while it felt like someone was cutting up my insides. I didn't even eat that much to be honest. Eventually I couldn't stand the pain that I forced myself to throw up... felt a bit of relief after that thankfully. The only different thing I had last night was some pickled betroot which I really enjoyed, but maybe it was the vinegar that did it? I'm scared to eat now in case it happens again, it really was very sever pain.
I get an awful lot of wind and it feels severe. Very early on I had a bit during the night & it was horrific. I considered going to A&E before I realised what it was!

I would say if you think it was vinegar next time try a tiny bit and see how you go.

Vinegar may cause heart burn which you could have been feeling lower down in the oesophagus rather than higher up. Did yiu try gaviscon?

Just opened my blood screening results - low risk for all tested. :) that’s a relief

I didn't have any gaviscon on hand, but will be getting some in case it happens again! I don't think it was heart burn though, was too low down and to the sides of my stomach for it to be heartburn? I don't know. Definitely thinking to try a little vinegar again and see how I get on. I ate much more for dinner last night than I did the night I had the pain, and I was completely fine, just the normal bloating!

That's great news Sugarpop! Must be lovely and a relief to get the results! :)

So after discovering a rash on my back last night I have been told I’ve got shingles!

Oh no! I had shingles when my mum was sick and I was really run down. It knocked me absolutely sideways so you must be feeling pretty rough. Hope you take some decent time off work to recover. I remember sleeping so much each day for a couple of weeks. Can they give you anti virals to stop the rash spreading? Hope you are able to take it easy xxx

We had our 16 wk yesterday, actually 17wks now. Midwife was happy. We heard both heartbeats all ticking away which was amazing. I didn't know she would check. One was 145 and the other 155. We don't know which was which but suspect the bigger twin was faster as you could hear bashing against the doppler with kicking!

Still no consultant appointment but weirdly they have me booked in for two slots on my scan day back to back so mw wonders if it is then they will see me. Guess we will find out.

Defo got me a bump now too, it's like it sprung from nowhere.lol

Hows everyone feeling?

Oh no! I had shingles when my mum was sick and I was really run down. It knocked me absolutely sideways so you must be feeling pretty rough. Hope you take some decent time off work to recover. I remember sleeping so much each day for a couple of weeks. Can they give you anti virals to stop the rash spreading? Hope you are able to take it easy xxx

We had our 16 wk yesterday, actually 17wks now. Midwife was happy. We heard both heartbeats all ticking away which was amazing. I didn't know she would check. One was 145 and the other 155. We don't know which was which but suspect the bigger twin was faster as you could hear bashing against the doppler with kicking!

Still no consultant appointment but weirdly they have me booked in for two slots on my scan day back to back so mw wonders if it is then they will see me. Guess we will find out.

Defo got me a bump now too, it's like it sprung from nowhere.lol

Hows everyone feeling?
Thays good to hear about both little ones being fine :) i have the same back to back app on my 20 week ,one for scan and after with consultant so i think that must be normal .
Is there big difference between your twins?

I have big bump too . Getting hard to hide in college where no one knows .

My bump is definitely showing now, keep getting comments in work on how lovely it looks (I just feel fat haha) and yesterday for the first time, someone I hadn't seen for ages actually asked me if I was pregnant! So I don't look like I've just put on a bit of weight or eaten too much for lunch that day, no doubt about it that it's a baby bump now!

Thays good to hear about both little ones being fine :) i have the same back to back app on my 20 week ,one for scan and after with consultant so i think that must be normal .
Is there big difference between your twins?
We don't know atm, waiting til the 20wk scan

Hey girls i wanted to ask about babies movements. Up until yesterday i definitely felt them moving ,changing positions if that makes sense , every day at night when i changed the position i lye on they shifted a little bit ,and throught the day i could feel sometimes my tummy getting streched . But since yesterday morning i haven't felt anything . I am 17+4 now ,phoned my midwife today and she said not to worry as it is too early and it is normal. Any of yous had this ? Xxx i'm just hoping they found comfortable position finally and are all well .

Hey girls i wanted to ask about babies movements. Up until yesterday i definitely felt them moving ,changing positions if that makes sense , every day at night when i changed the position i lye on they shifted a little bit ,and throught the day i could feel sometimes my tummy getting streched . But since yesterday morning i haven't felt anything . I am 17+4 now ,phoned my midwife today and she said not to worry as it is too early and it is normal. Any of yous had this ? Xxx i'm just hoping they found comfortable position finally and are all well .

I think it's normal to not feel movement everyday until around 24 weeks. Midwife won't even tell you to come in and get checked until then, so 17 weeks is still early. Don't worry about it, from what I've heard, you could go days without feeling them again at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back