** January 2020 Mummies **

Pain has gone today ladies dont know what that was yesterday but never felt anything like it before haha. Got another growth scan tomorrow. Cant believe were nearly there now not long. Xx

I've been having these menstrual type cramps for the past 20 minutes, they don't seem to really stop so am not sure whether these are Braxton Hicks or not. They vary in intensity but don't go away.. not sure how I'm supposed to time them. I remember with my first that there were small breaks of about 5 minutes in between them but not now. Any one ever had these?

Long time lurker (although that sounds rather dodgy..) but not had the guts to join and reply - just joined up as thought I could help about the cramps - I had these at about 35/36 weeks when I went in for a ctg because of movement, lasted about 20-30 minutes in waves but pretty much continuous. They were happy they were just Braxton Hicks (whoever said these were painless...!!). Since then I get them pretty much every other night a couple of times a night for about the same amount of time, some nights are worse than others and I’ve had a couple during the day but no baby as of yet! Definitely feel they’ve ramped up as I’m getting closer (39+2 today).

I’ve really enjoyed following all of your journeys so far and this thread has really helped me - this is my first and I seem to worry about pretty much everything. I have already realised I will be that parent who googles something at least 5 times a day :)

The sofa is my best friend these days. To be fair though, I'm so fed up now.
I might have a google for other tips as I'm sure I can't hack another 2 weeks of this ( if baby doesn't come earlier I'm being induced on the 14th my due date anyway)

I've been having cramps for the past few days, with the odd one that literally takes my breath away.
Got my midwife tomorrow and will talk to her about the back pain and also ask if she can check if cervix has maybe opened to do a sweep and kick start this whole thing now... no harm in asking.

Baby has been lazy this weekend and wasn't as active as usual, so again, will have a talk with my midwife and see what she says. If I remember right, both boys were like that just before I went into labour, so again, probably reading too much into it but being hopeful.

Thanks @Darielle and welcome! The cramps lasted almost all night, which kept on waking me up. Hope next night will be better. We did walk around all day yesterday so I think I might have done a bit too much.

@vampysgirl I would ask for a sweep if she is willing! You're already over 38 weeks so the baby is ready now anyways! Good luck tomorrow!x

So, got 2 sweeps booked for next week. One on tuesday and one on thursday if nothing happens before.
Baby is still head down engaged, which is good. Induction if nothing happens is booked in too for the 14th. Will have to go up to hospital a couple of days before for a scan and meet the team, again all if I shouldn't start naturally.
However, my midwife said, she doesn't see me going all that way but you never know. She also said, I could kick start induction, if I turn up at hospital a few times within the next couple of weeks saying I had reduced movement... I wait and see now for a couple of days how it goes. Hopeful it will all happen naturally as I've always ended up being induced haha
In one way I am super happy now that I have a definite eviction day and the pain will be gone soon but on the other hand I also feel a little sad, knowing this crazy journey of pregnancy will be over within the next 2 weeks...

How is everyone else getting on?

Hope you’re feeling better today Kitana and the cramps have settled down during the day :angel:

I’ve had the weirdest episodes of insomnia the last two nights - I’m used to bad sleep because of pgp for the last couple of months but that’s actually subsided now, now I’m totally awake for no reason at all which is more frustrating! I do a lot of sleeping on the sofa too - we have a recliner which means I’m partially upright but more comfy.

I’ve had one stretch so far (couldn’t do a sweep as my body wasn’t quite ready). Got another sweep booked in for Thursday and then think they are planning induction for the week after (midwife mentioned they don’t like people going over 41 weeks here, however they do seem to keep changing their minds..). Really hoping baby arrives before induction but what will be will be.

I think I may be one of the earlier ones here - due 3rd of January with a little boy :)

Hope you’re feeling better today Kitana and the cramps have settled down during the day :angel:

I’ve had the weirdest episodes of insomnia the last two nights - I’m used to bad sleep because of pgp for the last couple of months but that’s actually subsided now, now I’m totally awake for no reason at all which is more frustrating! I do a lot of sleeping on the sofa too - we have a recliner which means I’m partially upright but more comfy.

I’ve had one stretch so far (couldn’t do a sweep as my body wasn’t quite ready). Got another sweep booked in for Thursday and then think they are planning induction for the week after (midwife mentioned they don’t like people going over 41 weeks here, however they do seem to keep changing their minds..). Really hoping baby arrives before induction but what will be will be.

I think I may be one of the earlier ones here - due 3rd of January with a little boy :)

That's not long at all anymore.
Fingers crossed you don't need an induction.
Here they keep changing their mind too. For a while they were totally against induction before 41 weeks, now apparently they do them from 38 weeks on.
Where are you from @Darielle

Newcastle, although not a geordie as moved up here a few years ago to be with my husband :)

Despite the lack of sleep the last couple of days I’ve been full of energy to do things, I think I’m enjoying the novelty of the pgp having settled and walking (well, waddling lets be honest..) without quite so much pain!

Newcastle, although not a geordie as moved up here a few years ago to be with my husband :)

Despite the lack of sleep the last couple of days I’ve been full of energy to do things, I think I’m enjoying the novelty of the pgp having settled and walking (well, waddling lets be honest..) without quite so much pain!

Haha I like to think I'm a little weeble now and just wobble around everywhere. I gave up to try and walk normal, it doesn't work with the head down there now Haha

Also, love the Xmas top from the photo @vampysgirl ! I was torn between that one and the reindeer one at jojo and ended up with reindeer one (not sure I got any photos actually :doh:).

Also, love the Xmas top from the photo @vampysgirl ! I was torn between that one and the reindeer one at jojo and ended up with reindeer one (not sure I got any photos actually :doh:).

When I saw it online, I knew I had to get it. At least I wasn't too upset that literally non of my nice clothes fitted this Christmas haha
Don't think I've seen the reindeer one though. Bet ita just as cute

Just like to wish everyone a happy new year and all the best for 2020.
Can you believe after midnight we can officially say, we're having our babies this month.
It's come around do quick.

Happy 2020! I'm really happy that we made it to 2020, no premies in this group!
Ok well, technically, someone could still give birth tonight!lol

I'm happy 2019 is behind us, was a horrible year for my family and me. Wishing you all the love, money and happiness in 2020!xx

Happy new year girls we’ve all made it to January mummies!!!! I’m so uncomfortable at the moment can literally hardly walk had midwife appointment yesterday and she is fully engaged which is causing the pressure in my back and low down every time I stand up feels like she is going to fall out pressure is so bad been trying to go for walk but literally seize up and can’t do anything for the rest of the day! It’s a full blown waddle and limp situation end in sight see consultant on the 7th which is 39+6 and they want to deliver as close to 40 weeks as possible so told me to bring my hospital bags in and stop fragrim injections the night before so literally only 7 days to go! Feels better saying it in days then counting down the weeks!!!! Xx

Happy new year girls we’ve all made it to January mummies!!!! I’m so uncomfortable at the moment can literally hardly walk had midwife appointment yesterday and she is fully engaged which is causing the pressure in my back and low down every time I stand up feels like she is going to fall out pressure is so bad been trying to go for walk but literally seize up and can’t do anything for the rest of the day! It’s a full blown waddle and limp situation end in sight see consultant on the 7th which is 39+6 and they want to deliver as close to 40 weeks as possible so told me to bring my hospital bags in and stop fragrim injections the night before so literally only 7 days to go! Feels better saying it in days then counting down the weeks!!!! Xx
Wow, that sounds quite intense with the walking! I also feel some pressure down low, sometimes it's ok and sometimes it really feels like a heavy weight as if the baby is going to fall thru!

Also, amazing to have just 7 days to go! Are you happy that the end is in sight now?

I'm mostly couch-bound these days. Amazing that I could still do prenatal yoga 10 days ago and now my bump is so huge and heavy that the walking from couch to toilet every 30min is all the excercise I can manage. OH has off from work until Jan 6th and he's a really good home chef so he's been cooking every single meal for us, spoiling me with delicious food and we stay home and watch a lot of movies. Nice to have this time together but on the other hand I feel that his yummy cooking has contributed to some significant weight gain which is only making me less mobile and so easier to put on more weight...it's a vicious cycle! I'm also a bit worried about how I will manage when he goes back to work next week, I'll have to leave the couch and make myself food :doh:

Hey ladies. Been quiet as just been so busy leading up to Christmas.
Had a fetal medicine appointment as baby was measuring small at 32 week scan. She’s fallen below the 10th centile but has gained along that line from 32-34 weeks. They have booked me in for induction on 13th Jan will be around 37 weeks then. Got a scan on the 6th jan to check growth if she has dropped then I’ll be induced that week possibly. They are thinking my placenta is struggling and that’s why there was dip in growth. Monitoring movements and if any worries I have to go straight in. I’m not worrying to much and just taking it easy now and waiting to see what happens x
Hi Lollypop - sorry thread hopping!!

At what point did the hospital suspect babies growth was slow? I had a 28 week growth scan yesterday and baby is plotting on 10th centile, weight is approx 2.3lb (from what I can see online the norm is 2.5lb?) but on the fundal chart I’m measuring 4 weeks behind. They’ve booked me back in for another growth scan in 2 weeks to check progress but they didn’t really give me much more info?

Is this similar to your situation? So glad to hear your little one has caught up!

xx

Hi Lollypop - sorry thread hopping!!

At what point did the hospital suspect babies growth was slow? I had a 28 week growth scan yesterday and baby is plotting on 10th centile, weight is approx 2.3lb (from what I can see online the norm is 2.5lb?) but on the fundal chart I’m measuring 4 weeks behind. They’ve booked me back in for another growth scan in 2 weeks to check progress but they didn’t really give me much more info?

Is this similar to your situation? So glad to hear your little one has caught up!

xx

I was in the opposite end of the spectrum - although it was bump measurements putting me above 90th percentile. When I eventually had growth scan I was back right above the 50th. However during that time I spoke to quite a few people who said that even the growth scans can be hugely inaccurate, one person from my nct group was induced early as they thought baby was too big and it came out at 7lb 8oz which is hardly huge! (Although I may change my mind on that later this month.. :)). I think they just like to be cautious - babies often have growth spurts at different times later on so can fluctuate quite a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back