** January 2020 Mummies **

I was in the opposite end of the spectrum - although it was bump measurements putting me above 90th percentile. When I eventually had growth scan I was back right above the 50th. However during that time I spoke to quite a few people who said that even the growth scans can be hugely inaccurate, one person from my nct group was induced early as they thought baby was too big and it came out at 7lb 8oz which is hardly huge! (Although I may change my mind on that later this month.. :)). I think they just like to be cautious - babies often have growth spurts at different times later on so can fluctuate quite a lot.
Thanks for this Darielle. Really appreciate your comment. I find it so nerve wracking. As you say baby could have a little growth spurt over the next week or so. And I think there’s something be said for hospitals being cautious.
Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly x

@SesameSeed, the measuring is not very accurate, certainly near the end. A friend of mine had a scan yesterday and was measuring 2,8kg and gave birth today and the baby was actually 3,2kg!
So enjoy those extra scans since they make you worry for nothing!x

@SesameSeed, the measuring is not very accurate, certainly near the end. A friend of mine had a scan yesterday and was measuring 2,8kg and gave birth today and the baby was actually 3,2kg!
So enjoy those extra scans since they make you worry for nothing!x
Oh my that’s a difference!
Hearing from you ladies is certainly helping the nerves. Yesterday I was in complete panic mode!

thank you Kitana

@Outofsync Yay only 7 days to go!! I also get the pressure down there. Mostly when I go from a sitting position to a standing one. Not long anymore!

@DeniceF what a lucky lady you are! My OH will have to step up when the baby is here, so I will cook until the end! As I have to watch my sugar intake, I haven't gained a lot at all. But as soon as the baby is born I expect chocolate pralines and pizza! I have been dreaming of a real italian pizza for 4 months now! Lol

I'm 38 weeks and 4 days now, I really would like this baby to come out now! My bump is quite big, my hips sore, the pressure unreal and the cramps give me hope but false hope since nothing seems to be moving!
The OH and I dtd yesterday and today and I hope that it might help the cervix to ripen!
My next appointment is on the 6th with the gynaecologist but am thinking of cancelling it and going to my midwife and ask for a sweep instead! I will be 39w+2d so I don't think she will object! I have no induction date since they allow women to go 2 weeks over their due date before planning anything. I'm hoping it won't come to that as I've heard induction is very intense!

Wishing you all get your babies without medical intervention!x

Wow, that sounds quite intense with the walking! I also feel some pressure down low, sometimes it's ok and sometimes it really feels like a heavy weight as if the baby is going to fall thru!

Also, amazing to have just 7 days to go! Are you happy that the end is in sight now?

I'm mostly couch-bound these days. Amazing that I could still do prenatal yoga 10 days ago and now my bump is so huge and heavy that the walking from couch to toilet every 30min is all the excercise I can manage. OH has off from work until Jan 6th and he's a really good home chef so he's been cooking every single meal for us, spoiling me with delicious food and we stay home and watch a lot of movies. Nice to have this time together but on the other hand I feel that his yummy cooking has contributed to some significant weight gain which is only making me less mobile and so easier to put on more weight...it's a vicious cycle! I'm also a bit worried about how I will manage when he goes back to work next week, I'll have to leave the couch and make myself food :doh:
Defo ready for it can’t wait now the end defo feels in sight xx

Hearing from you ladies is certainly helping the nerves. Yesterday I was in complete panic mode!

thank you Kitana

thank you Kitana
We were having growth chart/scans every two weeks as small for age all through pregnancy basically said you won’t go past 37 weeks, then she had a growth spurt and caught up and they have left us to go to term they really aren’t that accurate and wait til the end to actually make any decisions sometimes I think they like to tell you every scenario and end up panicking you xx

We were having growth chart/scans every two weeks as small for age all through pregnancy basically said you won’t go past 37 weeks, then she had a growth spurt and caught up and they have left us to go to term they really aren’t that accurate and wait til the end to actually make any decisions sometimes I think they like to tell you every scenario and end up panicking you xx
Glad all is well now and you didn’t need to have an early birth.

did you have to do or take anything to help growth? I’ve been on 150mg of aspirin per day since 12 week x

Hi Lollypop - sorry thread hopping!!

At what point did the hospital suspect babies growth was slow? I had a 28 week growth scan yesterday and baby is plotting on 10th centile, weight is approx 2.3lb (from what I can see online the norm is 2.5lb?) but on the fundal chart I’m measuring 4 weeks behind. They’ve booked me back in for another growth scan in 2 weeks to check progress but they didn’t really give me much more info?

Is this similar to your situation? So glad to hear your little one has caught up!

xx
Hey. So I had my first growth scan at 28 weeks. My next one was at 32 weeks which showed a drop to below the 10th centile. I was scanned again at 34 weeks by fetal medicine. They showed the baby is now following the new line between 5th and 10th centile. She hasn’t caught up. She’s dropped and continued on that line so should be heavier than what she is.
I wouldn’t worry about the fundal chart. It’s not very accurate for measuring. The scan is more accurate (not 100%) you’ll see if there is an issue at the next scan to see if the baby is following the line on 10th centile. Not much they could tell you until next scan. 1 scan doesn’t help you need 2 scans to see how baby is growing.
I was scheduled for growth scans due to previous pregnancy and there wasn’t really anything thought of until the scan at 32 weeks. Which showed the drop.
Your measurements sound right for the gestation. You’ll know more at next scan. Good luck xx

Hey. So I had my first growth scan at 28 weeks. My next one was at 32 weeks which showed a drop to below the 10th centile. I was scanned again at 34 weeks by fetal medicine. They showed the baby is now following the new line between 5th and 10th centile. She hasn’t caught up. She’s dropped and continued on that line so should be heavier than what she is.
I wouldn’t worry about the fundal chart. It’s not very accurate for measuring. The scan is more accurate (not 100%) you’ll see if there is an issue at the next scan to see if the baby is following the line on 10th centile. Not much they could tell you until next scan. 1 scan doesn’t help you need 2 scans to see how baby is growing.
I was scheduled for growth scans due to previous pregnancy and there wasn’t really anything thought of until the scan at 32 weeks. Which showed the drop.
Your measurements sound right for the gestation. You’ll know more at next scan. Good luck xx
Thank you lollypop. Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Your comments make sense. Thanks again and all the best for the remainder of your pregnancy xx

Glad all is well now and you didn’t need to have an early birth.

did you have to do or take anything to help growth? I’ve been on 150mg of aspirin per day since 12 week x
I’ve been on 75g of aspirin since week 12, and fragrim injections since 28 weeks mines due to been higher risk as ivf pregnancy and I’m 38 and bmi was 29.4 I started on 51st centile at 28 weeks, then dropped to 41st at 31 weeks then dropped to 23rd at 34 weeks theses was based on growth scans had weekly Doppler scans to check fluid levels and was 24th centile at 37 weeks and just been left to it til final scan at 39+6 on Tuesday xx

Thank you lollypop. Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Your comments make sense. Thanks again and all the best for the remainder of your pregnancy xx
Aw thanks. I’m fully expecting to have a big baby as you can see from everyone’s comments the scan are just estimates. She might pop out a 10lb baby lol. Try not to worry about your scan. I just see it all as an extra chance to see her. Xx

The OH and I are going to leave our DD with my parents and have a date night, might be the last one before the baby comes. We booked a restaurant and a movie but I booked a 4DX movie and totally forgot it's discouraged for pregnant women. It was expensive for a stupid movie and don't know whether I should go or not. At the same time I don't want to buy extra tickets for the same movie without the moving chairs... ugh don't know what to do?!

Is it worth calling the cinema and explaining to see if they can switch your tickets? I’ve found people to be overly helpful in the last couple of months :good:

Second failed sweep :roll: head is firmly engaged but not pressing down hard enough, little guy doesn’t seem to want to be evicted! Got an induction date for the 10th so I guess he’ll probably be here by the 11th/12th at the latest :shock:

Is it worth calling the cinema and explaining to see if they can switch your tickets? I’ve found people to be overly helpful in the last couple of months :good:
We're going to try it out, if I get nauseous or any kind of pain, we will leave. But was driving around earlier and was thinking that the road was bumpy and didn't feel anything uncomfortable. The chairs don't move around like in a theme park. I'm scared to get nauseous because of the 3D glasses but will see how it goes, will keep a plastic bag nearby just in case lol
Second failed sweep :roll: head is firmly engaged but not pressing down hard enough, little guy doesn’t seem to want to be evicted! Got an induction date for the 10th so I guess he’ll probably be here by the 11th/12th at the latest :shock:
Aww too bad the sweep didn't work, when did you have the last one?x

My midwife wants to see me tomorrow since her colleague forgot to book me a new appointment and haven't seen anyone in 2 weeks. Am wondering if she will check if I'm dilated already. Exciting now!

Good luck ladies!x

A week and a half ago and I had the same issue then, I think since I finished work I’ve got more relaxed and so has he!

My midwife did point out “the next time I see you will be at home with your baby” (as She’s a community midwife and I’ll be at the hospital). :shock:

I imagine the advice about avoiding in pregnancy is it could potentially trigger labour and they don’t want women to go into labour early - whereas if you’re at the point you want to go into labour it might be handy! :lol:

Went to the 4dx cinema and even if the movements were sometimes rough, I did enjoy it! Star Wars felt like a ride instead of a movie!
But no contractions, no waters breaking, no birth... will have to watch another one to get this baby moving! Lolx

I take my words back! I have had so many contractions this night that I surely thought it would be it! But they stopped early morning... I forgot how painful they could get lol

Had my appointment with the midwife and am only 1cm dilated. The cervix is still hard and high, and she said it should be soft like your pursed lips. She guessed still a week to go. Was a bit dissapointed because of all the contractions. I even had them during the examination. She told me to take it wasy from now on but I'm in full nesting mode... ugh...

Had my appointment with the midwife and am only 1cm dilated. The cervix is still hard and high, and she said it should be soft like your pursed lips. She guessed still a week to go. Was a bit dissapointed because of all the contractions. I even had them during the examination. She told me to take it wasy from now on but I'm in full nesting mode... ugh...
Wow! Do you think they were labor contractions or Braxton Hicks? One week is still a guesstimate from the midwife, maybe things will go faster! And even if they don't, a week is not that long!

I had a little moment today when I started to feel some mild pain and it was coming and going and I thought "oh...maybe I should start timing this" and then it turned out to be just an upset stomach :| oh well, the wait continues! I had a call with a friend and she is working very hard and reminded me to enjoy these last few days of easy rest at home before the baby arrives so that gave me some perspective and cheered me up. I love reading books so starting a new book now and going to enjoy that "me" time that will soon be a luxury...

Do you ladies have time to rest and take a bit of a break these days or still busy with family and responsibilities?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back