** January 2020 Mummies **

I know how frustrating that is! My midwife said mine was soft but still too long, baby’s head wasn’t pushing on it enough, and I should do more bouncing on my gym ball. I keep getting the painful Braxton Hicks at night and think “this is it...!” And then they stop after 30 minutes or so. :doh:Been having some today as well but no pattern to them at all. I keep going out for meals with my husband and saying “this might be our last meal alone!” Bit of a running joke now :rotfl:

@DeniceF My midwife called them "practice contractions" but she probably meant Braxton Hicks. They are horrible today, had loads of them throughout the morning and afternoon. I hope they will settle down a bit this evening so I can at least get some sleep. A week isn't that long anymore but am hoping it will happen sooner!
Sadly I barely have any me time anymore, with a little toddler running around, even going to the loo alone is a challenge!lol
What book are you reading?x

@Darielle As long as the baby is not ready to come out and , you can try everything you want but there is no way of knowing if it really will help! I hope it does go quickly for you!x

@Kitana very true, although it hasn’t stopped me from trying :D been going for walks every day too, although that’s mostly because I get really annoying restless legs at night if I don’t since I stopped work.

I am in absolute awe at those of you that already have kids, I’ve had a relatively easy pregnancy (no morning sickness, just nausea and food aversions) until my hip started playing up, and my oh really had to help out as I couldn’t do any of the washing up (god I miss having a dishwasher!). No idea how I would have done it with kids as well!

Ladies what is this sorry if its abit gross but I am worried now it's not like my normal discharge any advice on what it is I had tummy ache and felt sick I went for a wee then felt something heavy fall and I wiped and that was there. X

Screenshot_20200103-192122_Gallery.jpg

@Zara96 It could be your mucus plug like Darielle said!
That's great! Hopefully labour will start soon!:cheer:

@Zara96 looks like it could be part of the mucas plug?
Yes I think it could be I asked my sister who's not long had children and said she thinks it is my mucus plug. I will let you know if anything happens xx

@Zara96 It could be your mucus plug like Darielle said!
That's great! Hopefully labour will start soon!:cheer:
I hope labour will start soon haha and I think it's my mucus plug as I have looked it up and spoke to my older sister. I will keep you updated xXx

That's exciting news @Zara96! You might even get the first January baby of the thread!x

@Zara96 good luck. Definitely looks like the mucus plug. Fingers crossed not long for you now

I've started colostrum harvesting tonight, as planning to breastfeed once bubba is here. Took some getting used to but managed to get nearly 1ml. Anyone else doing it or planning to?

@Zara96 wow, that definitely sounds like the mucus plug, exciting!

I had some painful Braxton Hicks as well last night but then the pain went away pretty quickly.. and then I got up today morning and had a bloody show! I'm so excited! Went for a walk with OH and our doggies and then later I plan to do some more circles on the birthing ball since no contractions or anything else yet.

@Darielle - I read about this yesterday, doing circles with your hips on the ball for 20min helps with getting baby's head to press against the cervix. Here's the link: https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/techniques/other-techniques/birth-balls/

Also I completely agree - pregnant and taking care of your kids, whole other ballgame and I'm totally impressed with anyone that can manage both!

@Kitana - I love Agatha Christie so started "While the Light Lasts".

@vampysgirl - I got the haakaa silicone pump to help with harvesting at the end of feeds but will only start once baby is here, if I have enough...

@DeniceF ooooh another one who could start soon. So exciting :cheer:

I've got braxton hicks since weeks which are getting more painful each day but sadly nothing too serious yet.
Babys kicks are getting more sore now too and last night I had really bad fanny daggers. Everything feels so swollen and heavy down there now.

My midwife gave me a set with syringes to start harvesting, I can also take one into hospital with me, which they will look after till baby is there, in case I can't feed straight away.
I breastfed my first one without problems but sadly couldn't my second, which ended up giving me really bad pnd, so I'm hopeful to avoid that this time and give my baby a good start.

Fingers crossed we might have our first baby news in here this weekend. Good luck ladies :hugs:

Oh wow @DeniceF, your baby might be here soon! So jealous!

You might be taking care of a toddler and get pregnant in a few years as well! It's hard but they are so much fun! I can't wait for my DD to meet her baby sister!

Is there an advantage to harvesting colustrum now? I have never done it before and remember that it came in pretty quickly after birth.x

@DeniceF thanks for this! I’ve been doing hip circles for my pgp as recommended by physio but now I’ve got another reason to keep doing it! I only got my gym ball about 6 weeks ago and it is the best thing ever.

Baby is now officially late, or as my midwife said “boys are often lazy” :) . I felt like he had moved down on Thursday evening but he seems to have crawled back up again :rotfl: Far too comfortable and relaxed!

I still get the Braxton Hicks at night and keep getting excited, never thought I’d be getting excited about being in pain. :doh:

@Kitana I'm just doing it to a) possibly start off labour as the motion can trigger the uterus to contract and b) in case I'm unlucky like with my last son, I won't produce milk. So at least i have the * good stuff* ready.

While typing your message came in @Zara96
Huge congratulations. She's bloody adorable. Hope all went well and fast for you <3<3

@Zara96 Congratulations!!! So diddy!

My little one was looking at 7lb 4oz on growth scan and that was about two weeks ago :shock: Hoping that isn’t accurate..!

Hope everything went well and that you’re home with the little one soon :angel:

Congratulations @Zara96 shes gorgeous how exciting that we are all nearly there!! No signs here think she is defo going to have to be induced next week! Xx

@Zara96 good luck. Definitely looks like the mucus plug. Fingers crossed not long for you now

I've started colostrum harvesting tonight, as planning to breastfeed once bubba is here. Took some getting used to but managed to get nearly 1ml. Anyone else doing it or planning to?
I’ve been trying to harvest since 37 weeks but nothing so far! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back