** January 2020 Mummies **

Hey ladies. Been quiet as just been so busy leading up to Christmas.
Had a fetal medicine appointment as baby was measuring small at 32 week scan. She’s fallen below the 10th centile but has gained along that line from 32-34 weeks. They have booked me in for induction on 13th Jan will be around 37 weeks then. Got a scan on the 6th jan to check growth if she has dropped then I’ll be induced that week possibly. They are thinking my placenta is struggling and that’s why there was dip in growth. Monitoring movements and if any worries I have to go straight in. I’m not worrying to much and just taking it easy now and waiting to see what happens x

Wow, sounds like you've been a busy bee. Hopefully next scan shows your baby caught up a bit more and was just on the slower side.
My induction date is 14th of January if nothing happens before, so we're really close together now

Hey ladies. Been quiet as just been so busy leading up to Christmas.
Had a fetal medicine appointment as baby was measuring small at 32 week scan. She’s fallen below the 10th centile but has gained along that line from 32-34 weeks. They have booked me in for induction on 13th Jan will be around 37 weeks then. Got a scan on the 6th jan to check growth if she has dropped then I’ll be induced that week possibly. They are thinking my placenta is struggling and that’s why there was dip in growth. Monitoring movements and if any worries I have to go straight in. I’m not worrying to much and just taking it easy now and waiting to see what happens x

we had this and she caught up by the next scan and now they are letting us go to term so fingers crossed you have a bit of a growth spell xx

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas and all our babies stay in until it’s over!!!

I have severe pain on my tailbone it’s like she is pressed on a nerve, saw midwife yesterday and said I needed to make an appointment for the week after she said I’ll make you an appointment but I don’t think you will make that long!

Can’t believe we are all nearing the end and will get to hold our babies soon xx

Wow, sounds like you've been a busy bee. Hopefully next scan shows your baby caught up a bit more and was just on the slower side.
My induction date is 14th of January if nothing happens before, so we're really close together now
Oh yeah we really are. Not long for us at all xx

we had this and she caught up by the next scan and now they are letting us go to term so fingers crossed you have a bit of a growth spell xx
Fingers crossed. So far with the scans I’ve had she’s growing along the new line. Between 5th and 10th. Not sure if she will jump up but i’m certainly thinking al the food over Xmas will help lol xx

Merry Christmas, ladies! I hope you have a lovely time with your families and friends!

@Lollypop79 yes, Christmas food is nutritious and I also think getting to have a break and be with family along with the food should all help give baby a little growth boost. Fingers crossed!

@vampysgirl I'm from Bulgaria but I live in Bali, and I only learned about doulas here. It's really just for expats tho because of the financial factor on one hand and the fact that the Balinese moms already have all their family around them.

I had an ultrasound yesterday and the doctor said "it all looks good for a natural birth". Baby seems to be average size, estimated at 3.3kg at 37 weeks so not small but not too big even tho my bump is huuuuuge. His head is now at station -1 so already engaged and he is mostly facing towards my back but not quite, a bit diagonal. So the doc recommended that I do a bit of squatting every day to help open my pelvis further so baby can rotate fully towards my back. I will definitely try it and I hope it works!

Yay, I also can't believe how close we all are and seems like all the due dates are converging! Fun!

Hope you all had a lovely christmas ladies,
Had a midwife appointment today everything is good got to go back the 10th jan if I havent hadn't the baby by the 6th then a membrane sweep on the 10th and my induction date will be set then. Xx

Last edited:
We had a lovely Christmas @Zara96 I hope you did too!
My ankles disappeared in the evening from sitting down so much, I could barely fit in my boots when we left!

Nice to hear all is well with the baby, and hopefully she will make an appearance before the 10th!

I only have an appointment with my gynaecologist on the 6th and that is it. Then we will see what will happen! So exciting to be near the end!x

Had a lovely Christmas @Zara96 hope you did too.
Good to hear all is well and fingers are firmly crossed that you won't need a sweep on the 10th.

I have midwife on monday, see what she says.

@Kitana my whole legs keep swelling up since weeks now if I don't put them up enough. So I feel for you.

I honestly can not wait till baby is here now. I feel all I do is moan these days because of the pain I'm in.

Had a lovely Christmas @Zara96 hope you did too.
Good to hear all is well and fingers are firmly crossed that you won't need a sweep on the 10th.

I have midwife on monday, see what she says.

@Kitana my whole legs keep swelling up since weeks now if I don't put them up enough. So I feel for you.

I honestly can not wait till baby is here now. I feel all I do is moan these days because of the pain I'm in.
I understand the moaning @vampysgirl !lol
I told the oh that I wake up every morning in pain and go to sleep in pain.
I try not to complain too much as he can't do anything about it. Good thing he works a lot so he's not around that much. But on the flip side, I have to everything around the house and don't have much energy anymore! I thought the nesting would have kicked in by now lol!x

I understand the moaning @vampysgirl !lol
I told the oh that I wake up every morning in pain and go to sleep in pain.
I try not to complain too much as he can't do anything about it. Good thing he works a lot so he's not around that much. But on the flip side, I have to everything around the house and don't have much energy anymore! I thought the nesting would have kicked in by now lol!x

My nesting is in full swings but because of the pain I'm so limited what I manage. I can't even walk 10 steps anymore without having the feeling my back is splitting into 2.
My brother took me out into town earlier, seeing if we can grab some sale bargains but after 20 minutes I had to wave the white flag and admit defeat.
It probably doesn't help that I only get around 2-3 hours interrupted sleep and my iron levels have dropped into the anemic area now too... haha might as well this is the last time ever I'll be pregnant... don't think I would ever have the energy to do it all again

Do you sleep on your side @vampysgirl ? Do you sleep with pillows between your ankles. I notice that if I don't, I have the worse pain in my hips in the morning which lasts the entire day.
Maybe you should take some iron supplements. I do occasionally and told my midwife about it. She said it was fine since the baby needs it so much right now!x

Do you sleep on your side @vampysgirl ? Do you sleep with pillows between your ankles. I notice that if I don't, I have the worse pain in my hips in the morning which lasts the entire day.
Maybe you should take some iron supplements. I do occasionally and told my midwife about it. She said it was fine since the baby needs it so much right now!x

Can't lay on my side at all anymore, I actually sit more or less upright with pillows in my back on the sofa now. The trick with pillow between the legs and under the bump worked for a while but sadly not anymore. My sister even went and got me a proper body pillow to use.
I'm also on iron tablets since a couple if months but my levels have still been dropping. Actually stocked up on iron rich foods today and fibre, to avoid the constipation that comes from the tablets...
Oh who ever said being pregnant is classy, has no idea haha

Hi ladies,
I am suffering today with low pains in my tummy and stabbing pains down below feel like tightness everytime I walk and when I'm sat down it hurts to. :sad: xx glad everyone had a nice christmas. Xx

I think the baby is ready to come out hun! Must be that they are fully engaged and your poor pelvix floor has to endure the baby's weight now. Do you have contractions yet @Zara96 ?x

I dont think so now I'm sat down side ways but felt tightening earlier on and it hurts to walk and sit down like I'm sitting on her head . Xx

Hi ladies,

Now that Christmas is over, we almost have NY upon us!

I had a checkup yesterday and the midwife said baby's head is fully engaged and by palpation and looking over my last ultrasound she said baby is a good size and ready for birth.

Is it crazy that I already can't wait to have him? Every time I go to the toilet I'm hoping to see the bloody show and I am constantly thinking about going into labor! I'm obsessing over my Braxton Hicks too, they now feel a tiny bit different, as if extending further down and I get so many of them... After a couple of days of staying home with OH and taking it easy and watching lots of movies, I feel a bit bored and suddenly I just want an end to the waiting game and to have the baby already. And it's only 38 weeks :doh:

@Zara96 sounds like baby is further down, I hope that pain passes quickly!

@vampysgirl oh, that sounds so exhausting with sleeping upright. Have you tried googling it for any special tricks you could do? When my OH had his collarbone broken, he found some great stuff online that the doctor had no clue about - real funky solutions other people with the same problem had come up with.

Hi ladies,

Now that Christmas is over, we almost have NY upon us!

I had a checkup yesterday and the midwife said baby's head is fully engaged and by palpation and looking over my last ultrasound she said baby is a good size and ready for birth.

Is it crazy that I already can't wait to have him? Every time I go to the toilet I'm hoping to see the bloody show and I am constantly thinking about going into labor! I'm obsessing over my Braxton Hicks too, they now feel a tiny bit different, as if extending further down and I get so many of them... After a couple of days of staying home with OH and taking it easy and watching lots of movies, I feel a bit bored and suddenly I just want an end to the waiting game and to have the baby already. And it's only 38 weeks :doh:

@Zara96 sounds like baby is further down, I hope that pain passes quickly!

@vampysgirl oh, that sounds so exhausting with sleeping upright. Have you tried googling it for any special tricks you could do? When my OH had his collarbone broken, he found some great stuff online that the doctor had no clue about - real funky solutions other people with the same problem had come up with.
I would love to have my baby in my arms as well, I am so fed up sometimes. I cried last night because one of the wool balls which I put in the dryer fell on the floor when I transfered the laundry. It was the 4th machine of the day and I kept dropping everything. I was exhausted from my DD and just couldn't handle the ball falling on the floor haha! Sounds so silly now but with the pain, normal house chores and playing with my toddler are become a real challenge.

I never had my show with my first, my water broke and then started gushing out half an hour later, it might have passed then but never saw anything. It was very movie like lol, never thought soooooo much would come out!

I did finally get a good night's sleep, only woke up 3 times. I forgot I have a bed which can be inclined, lol and after reading your comment about sitting upright in the sofa @vampysgirl, I tried it and didn't have any heartburn!

3 more days and we're in January! Woohoo! Exciting to see who will pop first?!x

Hey everyone. All good here had a lovely Xmas. Sorry most of you are so uncomfortable. I’ve got a cold from hell. Awful. Apart from that ok. Was in for reduced movements on Boxing Day. Kept in overnight but she’s doing well now and moving lots so just keeping a close eye on her. I see consultant on the 6th. Induction the 13th and she’s currently breech so will find out how that effects things on the 6th (if still breech) she was head down lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back