** January 2020 Mummies **

@DeniceF awww huge congratulations. Neil looks so adorable. Well done doing it all drug free. I bet you're loving the newborn cuddles right now.

Midwife has been, I'm 2cm dilated and all is soft, head is engaged 3/5 and all is ready. She managed to get some plug off but cervix inner part is not open enough yet that she could feel his head. She did as much as she can, said it can all kick off any moment as all is ready. Just need the contractions now
So probably my poor OH will have to be good to me later Haha he doesn't get a choice.
I have been cramping since the attempted sweep though and tmi my bowels emptied themselves, which I all see as a positive progress.
Midwife comes back thursday if nothing started by then.

@vampysgirl That sounds like a really positive sweep!

My aunt just told me that my granddads birthday would have been the 9th (I only ever met him once before he passed) so I’m now sort of hoping to hold on until then! :angel: Although no complaints if it all started kicking off tonight :dance:

@vampysgirl That sounds like a really positive sweep!

My aunt just told me that my granddads birthday would have been the 9th (I only ever met him once before he passed) so I’m now sort of hoping to hold on until then! :angel: Although no complaints if it all started kicking off tonight :dance:

Aww wouldn't that be nice for them to share a birthday?
My brothers is on the 12th ( due and induction date if nothing happens before is 14th ) so I'm trying to hold off from that particular date Haha
Been cramping ever since the midwife has been though and some are stronger then others. Hoping this will slowly progress now.

Aww wouldn't that be nice for them to share a birthday?
My brothers is on the 12th ( due and induction date if nothing happens before is 14th ) so I'm trying to hold off from that particular date Haha
Been cramping ever since the midwife has been though and some are stronger then others. Hoping this will slowly progress now.
Yay, you might be next!! She did a good job loosening your plug.

My contractions are all over the place, I even have a few less than yesterday. I was absolutely knackered today despite having slept really well at night. I hope this is a sign, I have lost faith in the contractions meaning anything.x

Congratulations and well done @DeniceF not so little Neil is gorgeous!

@vampysgirl sounds like a positive sweep hope it isn’t too much longer for you!

@Kitana sounds like everything is progressing hope it’s not too much longer

We had growth scan today and she has really dropped from 24th percentile to 6th percentile (roughly weighs 6lb 5oz) and low fluid so wanted induction booking in for tomorrow, unfortunately there was a massive queue and fully booked tomorrow so booked in for 9.15am on Thursday, have to go and sit in the day unit tomorrow at 8am for monitoring and potentially stay in and try and jump the queue if anything else looks out of sorts as blood pressure was up this morning! I naively thought induction was instant but can potentially take up to 5 days so I’ll keep you posted when I know something or she arrives xx

Congratulations and well done @DeniceF not so little Neil is gorgeous!

@vampysgirl sounds like a positive sweep hope it isn’t too much longer for you!

@Kitana sounds like everything is progressing hope it’s not too much longer

We had growth scan today and she has really dropped from 24th percentile to 6th percentile (roughly weighs 6lb 5oz) and low fluid so wanted induction booking in for tomorrow, unfortunately there was a massive queue and fully booked tomorrow so booked in for 9.15am on Thursday, have to go and sit in the day unit tomorrow at 8am for monitoring and potentially stay in and try and jump the queue if anything else looks out of sorts as blood pressure was up this morning! I naively thought induction was instant but can potentially take up to 5 days so I’ll keep you posted when I know something or she arrives xx
Fully booked, wow... it does sound like your situation is a bit more urgent due to blood pressure and the baby's weight. I hope you will get your induction tomorrow!x

Fully booked, wow... it does sound like your situation is a bit more urgent due to blood pressure and the baby's weight. I hope you will get your induction tomorrow!x

14 people have been and tried to book inductions for rest of today and tomorrow so earliest date is Thursday but hoping if I’m there I can potentially jump the queue did say if any issues tomorrow if can’t induce will go straight to c section so not overly worried but can see it defo not been straightforward xx

@vampysgirl I had so many peoples birthdays in January, I didn’t realise how many friends had their birthdays then! Hope all is progressing well for you.

@Kitana I get the same - I feel like I make lots of progress at night and then I get almost nothing during the day and feel like I’m going backwards. The fact you lost some of your plug and you had progressed at the midwife though has got to be positive!

@Outofsync That all sounds really overwhelming, buts it’s good that they are doing everything they can to keep an eye on you. I had a read of the induction section of my hospital notes, and the average length of induction (time from arrival to delivery) in my area is 25 hours, so I would imagine it’ll be similar elsewhere. Good luck tomorrow though, and try to get a decent nights sleep tonight :angel:

My midwife told me earlier that they have such a massive baby boom right and nobody has a clue why.

@Outofsync good luck that they can possibly squeeze you in tomorrow already.
@Kitana still got everything crossed that tonight might finally be your night
And same for you @Darielle

The way it looks, we are all very close now, probably all pop within a matter of hours of each other Haha
@Lollypop79 how are you holding up? Not long till your induction day either now. Bet you're all excited too

Could it be because it's the 8th tomorrow? It's a lucky number in different cultures. An Asian friend of mine bet the baby would be born on the 8 cause it meant a rich life or something. I don't remember what she said exactly.

I'm starting to think the bleeding was just a delayed bleed because of the examination. I was hopeful yesterday but I'm starting to think she is way too cosy in there! I checked my cervix earlier and it is still quite high, although I have a tilted uterus, so I don't know if that has something to do with the height. But it was very soft. I'm symptom spotting... :lol: déjà vu!

Good luck @Outofsync! Hopefully you will get news on the induction tomorrow!

@vampysgirl, hope the sweep will deliver that baby girl in your arms tonight!

@Darielle, don't despair! These babies will come out one way or the other haha!x

Awww, it really sounds like you might even share baby birthdays, all is getting so close!

@vampysgirl this is soo good that baby's head is already so low and 2cm is amazing!
@Kitana yay, all symptom spotting I think is helpful cause it keeps you going and positive
@Darielle maybe your body is progressing at night, could be that the cervix is dilating and softening a bit more each night even if it slows down during the day.

@Outofsync oh that sounds a bit overwhelming with the inductions booked out but don't worry, everything will work out. Neil's predicted weight based on the growth scan at 37 weeks was 3.4kg and then 2 weeks later he comes out 4.3kg :D that doesn't happen in 2 weeks so just goes to show how much off they can be with these estimates. I'm hoping for you that you'll jump the queue and baby will come out healthy and happy and maybe even bigger than expected :)

Looks like I should have baby today/tomorrow! Waters broke at about 4am, been into hospital and they’re happy with everything and sent me home to get into established labour, although if it’s not happened by 10pm I’m back in to be induced then.

Stomach cramps really ramped up to the point of throwing up, but seem to be abating now which is nice because they were constant. Getting mild contractions but they’re quite far apart still :angel: Will keep you updated!

Looks like I should have baby today/tomorrow! Waters broke at about 4am, been into hospital and they’re happy with everything and sent me home to get into established labour, although if it’s not happened by 10pm I’m back in to be induced then.

Stomach cramps really ramped up to the point of throwing up, but seem to be abating now which is nice because they were constant. Getting mild contractions but they’re quite far apart still :angel: Will keep you updated!
Ooooooh exciting stuff. Fingers crossed it won't come to an induction tonight

My cramps have totally stopped again so I'm not hopeful at all that anything will happen any time soon.

How exciting!! You can wait up to 24 hours before being induced, if your contractions are getting more regular, you might not even need an induction! Good luck!

I just lost my mucus plug yay! Then I'm pretty sure that the bleeding 2 days ago was still from the examination by the midwife.x

Time to get the popcorn out and watch this thread Eagle eyed I would say.
Come on ladies let's get them contractions ramped up and have some more January babies :baby:

ooh good luck hope it happens soon for you and you don’t need induction!

I too might not need induction contractions started while I was getting monitored this morning they are regular but only about 10/20 seconds long and every 20 mins so sent me home for a bit to try and rest and go back in at 6pm for overnight monitoring if haven’t sped up! All happening xx

All gone quiet here (my baby really doesn’t like daylight :rotfl:), however it did mean I got a couple more hours sleep which was appreciated!

Gone for a little walk and going to spend the rest of the afternoon on the gym ball to see if I can get things moving again.

Good luck to everyone - looks like we might have a few babies in over the next few days!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back