** January 2020 Mummies **

@Darielle hope you've got your little bundle with you by now and if not fingers crossed it won't be too long anymore xx

Hi ladies,

I guess I have the 2nd January baby - that's why I haven't been posting in the last couple of days :)

Baby Neil was born on 7th jan 2:35am local time:)
View attachment 89615

If you want the story, you can read below, it was a long labor but positive birth story.

So after my bloody show on the 4th, OH and I were sooo hoping things would kick off quickly. On 5th evening nothing had happened and OH said "well, I guess now that we're going to bed, our next chance is tomorrow morning, labor doesn't just start in the middle of the night". So of course 2 hrs later, at 11:30 my waters broke with my first contraction! I called my midwife and she said to try and sleep or at least rest until contractions get more regular and stronger. Did that till about 3am when my doula arrived and 2 midwifes waere there at 4am, by that time contractions were 5min apart but pretty mellow. So at 10am they gave me castor oil to get things reallly going and that worked but progress was still not that quick. By 9pm or so I was dialated 8cm but baby just wasn't going down - because my belly had been soo big that his body was leaning forward instead of downward directly on the cervix. He basically was stuck in there until 11:30pm (so total 24hrs of labor at that point). Also my second layer of amniotic sac hadn't broken and the midwives decided it would be better to go to the hospital to break the sac and maybe do more pushing and see how it goes. At the hospital, the doctor broke the waters that hadn't released yet, it was 2l of fluid! And then I pushed for a bit but it soon became clear baby is quite big and I was sooooo tired so the dr used a vacuum to help me along and that did the trick! Baby was right away put on my chest and breastfeeding 15min later, they also left him connected to the placenta for 1.5hrs. He came out to be 4.3kg and 55cm at 39weeks! I don't think I would have managed without the vaccum, pre-pregnancy I was size S so it already feels like a miracle to me that he came out thru my vagina :D And it was still the drug-free, nearly natural birth and great bonding with baby and no trauma so I'm very happy about it all.

We got discharged 2hrs ago (so just 18hrs at hospital), all good with baby and me, I'm just a bit sore and tired, as is to be expected. Looking forward to cuddling with him at home, @Zara96 we're now both in the newborn camp!

@Kitana, sounds like you will be updating us soon!

@vampysgirl, exciting for the sweep, fingers crossed that it works!

@Darielle & @Outofsync Friday is soo soon!

I'm excited for all of you ladies!
Omg his beautiful congratulations on the 2nd jan baby xxx

I hope the silence means she's enjoying her baby cuddles! Hope all is well @Darielle!x

Good luck ladies hopefully some more babies will be born today xx

@Kitana how are you xx
I had loads of contractions yesterday from 11am to about 16pm and then they stopped. So annoying! I had prepped DD's sleeping bag since the contractions were quite painful at times and really thought, this is it. I had lost the plug early morning and kept losing pieces of it during the day. Maybe it was just my body trying to get rid of the plug.
I have my midwife appointment in 40 minutes so will ask if she can do a sweep. I'm not 40 weeks yet so will see if she accepts! Thanks for asking, how are you and the baby?x

@Kitana fingers crossed she will do a sweep for you today and help it along.
I had a call and midwife is coming out before lunch time to do my 2nd one. Hopefully cervix is fully opened now and she can reach the head of the baby...

I had loads of contractions yesterday from 11am to about 16pm and then they stopped. So annoying! I had prepped DD's sleeping bag since the contractions were quite painful at times and really thought, this is it. I had lost the plug early morning and kept losing pieces of it during the day. Maybe it was just my body trying to get rid of the plug.
I have my midwife appointment in 40 minutes so will ask if she can do a sweep. I'm not 40 weeks yet so will see if she accepts! Thanks for asking, how are you and the baby?x
I hope she does a sweep for you and hope that maybe tonight will be your night bounce on an exercise ball that's what I did and did a long long walk, get that mucus plug out. Let me know if she will do your sweep finger crossed she does. Me and baby are doing really well thanks my midwife is coming out today to do the heel prick test xx

@Kitana fingers crossed she will do a sweep for you today and help it along.
I had a call and midwife is coming out before lunch time to do my 2nd one. Hopefully cervix is fully opened now and she can reach the head of the baby...
Good luck hopefully the 2nd one will get things moving. X

I just had my sweep, I thought it would hurt but it just feels uncomfortable. She said my cervix is 2cm dilated in the front but when she tried to reach the baby's head, it was still a sturdy 1cm.. she couldn't do the sweep easily so wouldn't be surprised if it didn't help. Oh well... :lol:

Ok, had second sweep and it was successful. I'm 2cm fully dilated now, babies head is pressing on the cervix. She bobbed the head a few times and baby wasn't phased by it in the slightest.
Have to ring hospital in a couple of hours though because of the massive water retention. Midwife reckons they will call me in and monitor, maybe even induce early because of being dilated and ready.
So, fingers crossed and I'll keep you updated

@Kitana stay positive, you're dilated which is a really good sign already... can only get better from here

I just had my sweep, I thought it would hurt but it just feels uncomfortable. She said my cervix is 2cm dilated in the front but when she tried to reach the baby's head, it was still a sturdy 1cm.. she couldn't do the sweep easily so wouldn't be surprised if it didn't help. Oh well... :lol:
Oh no hopefully you will have your baby soon. When is your actual due date ?. X

Ok, had second sweep and it was successful. I'm 2cm fully dilated now, babies head is pressing on the cervix. She bobbed the head a few times and baby wasn't phased by it in the slightest.
Have to ring hospital in a couple of hours though because of the massive water retention. Midwife reckons they will call me in and monitor, maybe even induce early because of being dilated and ready.

@Kitana stay positive, you're dilated which is a really good sign already... can only get better from here
Oh good luck maybe in the next few hours or days you will have your baby with you. Xx

Oh no hopefully you will have your baby soon. When is your actual due date ?. X
This Saturday! The 11th! Still 1 day to go, today doesn't count anymore!:lol:

Oh how exciting! Hope you get to hold your baby soon!

The sweep didn't do anything I think, I've had 2 contractions since but they were hours apart. This baby will stay in there forever I think!:lol:

I'm at the hospital since 4. Doctor agreed that the water retention is very severe. Now waiting on blood results and then I'll find out what happens next
Got cramping around every 15-20 minutes since lunch time, which is a good sign

I'm at the hospital since 4. Doctor agreed that the water retention is very severe. Now waiting on blood results and then I'll find out what happens next
Good luck hun!!

I have been getting contractions every 2 to 3 minutes now. Hope they don't dissapear again!x

My little man arrived at 5.19am this morning, 7lb 11oz. I can’t seem to figure out how to upload a picture from mobile site :sad:

Ended up being a pretty horrible labour (although fortunately I don’t remember most of it as I was out of my head on gas and air :rotfl:). He’s totally worth it though <3. Got to stay in hospital until at least tomorrow as I lost a lot of blood and may need a transfusion or hopefully just iron tablets!

So excited for the rest of the January babies! Good luck everyone :)

Good luck xx

My little man arrived at 5.19am this morning, 7lb 11oz. I can’t seem to figure out how to upload a picture from mobile site :sad:

Ended up being a pretty horrible labour (although fortunately I don’t remember most of it as I was out of my head on gas and air :rotfl:). He’s totally worth it though <3. Got to stay in hospital until at least tomorrow as I lost a lot of blood and may need a transfusion or hopefully just iron tablets!

So excited for the rest of the January babies! Good luck everyone :)
Congratulations. Hope all is ok Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back