*****Hypnobirthing Mummies*******

Ooooo, just found this!!! I'm doing it too using Maggie Howell CD's and book, due 7th October.

Great news to have found a thread on this, I'm so hoping it works for all of us!!! xxx

Last edited:
Yea I would like to know when I'm enough dilated to get into pool (think its 5) but I don't want to be checked over and over saying your 'only' 3, 'still only 5' etc x

Ooooh me me me!!
I'm due 16th oct, I have read the Mongan book and the Howell book but am using the Howell CDs x

Ooooh me me me!!
I'm due 16th oct, I have read the Mongan book and the Howell book but am using the Howell CDs x

Same here hun, but a few weeks behind you...

xxxxxx

Last edited:
I really want this to work but I need to shake some serious doubts. I think because I remember all too well the pain from previous labours and how badly I coped, I don't know if I can believe this will help. But I want to, so I'm torn. I know that I have to put my full faith into this for it to work, so that is what I'm trying to do at the moment x

I really want this to work but I need to shake some serious doubts. I think because I remember all too well the pain from previous labours and how badly I coped, I don't know if I can believe this will help. But I want to, so I'm torn. I know that I have to put my full faith into this for it to work, so that is what I'm trying to do at the moment x

have you tried some "releasing the fear" techniques? I am not sure how Maggie howell works, but the Mongan method has a few that could help.

I have been using the balloon trip relaxation to help with some issues that I have. I am not sure if its in the book, but I got the CD from my tutor.

Writing down any worries a d then dealing with them by throwing them or burning them, it's the whole not wasting energy on what u have no control over, it's worked so far for me :) x

I am lucky Cos as I have no previous experience to base any fear on, I am pretty fear free.

BUT Maggie Howell can be successfully used for VBAC (and after other traumatic labours)

Just re-read your books and note down anything that delas with tackling fear.

xxxxxxxxxx

hi girls, I'm hoping to go this route so will be keenly following your experiences, Nat i'll be hijacking bits of yours for my birth plan although i'm hoping for a home birth.

I'm doing Daisybirthing classes (same principles as hypnobirthing but cheaper!) have read the Mongan book and got the Howell CDs. Hoping to start working with the CDs this weekend. I've read the book and liking the classes. Oh and I'd due Dec 5th :)

Last edited:
Cos I'm feeling just the same, I have my doubts but trying to deal with them and overcome the issues I have. No fear just doubts. Have you had any more apps with your consultant about what kind of delivery you'll be going for? I'm due to see my consultant in 3 weeks. X

I'm seeing the head mw next week to officially write the birth plan but we decided last appointment that I would be having a water birth in the mw led unit.
I am then seeing the consultant the week after.
I don't have fears as such, I just don't 100% have belief in myself that I can manage the pain this way.
Maybe that is a fear?? Although I have no worried about taking as much pain relief as I need xx

Anyone else find the moment they settle down with the CD baby goes completely nuts?

Now at least I know what to do next time bub is quiet :lol:

Also my bloody cat seems to sense when I am about to put on CD and hides under the bed (to jump out and "play" when I am a few minutes in)

She got thrown outside tonight though!

xxxxxxxxxx

Def the baby goes crazy every time! Think it's the deep breathing, must give baby more room to move when expanding our bellies!!!!
My dog passes out into a deep sleep, so does my husband!!! X

I just cant stay awake at all just now for my CD's, i know they say its ok and actually quite good to fall asleep bUt I really dont feel like I am getting any benefit from it!

Why don't you do the cd while sitting at the table or in a gym ball where ur less likely to fall asleep?? X

I may try it sat on my gym ball later, not because I fall asleep BUT because I need to find a use for this bloody ball that is rolling around our flat??

xxxxxxxxx

you know what the gym ball is a good idea! although not sure I could fully relax, but at least I could listen to it.
I have my affirmations CD on in the car, so its the only thing bit I feel I am doing properly just now. Hopefully once i start maternity leave I will have more time and energy for it!

Sweeps and inductions - What are you opinions?

I know the Marie Mongan method says both should be a big no-no.

I also know that induction makes it very unlikey that you can have a natural birth.

Are we all playing it by ear or have you discussed your wishes with your MW?

I am planning no sweeps at all BUT I am thinking that if they need to induce me I wont have much choice.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I'm saying no to induction, unless they tell me (after monitoring) that my placenta is not working as well as it needs to.
Sweeps I think ate fairly harmless as they aren't going to work unless the cervix is favourable anyway, meaning you were probably going to start soon anyway xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back