*****Hypnobirthing Mummies*******

Hi I did the natalhypnotherapy by Maggie Howell last year when I had my lo and I had the best labour I could have imagined and I attribute that to the cd and techniques. Having been there and experienced it I'm happy to help with any questions I can, I don't get on here a lot due to a demanding 1yr old but you can always pm me. Good luck to you all, I wish I was going through it all again with you!! Xx

Hi I did the natalhypnotherapy by Maggie Howell last year when I had my lo and I had the best labour I could have imagined and I attribute that to the cd and techniques. Having been there and experienced it I'm happy to help with any questions I can, I don't get on here a lot due to a demanding 1yr old but you can always pm me. Good luck to you all, I wish I was going through it all again with you!! Xx

Oh that really is reassuring to know hun!! I'm doing the Maggie Howell CD too, like a lot of other natalhypnotherapy mummies on here and its so nice to hear that it worked for you hun!! I am a very positive person when it comes to trying things out and having a go. I'm very much a "give it a go, or you'll never know gal" haha. and as much as i give stuff a go, you just never know if it is really worth it etc, so I feel much better knowing that it worked for you and you recommend it!!

Thanks hun! :) x

Oh that really is reassuring to know hun!! I'm doing the Maggie Howell CD too, like a lot of other natalhypnotherapy mummies on here and its so nice to hear that it worked for you hun!! I am a very positive person when it comes to trying things out and having a go. I'm very much a "give it a go, or you'll never know gal" haha. and as much as i give stuff a go, you just never know if it is really worth it etc, so I feel much better knowing that it worked for you and you recommend it!!

Thanks hun! :) x

I had the same attitude of give it a go too!! I wasn't into anything like this before so was sceptical when I started but then it just started to make so much sense and it tied in perfectly with what I was told about labour in my antenatal classes so I felt I had nothing to lose and might as well give it 100%, but My mum etc were against it so I had to be quite firm with the doubters and made it clear if they spoke to me about anything negative I'd walk away from the conversation etc which I did!! Luckily hubby was full on supportive and that really mattered when it came to the crunch as he got me back on track when I lost control over one contraction and he set up a lovely relaxing environment at home for me. If you want to read my birth story it's in the link in my signature.
My main advice would be to do the cd as much as you can, believe it WILL work because the more you believe in it the stronger the suggestions are, because I knew my contractions were normal and doing an important job then they werent scary at all and only felt intense so I could control them with the breathing no problems. I am so glad I used it and I would use it again for my next one and I'd recomend it to everyone, I truly believe it got me through and made my birth amazing in sure I'd have panicked and made my contractions ten times worse and been demanding drugs etc and possibly then needed intervention if I hadn't discovered it! Even if things don't go to plan then you still have a great tool to help keep you calm and controlled whatever the outcome. Can't wait to read all the birth stories!!!

Thanks bunnykins, that's such an inspiring post, as is your lovely birth story xx

Thanks bunnykins, I've read the book now so need to crack on with the CD

How's everyone getting on with their hypnobirthing/natal hypnotherapy preparation?

I'm now doing my CD daily. If nothing else it's a lovely chill out.

Have we had any more births using the techniques?

I've just started listening to the pregancy relaxation CD and bought the book as well. I'm looking forward to hearing all your stories xx

Hi Amy

I really loved the pregnancy relaxation CD and it helped prepare for the birth prep one later, because it has the same trigger (3,2,1, relax). I found I was already halfway there. I also really, really like the "happy place" it uses - the woods and the tree - much better than the beach on the birth prep. So much so that I'm going to listen to the pregnancy one a few times again and practise the tree bit to use in labour.

Which book did you buy?

I bought the Maggie Howell Birth Preparation one, haven't started reading it yet but want to be prepared. I've been trying to do meditation/self-hypnosis for a while and when I do it I can really start to relax, so hoping this will really help x

Cool, I prefer the Maggie Howell version. I read the Marie Mongan one and couldn't really buy into it, but have all of the MH CDs.

If you can find one locally, I would really recommend a course. My husband and I found it so useful.

I find the Marie Mongan stuff quite American focused and much prefer the Maggie Howell stuff as it is UK-centric.

However I did read Marie Mongan cover to cover and found it pretty insightful. I used the Maggie Howell CD's though (and read her book a few times!!)

It's getting very close for me but due to issues with high BP I am not sure I'll be able to go to birthing centre on the day??? I could possible end up in labour ward on a trace which of course doesn't fit in with what I want.

I have white coat hypertension so it really is a case of what happens on the day??

I still plan to stay at home as long as possible so am hoping by the time we get to hospital I'll be too "into" labour for my stupid BP phobia to come into play??

Even if I am on labour ward though I plan to stay as calm and chilled as I can!

I am so excited, I feel like a child on Crimbo Eve

xxxxx

Last edited:
Nat, I think the hypno will help whatever kind of birth you have. I really don't think it can hinder.

Have you ever tried using the hypno before you have your BP taken? Arrive a good few minutes before your appointment, start your hypno in the waiting room and ask the MW or whoever to give you a couple of minutes to relax before they take the reading?

Last edited:
Nat, I think the hypno will help whatever kind of birth you have. I really don't think it can hinder.

Have you ever tried using the hypno before you have your BP taken? Arrive a good few minutes before your appointment, start your hypno in the waiting room and ask the MW or whoever to give you a couple of minutes to relax before they take the reading?

To be honest it's just been the one appointment BP was high but as it was @ 38w they had to check me and baby over.

I was OK at last appointment but I just imagine on the day I'll be stressed / anxious as obviously I'll be in labour.

My negativity is of course bloody counter-productive to wanting to use natal hynotheraphy techniques... It's kind of a viscious circle???

I love the theory and principles of natal hypnotherapy and I know that keeping calm and being relaxed is the best thing I can do for myself and baby!!! I just hope on the day I can pull it off.

xxxxxxxxx

I know what you mean about negativity being counter productive, I managed to get myself worked up about the birth last week. I tried perineal massage and found it just impossible - there is no comfortable position where I can reach round my bump and do it effectively. The perineum felt so tight and because I wasn't at the right angle I made myself sore. So I was convinced that I was doomed to tear badly and have a long recovery process :roll:

After spending several days trying and getting more and more upset, I decided it was counter productive. What will be will be, but the more relaxed I am the less likely it is to happen, so I decided to stop trying and concentrate on my hypno.

Hello I haven't had time to read through all yet but I'm a mum of 3 and having number 4 and plan to use hypnobirthing as my main pain relief and after any tips or advice? I'm due in June 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back