*****Hypnobirthing Mummies*******

I hope you didn't mind me posting on your behalf earlier twinkles? I just remembered you saying you'd got to 5cm and then had to have the epi but that was due to circumstances.

Your story reassures me a lot! Just in-case I am not lucky enough to have a text book labour with zero complications / worries / need for assistance (I know this goes against natal hypnotherapy principles even thinking this way :shock:)

It's good to know that keeping calm and positive counts for a lot even if things don't go according to plan.

How is your little lady doing??

xxxxxxxxxxx

Not at all hunny!!!!

I'm keeping an eye on this thread to see how u all get on, every labour is different, a lot just can't be planned! But you girls can be prepared for a relaxed calm birth how ever it works out! I know someone who used hypno through a section! Again calm relaxed birth and calm relaxed baby!!

Baby Breagh is just perfect! She's just been fed and relieved the rock solid boob roll on 3 hours when she can sort the other side for me!!!! Ha ha she's all I have ever wanted and tonnes more! Me and my hubby are floating around with smiles on our faces!!! X

Fabulous to hear you so happy and that its all going so well hun! xxxxx

Thank you Twinkles, sounds like your little one has really benefitted from the hypno as well.

Who's next then girls? :) xxx

Not me!!! I want this baby to stay put for a while longer yet thanks. xxx

I'm bouncing away like tigger!!! Got a friend coming round in a bit with her 4 week old little girl - hoping mine will get jealous of the cuddles and want to make an appearance! ;)

Thought I'd bump this thread.

I was not even looking into hypnobirthing at all as I just didn't picture having a natural birth with twins as I thought I'd be having a section. However speaking with my consultant it seems they want to try for a natural as twin 1 is head down right now and I'm pretty terrified about it all. :shock: :shock: :shock: I haven't even looked into breathing techniques or anything to do with labour. I feel soooo unprepared and that terrifies me.

Just on Amazon about to buy the Maggie Howell book and CD after your suggestions, am hoping they'll help. Even if things don't go to plan with the natural or I get induced (will get induced at 36wks if I haven't gone naturally) but I just want to be prepared. Think I'm just a bit of a control freak and hate something like this being out of my control.

Unforutunately I won't really have a due date to work to, basically I could go any time but most likely around 34wks-36wks - so next month! :shock:

Hi Hun, I'm hoping that anything I do re relaxation will help in my labour. I also know someone using this to prepare for a c section so it's all worth it! I've got the Maggie Howell CD and trying to listen when I can, I do daisy birthing too, if you want a class you could see if there is one in your area! Good luck!

I had my natal hypnotherapy course last week - it was brilliiant. We opted to have it privately in our house, which made us much more relaxed, and it was also a great opportunity for my husband and I to share some of our hopes and fears. He doesn't find that kind of thing easy, but the trainer was so gentle and kind that he felt comfortable.

The hypno part I found quite easy as I'd already been using the relaxation CD in early pregnancy, so I had some of the triggers embedded already. I just need to listen to the CD plenty between now and the birth. The trainer did a brilliant demonstration where we used a slow breathing technique and she pinched my arm. I could feel her touching me, but it didn't hurt, so I told her afterwards she needed to learn to pinch harder. So she demoed what she was doing and without the techniques it hurt! I was absolutely amazed at how effective just a few seconds of relaxing breathing had been.

She also adapted the last hypnosis session to include some specific anxieties that we had and that was lovely. I have noticed one thing, other peoples opinions about labour have stopped affecting me in the same way. For instance, I was at a wedding this weekend and my SIL (who is a GP) was horrified at the discussion that I might have the baby in a midwife led unit and talked about complications and transfer times. It all bounced off me, whereas before I would have tried to justify my decisions, I felt calm and just thought "she has a different opinion to me".

I'm really excited and positive about labour at the moment and feel that whatever happens the hypno will be so useful.

I'm still falling asleep listening to my cd's and i have 2 weeks left?!?!?!?

Hi ladies I have got the Hypnobithing: The Mongan Method, Which I read and used with my second. I was wondering what CDs you guys are using for the actual birth if any? The CD that comes with it isn't quite what I'm looking for. Would like a relaxation Cd that I can start use now. Any suggestions welcome xxxxx

I use the Maggie Howell's CD's (Pregnancy Relaxation and I have now moved on to the Effective Birth Preparation CD) I find all the Maggie Howell stuff much more UK friendly - Marie Mongan is very US centric!

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Where did you get her stuff?xx

Amazon - just search Maggie Howell.

I got the book and 2 of the CD's! The Pregnancy Relaxation and Effective Birth Preparation

xxxxxxxxx

I must try and make sure i listen to my CDs regularly now, I've been a bit sporadic. I really want to do it, and get prepared, next few weeks it requires some dedicated time i think :)

I plan to listen everyday now I am on Mat leave ... Not even looked at CD yet today though LOL!

xxxxxxxxxx

I've been using the Natal Hypnotherapy CDs and book. The CD relaxes me but I'm still terrified of the birth so it's not working in that sense. I haven't finished reading the book though so I'm hoping the more I read the calmer I'll be. I might move onto the birth preparation CD now as the pregnancy relaxation one isn't addressing the birth itself.xx

I've been using the Natal Hypnotherapy CDs and book. The CD relaxes me but I'm still terrified of the birth so it's not working in that sense. I haven't finished reading the book though so I'm hoping the more I read the calmer I'll be. I might move onto the birth preparation CD now as the pregnancy relaxation one isn't addressing the birth itself.xx

They say to use the birth prep CD from about 32w?

Although I am sure it is fine to use earlier.

xxxxxxxx

Yeah it says 32wks but I was thinking the more u listen 2 it the better, that's usually the case with hypnotherapy anyway. I wish the pregnancy relaxation touched on birth a bit too as that's the whole point of me getting the CDs. Do u think it's better to wait til 32wks carnat or stick with the book for now? I don't find it difficult to relax but fear of the birth is still lingering so I was tempted to start the birth prep one.xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back