*****Hypnobirthing Mummies*******

Sweep I think I will just see at the time, depends how over due I am! Induction ideally not but again if it's taken out of our hands and placenta isn't great and baby could be effected then I will do anything! Although the hypno can still be used even if this was to happen, not to the extent we planned but it will still help x

I am ok with the sweeps, they are natural so my tutor is actually ok with them. As for induction, I think its easy to say now NO I WONT, but once I am 12 days overdue I would probably hump the Doctors leg for one......

I'm looking into this at the moment to try and keep me calm as I really panicked with Cesca 'cause it all happened so quickly! 2cm-birth in 2 1/2 hours xx

Another question for you all lovely ladies due before me....

What are you doing about your placenta? Will you deliver that naturally?

I am thinking I'd quite like to BUT I am planning to donate my cord blood so a team will be coming to get placenta? Not sure if this effects my ability to be able to have a natural third stage?

xxxxx

Last edited:
I plan to try and deliver naturally but if nothing happens after 30/45 mins or any problems arise I will have the injection, my main thing is that the cord isn't cut until it stops pulsating!
I'm hoping skin on skin and fingers crossed breast feeding will release the placenta! That's my plan!!! X

Morning girlies! :wave:

Just thought I'd post something on this thread to bump it up to the top again so other mums can join in - I think it's going to be such a powerful tool that I
didn't want the thread to get lost in amongst all the excitement!

I've started my maternity leave (throws hands in air!) :dance: so I've started preparing notes from my natal hypnotherapy book for me and hubby to really get to grips with it.

How's everyone else getting on? xxx

I am able to start using the actual Birth Preparation CD now I am 32w?

Although I'll just do that a few times a week for the time being.

As soon as I am on ML I am going to re-read the books and make notes.

OH knows his main duties, I am not going to confuse him with too much info LOL

I still never feel hypnotised / fully detatched when I use the relaxation CD?? It doesn't seem to work. Although I do feel a lot more chilled out.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I rarely feel totally out of it either, cause its a fine line to falling asleep for me!

have done a list of my favourite techniques, and the ones i want to use for each stage of labour. Got my last session tonight so will go through it all and then we are on our own! eeeeek.

also want to go through birth complications, cause I have been focussing on the pain and getting through any labour issues that arrive, I hadnt even really though about complications that are apparent AFTER baby is out, or not getting baby out quick enough and causing brain damage etc etc. So I need to work on that a bit I think so I can stay relaxed throughout.

am off for a clary sage bath and a bit of fear release just now.

I am able to start using the actual Birth Preparation CD now I am 32w?

Although I'll just do that a few times a week for the time being.

As soon as I am on ML I am going to re-read the books and make notes.

OH knows his main duties, I am not going to confuse him with too much info LOL

I still never feel hypnotised / fully detatched when I use the relaxation CD?? It doesn't seem to work. Although I do feel a lot more chilled out.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey Carnat :wave:
They do say to start the birth prep CD from 32 weeks, althought I was a bit impatient and started them a bit sooner!
I know what you mean about not confusing OH! Mine has read mini guide now and we plan on starting to listen to the CD together this week.
I'm also making some cards with bullet points on how I would like him to help me; one for 'triggers' and things to do/say and one for how I need his help in hospital like keeping the room quiet etc.

I wouldn't worry about not feeling fully 'hypnotised' - from what I understand everyone's level is different and as long as it's helping you feel relaxed and calm then it must be doing some good! Hopefully once the day comes round your subconcious will kick in and the sounds on the CD will help without you even knowing about it. xxx

Can't wait to hear how any of the other natal hypno mummies have got on! x

Well Twinkles got to 5cm before I think she had some pain relief, she did amazingly though!

I think everyone else is still waiting.

I have not done the CD for a few days so I am looking forward to it later

xxxxxxxxxx

the visualisation things have really hit home with me this week. I think it has all finally clicked! i did the little deer one and I actually cried!
then did a deepening technique and for the first time when being counted back up I actually did feel amazing!!!

although doing it everyday is becoming a bit of a chore...........

wonder who is next?? x

I'm enjoying doing the CD, but I can totally recommend the daisybirthing classes too, really loving them. It complements the hypnobirthing so well. I love having my calm special place that i visualise during relaxation. When DH and I got engaged we were in malaysia and one trip took us out to a deserted island that was crystal blue warm waters and idylic sand etc, I always take myself there and its lovely. Need to listen more though to try and practise deeper relaxation cos i'm def not there yet but i do find it hard to shut out the stuff in my head about work etc

I haven't started yet, but I have my natal hypnotherapy session tomorrow. Very excited to get started!

my special place is on a sun bed in the Maldives! (Komandoo island). Have never felt so relaxed as I did when I was there for our honeymoon last year. White sand below, crystal clear turquoise waters lapping besid me...... aaahhh I want to go back!

I still usually fall asleep during the longer ones. But sure I wont when labour starts!

Hey girls I really recommended the hypno, the labour didn't really go to how we had planed with having to be monitored for 48 hours and needing to have waters broken and have the hormone drip resulting in horrendous contractions and the need of an epidural BUT I still used the hypno, for such an anxious labour the hypno kept me calm and focused. I managed 5 cm with hypno and at that point the contraction drip was increased (nasty!) but the hypno music stayed on and I really believe its a big reason why I had a textbook pregnancy, labour that should of been awful (but only 5 hours 45mins and 6mins of pushing) and most importantly we have a daughter that is so content she has taken to breast feeding perfectly resulting in my uterus returning to size very quickly. she loves a bath, and has a cuddle for everyone! All we here is that she is the most content chilled baby people have met! So there's more to hypno than just pain relief during birth!!! What's to lose!!! X

loved reading that!! am dreading the thought of induction, especially as it goes against my entire birth plan.

but good to know it doesnt all go out the window when things dont go to plan. Sounds like you have a perfect little baby! xx

Thanks Twinkles! And congrats again on your little girl. TBH that's my number 1 goal with my birthing plan, to do everything I can to make sure that my baby is born safely and with a minimum of trauma (to him), so that he has the best possible chance of breastfeeding and being content.

Well done, you did a great job xx

I hope you didn't mind me posting on your behalf earlier twinkles? I just remembered you saying you'd got to 5cm and then had to have the epi but that was due to circumstances.

Your story reassures me a lot! Just in-case I am not lucky enough to have a text book labour with zero complications / worries / need for assistance (I know this goes against natal hypnotherapy principles even thinking this way :shock:)

It's good to know that keeping calm and positive counts for a lot even if things don't go according to plan.

How is your little lady doing??

xxxxxxxxxxx

Great to hear your story twinkles, to know it can be done and there is a method to what sometimes feels like madness!!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back