*****Hypnobirthing Mummies*******

Lynds77

Reaction score
seems there is quite a few of us doing this, and thought it would be good to have all our dates down so we can see who is due next, and then report back on how it worked for us?? And give each other some tips and what seemed to work and what didnt?

AUGUST

SEPTEMBER
23rd - Twinkles - Maggie Howell - CD's and book
25th - elisesmum -
29th - Lynds77 - Mongan Method - full course at home with tutor

OCTOBER
7th - SARAHSTAR - Maggie Howell - CD's and book
14th - Mrs Wibbily - hypnobirthing wonder works of Dany Griffiths (tums2mums.co.uk)
16th - Cosmicgirl - Mongan book, Howell Book and CD's

NOVEMBER
5th - CARNAT22 - Maggie Howell - CD's and book
16th - Little_angel - Natal Hypnobirthing
21st - ChloeNat - Maggie Howell - CD's and book

DECEMBER
5th - Dyscochick - Daisybirthing classes, Mongan book, Maggie Howell CD's

Last edited:
I'm not due until 5th November and I am doing the Maggie Howell natal Hynotherapy (CD's and book)

I've also read the Marie Mongan book.

I know there are quite a few ladies due before me so I am looking forward to seeing how you all get on.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Oh good idea! This is getting very popular!!!
One tip I've been told is to tell the hospital your doing hypno when u call to say labour has started, firstly because if all goes to plan we will be calmer through contractions which could lead to midwife telling us to stay home longer than maybe we should!!! Secondly the hospital prepares the room, i.e not beeping monitors and dimming the lights, getting pool filled etc!

I'm due 23rd sept and using natal hypnotherapy CDs and reading the book by maggie Howell x

Im a hypnobirthing mummy, due the 25th september with a boy called leo, very excited for labour :) xx

Good idea!

I'm doing a natal hypnotherapy course and my EDD is 16th November.

Xx

Bumping this! Thought there was loads more doing hypno on here???? X

Maybe the others haven't seen this thread yet.....x

Here I am. I'm due 14th October and practising the hypnobirthing wonder works of Dany Griffiths (tums2mums.co.uk). Really getting excited now about labour. I'm very intrigued to see if I can really focus. Although I've managed it at home on an afternoon with 4 kids running round and banging about! Quite different I know but a distraction is a distraction right?! I've even been practising at work on my lunch.

Have any of you started changing the words contractions to surges as you read or pain to discomfort?! I'm constantly trying! Getting easier most definitely.

One of the recommendation in my hypno pack is to write your birth story as though it's already happened and see how much comes true so to speak. The idea is uou make it as positive as you can. No matter how many ways I try to think of my labour I just keep seeing it in one way so wonder if that'll happen.xx

Hi Mrs W,

I haven't got into the habit of changing my use of langauge yet.

I am thinking that as long as I make sure words have no negative connatation for me I'll carry on using them?

I am lucky that I've never actually been afraid of the labour / giving birth part so in that respect some of the Maggie Howell book is a bit wasted on me??? It does tend to focus on releasing the fear and I have no fear to release LOL!

I've spoken to OH about what I want.... I have acknowledged that this is Plan A though and I could end up with Plan Z.

My ideal birth includes the following:

* Staying at home as long as possible
* Use of TENS machine, warm baths (not together :lol:), birthing ball, music, birthing CD and candles to keep me relaxed
* Attend the birthing centre when the time comes
* Use the birthing pool if we can
* low lighting, quietness, G&A if need be.
* OH wont be in the pool with me
* We'll have an iPod and mini docking station with us for music and to listen to my CD's.

Then things get a bit skectchy... I have no real preference about where I have the baby, I am going to go with what my body is telling me:

Afterwards:
* OH tell me the gender
* Baby to be placed on me (Or OH) without being cleaned for skin to skin and I want to try to feed as soon as possible
* Vitamin K orally for baby (ideally if not then we will have the injection)
* I will have the injection to help with the placenta as long as this can be done after it stops pulsating
* No immediate hurry or rush to be moved to a ward.

My OH's duties will be as follows:

* To keep me calm at all times, to remind me to breathe through any "surges"
* To help me get through the 'self doubt' phase by being gently firm with me
* To support / hold / massage me as and when I require
* To make sure I am not pushed into any decisions if we feel the MW's are trying to "hurry" me along. OH is under strict instructions to ask the following questions "is Nat OK?", "Is baby OK?" and if the answer to both is yes then he will ask for some more time to see how things progress naturally.

So I am not following the principles exactly, BUT my intention is just to stay calm, switch off mentally as much as possible and let me body do it's thang!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Yep that's pretty much the way I want to go. I don't have any fears either it's more the negative impact my first labour and birth had (ended in emergency CS) but I refuse to dwell on it. I'm doing all I can now to avoid that however our safety is paramount so I am happy to go along with whatever as long as I'm not pressured.

I got my hubby reading last night poor thing he was baffled and gave up not long after think I threw too much at him at one go. :lol:

I'm trying to keep my mind as open as possible to all suggestions but don't really want any relief medicinally if I can avoid it, pumping my body of chemicals frightens me in how it would affect the baby.

I know I can do it as the majority of my first labour was amazing with no relief whatsoever but baby's position was all wrong so it went belly up! Not this time I am a professional ball bouncer and hip gyrating queen!:lol:

Nat your birth plan is EXACTLY the same as mine! haha.

OH has got his deepening techniques to do with me but other than that its the same. I also want hubby to tell me what sex the baby is, but as we are waiting for cord to stop pulsing we should have plenty of time for that bit. God willing. x

Carnatt that's exactly what I'm visioning! I might steal ur notes for my birth plan because u have just said exactly what I want!!!!
I'm not scared if birth, I'm excited! Can see me counting a lot rather than visioning I'm on a beach etc, eyes closed, deep breaths and count!!!! X

Nat your birth plan is EXACTLY the same as mine! haha.

OH has got his deepening techniques to do with me but other than that its the same. I also want hubby to tell me what sex the baby is, but as we are waiting for cord to stop pulsing we should have plenty of time for that bit. God willing. x

I've just added OH telling me gender - can't believe I forgot that!!

Carnatt that's exactly what I'm visioning! I might steal ur notes for my birth plan because u have just said exactly what I want!!!!
I'm not scared if birth, I'm excited! Can see me counting a lot rather than visioning I'm on a beach etc, eyes closed, deep breaths and count!!!! X

Yay!

I must print this off actually...

You are all before before me so I am very intrigued to hear how it goes....

It's so exciting! Although I am wanting bubs to stay put for some time yet. I am so loving having him/her in my tummy :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm also listening to the natal hypnotherapy CD by Maggie Howell although having listened 3 times now I have not been able to make it through to the end without falling asleep!! It makes me so relaxed closing my eyes and breathing steadily. I'm gonna have to try get the whole way through!

I'm due Nov 21st

Carnat your birth plan is very like mine aswell :) I can't wait for OH to tell me what the gender is. His first role as Daddy :)

xx

Only other thing I don't want is to be told anything that's negative like 'your only 3cm' rather they just don't say unless I need to know!!! Unless there is a problem for me or baby I want to be left with positive thoughts, this is why pool appeals as less intrusive and less hands on!! X

Only other thing I don't want is to be told anything that's negative like 'your only 3cm' rather they just don't say unless I need to know!!! Unless there is a problem for me or baby I want to be left with positive thoughts, this is why pool appeals as less intrusive and less hands on!! X

I'll second that! There are so many things I want to write on my birth plan must start doing it in more detail!x

See I kind of want to know how dilated I am (I know that goes against the whole principle of natal hypnoborthing though!)

I may ask them to tell me when I am in "established labour" - so I'll know I am over 4cm?

xxxxxxxx

yeah I would like to know that I am about 7cm when I arrive at the hospital. Would make me more confident about the the whole thing. Would be a bit gutted if I felt like I had held off as long as I could and arrived there only at 2/3cm or something.

but you can progress quite quickly when hypnobirthing so I suppose it doesnt really matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back