*~* February 2017 yummy mummies - the last trimester *~*

Hey ladies,
Hope your all ok,

I haven't been very well, I've got liver failure, aneamic, blood clotting, strep b, and another condition.
I might be having a c section cos of the condition I've got and she could catch it as she comes out.

Absolutely exhausted and drained. Can't sleep at night due to the liver failure, makes me scratch myself raw and exhausted cos of the aneamic side of things.
Will be very glad once the pregnancy is over and she is here as I'm struggling really bad, I decided three days ago I would do our hospital bags and I still haven't done them. Took me two weeks just to finish the painting in her room (hubby did offer but I wanted to help).
Got to have operation when she is around 8 weeks old, three operations to remove growths from my butt, which is what she can catch. Also had thrush twice now..

Not having a good time and its defo put me off having anymore. (Although people have said that will change once she's here and I'm fully recovered from the ops)
I probs sound soooo ungrateful but I'm not, I know how blessed we are to be having a little girl (her name is Ruth). But I haven't enjoyed my pregnancy at all, my partner has been made redundant to which really through us out.. it's all happened at the last minute.
I have to have bloods once a week to watch my liver levels (if they get to a certain point they induce you around 38 weeks) but I'm guessing I'll be having the c section anyway.
Had a growth scan on Friday just gone. Which really perked me up, we saw her whole face really defined, it might as well of been 3D it was that good, it even shocked the sonographer she said "wow!! She's come up the clearest I've ever seen!) My jaw dropped when I saw Ruths face, it made it all worth it.

Anyway will stop rambling.
I've got so much to do... if I'm not in pain I'll do it tomorrow... fingers crossed tomorrow is a good day!!
Love to you all and your bumps
Sharn and Ruth
(The one that's been giving me hell!!)
Xxxx

Oh wow Prash! So is that only a week away?? Hopefully it'll be a straight forward induction with no need for section.xx

Yes Hun.. had my scan today and baby is transverse position (lying across my bump) I have doctor's appointment tomorrow. So will need to find out what next

Bethany - fingers crossed for you, really hope everything goes fine

Tigeress - hang in there and your baby will be in your arms soon. You have been going through a lot ! But you are lucky that you got to see your little one's face, take care

I have bought tens machine from boots, but not sure if it will be of use when induced. I have started packs no hospital bag.

Ran a clean cycle with dettol wash to make sure the washing machine is clean. Next I Washed all the baby clothes with persil non bio in the machine. I hope I am doing the right thing. Put all the clothes yo dry on an aired. I can smell soap and was a little nervous, but hoping that it's ok !

Bethany - good luck! It is stressful but you are under the best care now. Hope she has grown tomorrow for you.

Tigeress - Sorry to hear your having such an awful time! Hopefully wont be too long and baby be here for you.

Prash - That sounds fine for the baby wash dont worry. :)

Im 35 weeks today! (Where is that going?) Have washed all my neutral baby clothes now, bought nappies, breast pads etc and washed all babies snuzpod bedding and moses basket. Just waiting on new mattress to arrive today for the snuzpod.

Really need to get my hospital bag packed, so far just been buying everything I need. What has everyone started putting in their bags? I need something to birth in yet and maybe a nursing top or two for afterwards. (I forget haha)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tigress, that all sounds horrendous you poor love. Will all your health problems go away once Ruth is here? Fingers crossed you dont have much longer to wait. It must be so horrible for you. Sending you loads of hugs.

Prash, thats so exciting! You'll probavly be having the first February baby in a few days. The washing all sounds good too, much more diligent than I've been!!

Lura, sounds like you're getting very organised! I finished off my bag yesterday with the exception of snacks. last time I ate all the snacks the day after I packed the bag.
I've done a main bag and a spare bag in case for whatever reason we have to stay in hospital longer and I need to rely on my husband to bring extra things. With my eldest he went to get me extra pants and came back with lovely little lacy thongs and low rise french knickers.....I'd just had a c section...he wondered what was wrong...I hit the roof I was so stressed. Not making that mistake again.
In my main bag Ive got a few sleepsuits with integrated mittens, vests, hats, 2 cellular blankets, 1 knitted blanket, nappies, vaseline, mat pads, breast pads, 2 long vest tops, 2 pairs of high waisted leggings, 2 long shirts, 8 pairs of the biggest granny pants Ive ever seen, 3 bf friendly nighties, dressing gown, hair grips and ties, toiletries, slippers and a towel and the presents from the baby to my daughters. Need to add snacks.
My spare bag has extra vests, sleep suits, pants, leggings and vests, mat pads and nappies. Thats going to be left in the boot.

Now i just need to.tidy the house and sort our bedroom out ready for the new arrival. I've accepted it's room just won't be ready for months to come yet!x

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, and yes once she's here I will have the growths removed on 3 different ops, the liver problem will bounce back and everything will return to normal. Counting the days now.

Hope everyone ok? Are you all ready? Hehehe xx

Oh wow, sounds like some of you are having a really rough time of it, despite the hospital messing me about I am feeling great at the moment and loving nesting and making the most of the time left with just me and my little girl. I am ready apart from hospital bag, I have everything to go in it just need to pull my finger out and put it in the bag.

My follow up scan showed that babies tummy had apparently grown too much in the last 2 weeks so I have had to repeat my glucose test which I did yesterday and just waiting for the results in the next couple of days if I don't hear anything I will carry on as normal and have a final scan at 38 weeks.

Prash thought I would share my induction story as I was induced with my first, I had to go in one morning to be admitted and they put a pessary in which could stay for 24hrs before they would check me again but I wasn't allowed to leave the hospital grounds in this time. Lucky for me my waters broke at 3.00 the next morning and contractions started, I progressed well until I got to 6cm when my contractions became fewer and not as intense so I had to have the hormone drip started, they strongly advised an epidural at this point and put a catheter in as well, from then I continued to progress and was soon at 10cm however it is my trusts policy that anyone with an epidural has to wait 1-2hours before pushing so I waited and then began pushing, at this point I let the epidural wear off so I could feel the contractions and push more effectively but had to end up with a forceps delivery in the end as baby got stuck. 2 words of warning, be prepared to be in hospital for some time as I have known people who have taken 3 days for the induction to work and it might just be my hospital but I wasn't allowed to eat once they started the drip but could suck hard boiled sweets which were a life saver so might be worth packing some if you like that sort of thing.

So exciting to think our babies will soon be arriving.

Are any of you lovely ladies on instagram?? I love following other mummies, seeing progress etc. :)

Bethany - I think I would totally feel the same and just want her here for the reassurance.

Tigeress - so sorry to read that you have been so poorly. Glad all will go back to normal once Ruth arrives. Not long to go now. I hope the last few weeks go really quickly for you!

I am on instagram lisabritton1985.

I have made a start on my hospital bag, but despite all the lists I'm still panicking that I'll forget stuff - I probably won't even use half of it all, lol.

Thanks pinkbunny. Xxx

We are pretty much ready apart from some bits I've ordered that haven't turned up yet.

Still waiting for the decision about the c section so she might be here in a couple of weeks

Xx

Update ladies!
Had my growth scan today which showed she had put little weight on! And hardly any growth with head stomach or femur they wanted to monitor me for next week every day but I refused and said it was to stressful and I was worrying over reduced movements so I'm booked in Monday for induction!!

Update ladies!
Had my growth scan today which showed she had put little weight on! And hardly any growth with head stomach or femur they wanted to monitor me for next week every day but I refused and said it was to stressful and I was worrying over reduced movements so I'm booked in Monday for induction!!
Ooohh Bethany good luck! You will be absolutely fine and feel so much better when she is here. Your gunna become a January Mummy!

Oh Bethany that's so exciting!! You'll feel so much better when she's here. How many weeks will you be?xx

Ah Bethany, good luck for Monday! That's so soon, how exciting!! Will you be term? xx

I'll be 35+6! So not full term so they say she may be in special care unit

Ill be thinking of you and your little girl bethany! Fingers crossed she wont need to be in special care.

Anyone else extra grumpy? Im finding everything so annoying at the moment.

Ill be thinking of you and your little girl bethany! Fingers crossed she wont need to be in special care.

1000% me haha!
I get so agitated

Good god yes - I am ready to throttle my husband all day every day at the moment! We aren't speaking this evening because he tried to put the duvet cover back on the bed that I only washed this morning, and I got the hump because it hasn't been "aired"! :shakehead:

Yes defo me lol, everything is irritating me at the min!

Good luck Bethany :)

Glad Im not the only one feeling like an angry bull! It doesnt help that my daughter has caught her 3rd cold in the space of 2 weeks thanks to people sending their sick kids into nursery. It then gets passed to my younger daughter and to me. Not my husband though, he seems bloody immune to everything the lucky bum.....and he wasn't breastfed.....so if anyone cant breastfeed for whatever reason and you feel guilty about it then don't. I was breastfed until I was 2 and still catch every bug going. Both daughters were breastfed till 16 months and they catch everything going.

Sorry thats quite a rant!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back