*~* February 2017 yummy mummies - the last trimester *~*

Hi everyone today was super tiring I had my Doppler scan today and my ri was variable so when I went to see consultant he says I need closer monitoring I've been diagnosed IUGR I had to have ctg monitoring today and have to go back Saturday for this again I'm then booked in Monday for another Doppler and if it's abnormal I have to see consultant that day to discuss next options if that looks I have a growth scan booked Thursday and if the measurements haven't changed or decreased they going to induce me depending on baby this will mean me being induced or csection if the growth picks up they will push it on but I think I'll be under close monitoring

Gosh Bethany that all sounds super stressful but thank goodness they're being so diligent with you! I know a couple of people who went through what you're going through and their babies were born normal sized and with no health issues. So hopefully your little lady will be the same. Good luck for the next appointment.xxx

Hi ladies how's everyone ? I have just finished 36 weeks. My sugar levels have been slightly on higher side so have been asked to start on insulin with f readings go any higher !

Next week is my 36 week scan and consultant appointment to decide when I will be induced as that was the plan. I am just getting my hospital bag ready now... but it looks like it's going to be About 3 bags instead of 1 :0 . How are the others packing stuff ?

Exciting times but I'm quite a bit nervous too

Good luck Prash! Hope it all goes well. How far along are they planning on inducing you?
My husband used to be in the navy and has a big sturdy navy holdall which fits everything and he can carry it on his back. Its so handy albeit very ugly.

Wow, you all sound so prepared! 2 parts of my new buggy arrived yesterday, just waiting for the 2nd seat adaption which should arrive today and then I am putting the first lots of washing on. I have got nappies and cotton wool and stuff in the draw all ready. Hadn't even thought about my hospital bag yet but will do that next week probably or depending on today's results.

I have another growth scan and hospital today, midwife wasn't happy at my 31week appt as was measuring at 29cm still and then when I went for a scan to check growth they weren't happy but I was scanned last thing in the day and was rushed out of the door with only the plan to rescan but as that was the Thursday before Christmas and all the bank holidays I have been in limbo.

Sorry to hear your results Bethany. If you ever need to talk, let me know as my daughter had IGUR. X

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lura I keep wondering that too. Ill be totally fine if its a girl but if its a boy then the poor love will be stuck with white or baby pink sleepsuits and vests until we buy some blue things!

Does your daughter understand whats happenng? How old will she be?xx
She will be 3 at the end of March. She understands there is a baby in my tummy and that baby has got their room and baby things but the full scale Im not sure she realises yet haha.
How old is your daughter?
I know the feeling... this poor bubs has got mainly neutral clothes until they are born Im afraid.

Oh bless her! It must be so odd for them to understand. My two will be 4 and 2yrs 3 months when this one comes along. My 4 yr old kind knows whats happening and was quite good when my youngest was born. She's also used to not being the baby of the family and having to play by herself etc. The 2yr old couldn't be more opposite and whilst she is very obsessed with babies and dollies, she's going to be so shocked at the realities of a newborn and not being the baby of the family. I think she's going to take it quite badly!

Good luck with the scan kimmy! i hate it when they worry you then leave you in limbo!!

Sorry to hear your results Bethany. If you ever need to talk, let me know as my daughter had IGUR. X

Awww really?
Was you induced early?
Was she ok after?
I ended up beind induced at 38 weeks which resulted in a section as she wasnt a happy bunny. But she was absolutely fine, they thought she might need special baby care but she came out screaming and pink and was just a little 5lb 7lbs and no after problems. :)

Good luck Prash! Hope it all goes well. How far along are they planning on inducing you?
My husband used to be in the navy and has a big sturdy navy holdall which fits everything and he can carry it on his back. Its so handy albeit very ugly.

They are planning to induce me at/after 38 weeks. Quite anxious as to whether this will be normal or c section. I prefer normal delivery but not sure wats going to happen. I will be asking for epidural though as I'm quite nervous

Kimmy- I hope it all goes well for you good luck dear

Oh wow Prash! So is that only a week away?? Hopefully it'll be a straight forward induction with no need for section.xx

Hi everyone! How are you all feeling? I'm 35+6 days now, a week left at work still and finding the commute hard now.

I wanted to find out if any of you were planning on using a tens machine? This is my first baby so not sure if it's worth buying one. I've read good things and think I will buy one as oppose to hire one but not sure which one.

Happy new year everyone! Hope you all had lovely Christmases! Mine was a lovely quiet one thankfully! Finished up at work yesterday, using annual leave until 30th Jan and the onto mat leave. So glad as I am feeling so uncomfortable, especially on the commute. Belly is really tight and movements are really uncomfortable, particularly at the top. My hemorrhoid came back with a vengeance a couple of weeks ago so I'm frantically trying to get on top of it before baby comes! Have made a start on hospital bag and going to start washing all her clothes now I'm off work. Still need to buy a fair bit though. How is everyone feeling about the birth? I am starting to get nervous!!

Hi everyone! How are you all feeling? I'm 35+6 days now, a week left at work still and finding the commute hard now.

I wanted to find out if any of you were planning on using a tens machine? This is my first baby so not sure if it's worth buying one. I've read good things and think I will buy one as oppose to hire one but not sure which one.

I've got a tens machine. Heard they work well in labour if you put it on early and increase as the contractions do.

Had my Doppler scan done today which showed the umbilical cord to be fine again! Booked back in for another growth scan on Thursday and if she hasn't grown sufficiently they will be inducing me early if the growth is fine then they will keep me monitored closely until 37 weeks then it's my decision whether to bring her early or keep her in under close monitoring

Ah Bethany, it sounds like you are having such a worrying time at the moment, how are you feeling about it all? Sending a virtual hug to you x

Glad to hear the doppler was good today Bethany. I'll be keeping everything crossed your scan shows good growth! What a worry for you. How soon would they induce? Have they given you any steroid shots or anything?

Pinkbunny, sorry to hear your hemmaroids have come back!! I hope they clear up soon.

One month today and my new son or daughter will be born!! That's only 31 days to go max. That's no time at all!! Having said that neither daughter have made it past 38+5 so I'll be very surprised and happy if this baby goes all the way to 39 weeks. Fingers crossed it does!!x

Glad to hear the doppler was good today Bethany. I'll be keeping everything crossed your scan shows good growth! What a worry for you. How soon would they induce? Have they given you any steroid shots or anything?

Pinkbunny, sorry to hear your hemmaroids have come back!! I hope they clear up soon.

One month today and my new son or daughter will be born!! That's only 31 days to go max. That's no time at all!! Having said that neither daughter have made it past 38+5 so I'll be very surprised and happy if this baby goes all the way to 39 weeks. Fingers crossed it does!!x

If she hasn't grown she just said it will be quicker but if she has grown they will monitor and decide what's best but by 37 weeks it's my choice all the stress is getting to me now I think I'd rather have her in front of me then stressing over if she's okay all the time and not steroid shots but they've mentioned quite a few times everything depends on thursdays appointment and the results

I would feel the exact same hun. Good luck for Thursday! I had to have steroid shots with my youngest and she was born at 37+4 weeks. I think they just do it as a precaution to babies born during a planned birth before 39/40 weeks. Just to make sure the lungs are mature. They're just so painful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back