Diary of an IVFer

wow Helen 2 Race for lifes??
Wow! Proud of you!!!

xox

Hiya Helen

Hope your Dr's letter RE Funding does the trick - Rambling or not lol! - Use of much of mine as you want - If it gets you even partial funding it will be worth it!

Hows the treatment going at the moment? Still waiting on AF to get started on the stimms? - What are you using to stim? - I was on 2 amps of Menopur.

OMG Two Race for lifes? :shock: :shock: :shock: - You must be VERY fit!

Friday

Grrrrr.... from fertility friend re my temps....

Your ovulation day was moved from Cycle Day 18 to Cycle Day 23.

Damn! :evil: That means IVF start date also moves back 5 days. How frustrating!! Now looking at Wednesday 13th Sept to start and another 37 day cycle this month.

Rachel, I will be on Puregon for stimming, though not really thought that far ahead yet!

H

xx

P.S. You don't have to be very fit to do Race for Life! :lol:

Hi Helen, I've just been reading your posts and wanted to say how fantastic you are going through what your having to go through AND writing all down for the rest of us to read - I had no idea there was so much involved before you even get to the egg collection. I wish you all the very best of luck and will say a prayer it all works out for you.

Saturday am

Had a bad evening last night. I've had a pretty hectic week at work and things are going round in my mind about that. Had this feeling that I might be coming down with something too and this is pretty much the worst time I want to be feeling like that! :shock:

I've got quite a busy weekend, although it's pretty much all social but I'm struggling to fit it all in and don't want to let anyone down. Off in a bit to do the hours drive to where I used to live so that I can get my hair done.... :oops: ...yes, I know what you're thinking, but I've been with her 13 years and I just can't and don't want to change. It's like visiting a friend! Then off to see another friend for lunch, then back home again to prepare dinner for some friends we haven't seen in ages. Up in the morning to go running and then delivering some leaflets around the village for the community day next weekend. Phew! Then was supposed to be out last night helping get prepared for the community weekend.

Threw a bit of tearful lunatic type wobbler last night and had a really good blub on OH. As usual, he was brilliant, although he didn't quite get that I didn't mean that I wanted to put a stop to the IVF, I just wanted to get across to him that I'm pretty frightened about it. What if it doesn't work? What if I go to pieces? What effect will the drugs have on me? What if I just balloon through all the hormones? Fear of the unknown really.

Anyway he wouldn't let me mope and feel sorry for myself and dragged me out to the community thingymabob and I had a great time. It gives much such a warm feeling doing stuff like that, even though everyone is about 20 years older than us! :lol: Can't wait to introduce my Nan to the vicar next weekend, she'll be so proud of her atheist granddaughter! :rotfl:

H

xx

Hiya Helen

Sorry to read you're not feelin well - I felt like i was coming down with something when I was down regging too - Sort of tired, achey and fluey. I wonder if it's a side effect from the drugs? :hug:

I can totally relate to the fear of the unknown you are feeling - You might want to take a peek at my IVF diary - I worried loads more than you! lmao
http://www.may-b-baby.co.uk/bbv2/bbBoar ... gtid=56936

Anyway, hope you have a good weekend - Sounds like its going to be a busy one!

Hey Helen,

I'm a newbie - I just joined today - and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your story with us - it really is an amazing journey you are on. I'm thinking of you and will be following your progress.

I wish you the best of luck and baby dust. Have you read The Baby Trail and other books by Sinead Moriarty (sp?) - very good, light hearted view of a young female and her hubbie going through infertility, IVF, adoption and pregnancy - maybe no good at the moment - I don't know - but there are 3 books in total, all fiction - but I just thought of them when I read your story.

Love

valentine xxx

Monday

Having a pretty ok day today.

Rachel, I read your diary from start to finish. Fascinating! :D I was so impressed by the way you coped with the negative result at the end. You were so brave. What happened to your little frosties? Do you still have them?

Went to hairdressers on Saturday. She is expecting her first IVF appointment next week so is pretty nervous. She's still giving a lot of thought to adoption which I think is fantastic. I hope if we come to that, that we are able to approach it with the same open heart that she does.

Also saw another mate of mine who is still with this man in his late 50s who has had the snip. She's really unhappy with him and so broody. Isn't it hard when you can see what needs to be done from the outside but can't really do anything to help. I've known her for 20 odd years so if the phone goes and she needs me, I'll be there like a shot.

H

xx

Hey Valentine. Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I've not read those books although I have heard of them. My Mum picked up a book called "Pink for Girls" which was really helpful for both of us.

BTW really chuffed to see I've had more than 2000 hits on my diary.

Thank you all for being interested and caring.

H

xx

Hiya Helen

Helen said:
Monday

Having a pretty ok day today.

Rachel, I read your diary from start to finish. Fascinating! :D I was so impressed by the way you coped with the negative result at the end. You were so brave. What happened to your little frosties? Do you still have them?

No we don't have our "Snow Babies" anymore - We kept them for a year because I couldn't bear the thought of "disposing" with them....but in the end we signed them over to the clinic, It was a hard decision to make, but ultimately we have decided that we won't be doing IVF again. If we are lucky enough to have another baby without any help, that would be amazing - But if not, Ky is enough for us.
I coped with my negative result by throwing myself into prepartion for a FET cycle - Which was only going to cost around £600 so we could afford to do it straight away - But as luck had it, we didn't need the FET!
Here you go, if you want to follow the whole saga! lmao You might need a few spare hours though! :roll:
http://www.may-b-baby.co.uk/bbv2/bbBoar ... gtid=65767

http://www.may-b-baby.co.uk/bbv2/bbBoar ... gtid=66298

Any sign of AF?

Sniff :cry:

Wow Rachel! I've been in absolute floods reading your posts. What an amazing story. :hug:

No sign of AF, but I reckon I've got another week to go yet anyway. :bored:

H

xx

Rachel that's amazing!!!

Helen, I'm still keeping everything crossed for you hun, hope you can get started soon.

xxxx

Tuesday

Had one of those real loved up moments last night. OH and I snuggled up in bed. He whispered he loved me. You know when you get that huge wave of love for someone. He's an amazing man, I'm soooo lucky to have him. (sorry if this is a bit :puke: )

Worked at home today. I'm finding it really helpful to keep me chilled out and calm. Going to try to do it once a week as we go on through the cycle.

Am now having these irrational thoughts. "Maybe I'll get PG this month", "Maybe we won't need IVF"....er...Doh! :wall: You can't stop that hope for a miracle. :pray:

H

xx

Thats a great sucess story Rachael and im glad you have got a little boy now to love and to cherish. You must be so proud.

I think your diary is very brave and an inspiration to all others going through IVF and infertility. i really hope and look forward to hearing when you get your well earned BFP, Helen. x

I am on my second course of Clomid and they are making me feel spaced out :shock: but i am determined to stick to them. i would love to hear of any sucess stories from Clomid chicks. I know LauraB has just got her BFP recently. :cheer:

Thursday

Tum-te-tum-te-tum :bored: *drums fingers on desk*

C'mon, c'mon!!!

This time next week I should be nicely injected and nicely hormonal for the Leeds meet on the Saturday. :D

H

xx

Friday

Was chatting to a guy at work with a 6 week old baby son today. He was telling me how his son had spent 5 minutes just smiling away at him this morning. He's not a particularly emotional guy but he was just lit up when he was talking about it. I want that soooo bad for us.

H

xx

Helen said:
Friday

Was chatting to a guy at work with a 6 week old baby son today. He was telling me how his son had spent 5 minutes just smiling away at him this morning. He's not a particularly emotional guy but he was just lit up when he was talking about it. I want that soooo bad for us.

H

xx

aww darling,it will soon happen for you :hug:

Saturday

Bleurgh... :sleep: ...got up at 6am this morning to help set up stands and displays for community weekend we're involved with. http://www.coxleynews.com/cgi-bin/cn.cg ... db_scid=31 Came back intending to have a quick nap and something to eat....an hour and a half later I woke up :shock: :sleep:

Never mind, will need it cos off to see Robbie Williams tonight at Rounday :cheer: :cheer: and likely to be long journey home afterwards trying to get out of Leeds. :roll:

My folks and my Nana are coming over on Sunday to see some of community exhibition stuff.

Righto...best get sorted out and get back there!

H

xx

Sunday

Having a great weekend so far. Loads of people showed up to community day yesterday. :dance: Hoping as many come today too. :pray:

Got chatting with a bloke I've known for a couple of years, probably in his mid-50s. He was telling me about his children and it emerged that they were adopted. So we got talking about adoption and how they went through it because IVF wasn't an option back then. He was really positive about his experiences and it made me feel better than I have previously about the idea, if we decide to take that route one day.

Went to see Robbie last night. :cheer: As brilliant as ever, lots of bouncing done by me and OH. :lol: 8)

H

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back