Fertility Clinic Appointment

xxsammyxx

Reaction score
Well we were supposed to attend an appointment with OH's doctor (2.5 hours travelling time away) but he was unable to make the early appointment which i wasn't very happy about to say the least BUT he has called a fertility clinic near our area today and booked us in for an appointment on February 9th. They have told us to bring with us all the test results we have had done and the sperm analysis and will talk us through IVF/ICSI (we had all our tests done at a clinic in Spain) and then we will take it from there. We know OH has male factor infertility issues as he has a low sperm count. Soooo... it looks like we will be able to get cracking with IVF/ICSI very soon!!!! :cheer:

That's fantastic news!! Hope they're very helpful and get you on your way to a bfp very soon.

Good luck hun & keep us posted on how things go :hug:

Thats great news for you both good luck. :cheer:

Dh and I have got our 1st ever fertility clinic app in feb and not sure what will happen ( bit scared actually ) we have been told to take any medication we use with us and the confirmation letter also my dr said be ready as I will have to endure a bit of poking and proding which I dont mind as long as it helps but just unsure how the whole process works.

Would appreciate some info or advice or should be I posting on the fertility issues part of forum?

Good luck I really hope this works for you, my heart goes out to you all having to go through this.

I hope it brings you your bfp in 2009

LouF said:
Thats great news for you both good luck. :cheer:

Dh and I have got our 1st ever fertility clinic app in feb and not sure what will happen ( bit scared actually ) we have been told to take any medication we use with us and the confirmation letter also my dr said be ready as I will have to endure a bit of poking and proding which I dont mind as long as it helps but just unsure how the whole process works.

Would appreciate some info or advice or should be I posting on the fertility issues part of forum?

Hi, well when we went to the clinic we spoke about IVF and ICSI and then OH had his sperm analysis test. On the second visit i had an internal ultrasound to check my tubes, ovaries and womb etc. The rest of the blood tests I had at the local GP's as otherwise I would have had to pay the clinic to do it (we were going private at the time as they are so slow with the normal doctors in Spain) Thats about it really... when you have had all the tests they will assess you as to whether you can have IVF (depending on the results and if you need it)

Hope this helps... if you want to know anything more just ask :hug:

Hi Sammy, :wave:

Bit of thecno phobe not sure how to paste bits like the others will learn soon ha ha!

Anyway dh has had sperm count test with dr via hosp in 08 and we had 1 crap and 1 perfect, dr said crap one was due to us getting there too slow ( bloody traffic) and too cold but that we should go on the good result also I had 21 day bloods in 08 was meant to have 3 but after 2 dr said not to bother with the last one as was ovulating really good and he seemed pos that we would concieve naturally. |To no avail thought I was preg 2 weeks ago as had loads of symptoms that have never had in the 2yrs ttc but the witch got me dr said I could have been but has now refered us feel glad something is being done at last.
Do you think we will have the 21day and sperm tests again or not? Not prob if we have to just wondering?

Sending you lots of luck and a large sprinkle of babydust. I hope that your appointment goes well.

LouF said:
Hi Sammy, :wave:

Bit of thecno phobe not sure how to paste bits like the others will learn soon ha ha!

Anyway dh has had sperm count test with dr via hosp in 08 and we had 1 crap and 1 perfect, dr said crap one was due to us getting there too slow ( bloody traffic) and too cold but that we should go on the good result also I had 21 day bloods in 08 was meant to have 3 but after 2 dr said not to bother with the last one as was ovulating really good and he seemed pos that we would concieve naturally. |To no avail thought I was preg 2 weeks ago as had loads of symptoms that have never had in the 2yrs ttc but the witch got me dr said I could have been but has now refered us feel glad something is being done at last.
Do you think we will have the 21day and sperm tests again or not? Not prob if we have to just wondering?

If you click on the "quote" button at the bottom of the persons answer this will add the message into yours... if that makes sense!!!! :think:

I havent actually had 21 day blood tests done yet, its the only ones I havent had done... think OH just needs his hormone blood test done as well so i guess they might do these but they will be really quick anyway. I wouldnt have thought that they will ask you t have them done again and since you have had 2 SA tests probably not them either. We may be asked to have another SA test as we have only had one done but it was really poor so i cant see it improving to be honest. I do OPK's every month and always have a strong positive and i can feel myself ovulating as well so i dont think there is a problem with me. I had an internal and both ovaries had good blood flow and 9 or 10 follicles on one ovary and 4-5 on the other (which was not quite as strong) We have been trying for 21 cycles (although 3 of those we didnt TTC as OH was out of the country) I hope we get some results soon :hug:

Hi Hun :wave:
Fab news you must be so excited at least you have a few weeks now to prepare yourself vitamins etc
before your appointment :) and this clinic is not so far away so thats a good thing

I forgot to ask you last time we spoke .. Has you dh ever been given tamoxifen tablets by doctor ??
all patients with low sperm counts or problems etc are given tamoxifen which is good for the sperm
helps to rebuild new sperm making them healthy and stronger ..
My dh was given 3 mths course of thesa before we was offered ivf but he was taking them
during the 3 iui i was given they helped his sperm count when they compared the new and
old tests so am wondering wether its worth asking your doctor about this cause while your
waiting for icsi he could be on this treatment helping to get good sperm for icsi and who knows
you could even have success by yourself ttc while your waiting for icsi
Good luck hun :hug:

Hi WFAM... no, he has never been prescribed these but it would be a good idea while preparing for ICSI. What sort of vitamins should i be taking in the run up to ICSI? Does OH have to take anything else apart from Tamoxifen? As you can see there is still so much we dont know in order to prepare for this :doh:

If you click on the "quote" button at the bottom of the persons answer this will add the message into yours... if that makes sense!!!! :think:

I havent actually had 21 day blood tests done yet, its the only ones I havent had done... think OH just needs his hormone blood test done as well so i guess they might do these but they will be really quick anyway. I wouldnt have thought that they will ask you t have them done again and since you have had 2 SA tests probably not them either. We may be asked to have another SA test as we have only had one done but it was really poor so i cant see it improving to be honest. I do OPK's every month and always have a strong positive and i can feel myself ovulating as well so i dont think there is a problem with me. I had an internal and both ovaries had good blood flow and 9 or 10 follicles on one ovary and 4-5 on the other (which was not quite as strong) We have been trying for 21 cycles (although 3 of those we didnt TTC as OH was out of the country) I hope we get some results soon :hug:[/quote]

Pressed quote and deleted my bit lets see if it work!!
Sounds good for you hun and hopefully you can get OH sorted too. Not sure on the vitamins side I take sanatogen pro natal its one big vit tab with everything in it and an omega3 capsule. DH takes none now (wish he did all helps ) when we had crap result I got him on 25mg of zinc, vit E with selenium and high dose vit C all recommended by Holland and Barrat.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back