Shell's TTC Diary - *IVF/ICSI* - BFP!!!!

Ill Again!!

I have been ill again since Friday. It started as a cough which i still have, then came the cold and sore throat. Yesterday i was headachy and my face was burning up, my body was freezing one minute, hot the next. Feel a little better today, although still not right. I've done absolutely nothing for the last few days except lie on the sofa, just hope its gone soon as i'm meant to be going to London on Friday to see The Snowman.

I dont know if its allowed, but i had some buttercup syrup. My stomach and ribs were so sore from coughing i had to give in and take something. It doesn't seem to have anything mediciney in the ingredients so i dont see why it would be a problem. The active ingredients are squill (a plant i think) and capsicum (pepper?). I've only taken the childs dose as well just in case and i'm sure its ok for such a short time.

I'm just fed up of feeling so rubbish!!!

Michelle x

Christmas 2008

We went back to our parents for christmas. Its so weird to think that this was our last christmas as just the two of us. We had loads of stuff from DH's parents for the baby on top of all the presents they bought us. His mom put a really sweet note in the bag of baby presents, saying:

"This is just a little note from Nanny & Grandad to say cant wait to see you and give you lots of hugs and kisses. Have given Mummy & Daddy a few things to open for you until your birthday. So keep snug, will see you soon"

They also gave us £300 to go towards the pram, my mom is giving us the other half. I cant believe how generous everyone is being...my mom has already bought us loads of stuff.

I just cant wait for baby to arrive now!! :D

x

4D Scan - 27.12.08 & the start of 3rd Tri!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

We had the 4D scan yesterday. It was really good, but also a little weird that we were actually looking at our baby...and could see a face!! Our moms also loved it. We got some good pictures, but the cord was going down the middle of baby's face which kept obscuring the images a little. Also baby was being very lazy and snoozed through most of the scan except for moving its arm up to block one half of its face, and then bringing its feet up to get in the way too. We had to cover our eyes at the start just in case we found out the sex, but baby had its legs tightly crossed so we wouldn't have seen anyway! We got a DVD and loads of pictures. I think it looks like it has DH's mouth and my nose from the pictures but we will have to wait and see now.

Here are a few of the pictures

Yawning

Chubby Face! (You can see the cord over its face here, but i like it because it looks so chubby and you can see its arm & hand)

Smiling

After the scan we ordered our pram :cheer: We chose the skate pram from mamas and papas but I’ve since read a few bad reviews of it on the internet, so now I’m not sure. :? Also we picked the fudge colourway but now I’m not sure if I want that colour! :wall:

I like the purple but the inside has a flower pattern on it so I think it will be too girly if we have a boy. If we do decide to stick with skate then I think i want to change the order to the denim one.

We also bought a moses basket :cheer: It was half price so a bargain!

Its starting to feel very real now.....i'm going to have to start thinking about scary things like the birth soon! :shock: :eek:

Michelle x

New Years Eve

The quietest new year we have ever had i think! But the most enjoyable for me, as i spent the entire night ordering everything baby related we need!

During the day we went to cribbs causeway in Bristol, with the idea that we would buy everything we need. But we just ended up walking around the shops with my list feeling overwhelmed by the choice! All we came home with was some pyjamas for me. But i did get to see the pram we've ordered again and have decided to stick with the fudge one, so at least that has put my mind at rest. When we got home, i went through my list and ordered everything online and it was so much easier and less confusing. Everything has been arriving this week and its great. We're starting to get our smallest bedroom clear of all our moving boxes finally and DH has set up the wardrobe in there....i cant wait for the cot to arrive at the end of january now. I will post pictures when it is a bit more sorted, although we are not buying any bedding etc until we know what color we need so it wont actually be finished til baby is here.

Midwife 7.1.09

Went to midwife yesterday. All is well. Finally found out some info about antenatal classes, although i dont think i'll be able to go as DH is working away so i cant get to them as i dont drive. :( She said i shold go to the February ones but i'm going to find out about going to the March ones instead, it might be leaving it a little late but i would like to go if possible.

I noticed in my notes my bump measured 27 this time but i was 2 days off 29 weeks. Last time it was exactly right for the date, i dont know if this is a problem or not, she didn't comment on it so i guess its ok.

She had a feel to see how baby is lying and said she could feel it squirming under her hands! She told me where she could feel its foot, head and bum!

I asked her about homebirths as it still something thats on my mind. I would really like one, the only worry i have is the distance we are from the hospital, its abot 25-30 mins drive away. It would obviously be quicker in an amblance, but the ambulance has also get to our house first. I really dont like the thought of hospital, i like being in my own home and i'm thinking that i would be more relaxed at home and hopefully this will help me deal with the pain better. Anyway, i could tell by the look on her face that she was going to try to put me off. She said that out of 12 women that had choose to have a home birth in our area only 2 successfully delivered at home. Now to DH who isn't as keen on the idea as me, that sounds like 10 babies died or had difficulties. But she then goes on to say that some went over due and had to be induced (meaning they never even ended up trying to have a homebirth!), some wanted more pain relief so decided to go to hospital, and the others got transfered to hospital for one reason or another. She then said a homebirth isn't ideal for your first baby as you dont know what the pain is like and what kind of pain relief you will need. But i had read in the NCT birth book i bought that a first baby is ideal for a homebirth as everything usually happens a lot slower, therefore if there is a problem there is more time to transfer you to hospital. So i'm now none the wiser about what to do! DH had read about a 'homely birth', where you make the hospital feel more like home with candles and music etc. He really liked the sound of that as it felt like a compromise between what the 2 of us want, the midwife just laughed when he mentioned it! :( She said we need to see the hospital for what it is, its very clinical. We should stay at home for as long as possible and go to the hospital at the last minute, push the baby out and go home a few hours after. I'm considering choosing a homebirth, and seeing how bad the pain is when labour starts as i can always decide to go to hospital if i cant cope.

Bump @ 28 Weeks

Michelle x

Thanks Buddabun! :hug:

Bump Update:

30+3

Doctors tomorrow evening for 30 week antenatal appointment, so will be back with an update after that.

Michelle x

Oooops.....forgot to come back on and update after the doctors 2 weeks ago!

Sarafet - Thank you for the bump comment! :D

Doctors Appointment - 21/1/09 - 30+5

All ok. Still measuring a couple of weeks under,but GP didn't seem concerned. Nothing much to report...was a very short appointment!

Midwife Appointment - 4/2/09 - 32+5

Measuring 30 weeks, midwife said that was fine though. Listened to heartbeat, but baby was very wriggly and kept fidgeting under the doppler! The midwife couldn't believe how much it was moving. It is still head down with its bum to the right and its feet to the left...which explains why i get lots of pokes in my left! She said i shouldn't worry about not being able to go to my antenatal classes (DH is away and i cant get there myself) as i'm not missing much. Her advice is to keep active and off the bed as much as possible. Also said not to deliver on the bed...all fours is best :shock: She said most people have that reaction but once your in labour you really dont care! She was a lot nicer this time and i have started to like her a lot more. She has said that she'll work through the information i would get at the antenatal classes bit by bit at each appointment with her, which i thought was nice. DH wants me to order a DVD called Birthwise that we saw in a pregnancy magazine. It is meant to be like an antenatal class but in your own home, so i'm going to try that. At least it will be better than nothing. Am going to start my birth plan this week, although i have been saying that for a few weeks now but just cant seem to get started.

x

Ooooh Buddabun....just noticed your ticker!! Congratulations!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Michelle x

i can't believe you're 32 weeks now :shock: this is the fastest pregnancy ever :lol: (probably not for you though haha.)

so glad everything is going smoothly, and i didn't take much from antenatal either, if you browse around 3rd tri, you'll find out a lot from there :) my birth plan went out the window within minutes btw :lol:

lots of love xxx

Its actually gone quite fast for me too, although time seems to be slowing down now! :wall: I've heard a lot of people say that once they were in labour their birth plan was forgotton, so i'm not expecting it to go to plan really......i'm terrified of an epidural and really dont want on, but i bet i'll be begging for one as soon as i arrive at the hospital!! :lol: :lol: I think i'm just writing it for the sake of writing one, it makes it feel more real and i can dream that i'm going to have the perfect birth! :D

x

Ooooh you're TTC!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Good luck, hope it doesn't take too long and you have a BFP soon. :pray:

x

shellbham said:
Ooooh you're TTC!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Good luck, hope it doesn't take too long and you have a BFP soon. :pray:

x

thankyou sweetie :hug:

i kept thinking my birth would be perfect too, it wasn't bad being honest :D you'll breeze through it because you know what you're getting at the end :cheer:

xxx

I can't believe baby Shell is nearly here!!!! 33 weeks that's flown by. :shock: I remember you starting this diary, it's been so lovely to read. Can't wait for baby Shell's diary. So pleased for you. I'm sure you'll have a great labour.

Trudy - OMG! Talk about time flying.....same goes for you! :lol: 17 weeks already!

Updated Bump Picture

33 Weeks exactly - am i any bigger? I can never tell.......I feel huge at the moment but when i take a photo i always think it looks the same as before!! :?

x

what a gorgeous neat bump hun. i have bump envy xx :cheer:

oooooh your bump is lovely shell, defo a difference from the last pic!! :hug:

OMG I didn't even notice!! :shock: :shock: :shock: 44 days! Thats not long at all!!!

Thanks for the lovely bump comments, i think i can tell a slight difference to the last one. It looks a bit rounder. I think i'm just worrying about whether i've grown as i keep measuring smaller than my dates.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back