Diary of an IVFer

Thanks for sharing again Helen, I have everything crossed for you!!!

Hi

I've got to go in for regular blood tests. One tomorrow, one Monday, one Friday and one the following Tuesday in case of OHSS.

It'll take 2 weeks before we know the results. We have to go into hospital for the test. They tend to frown on HPT because all the hormones can give a false positive.

This is going to be the longest 2ww in history!

H

xx

P.S. I am thinking thick!! :lol:

Hi, not posted on this thread before but have been following your journey. I really hope all goes well for you and your OH. Good luck for tomorrow. Sending you a ship load of super glue and a huge :hug: . I bet these next 2 weeks will feel like an eternity for you both :( , good opportunity to do absolutely nothing but rest and be waited on :wink:
All the best, will be thinking of you tomorrow
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Day 30 of IVF Cycle
Day of Embryo Transfer (not)

Got up this morning expecting to do embryo transfer (ET). Had bath as instructed, definitely feeling brighter today than yesterday. I still have that feeling as though someone has kicked me in the stomach though. Thankfully it no longer hurts to pee.

Got to hospital around 9.30 for 10am appointment with nurse and 10.30 appointment for ET. I was swigging away on my water because you need a full bladder for the ET. Had blood test with nurse as planned at 10am. They don't have any results back from my bloods yet but she seems to think I am doing fine and wee measuring results are good so far (except I drink too much).

At 10:30, a bloke in the waiting room got up to ask how long Saddam was going to be. They were obviously there for ET too but their appointment was 10am and his partner was getting a bit panicky about how full her bladder was. On hearing this I started to get a bit fidgety too and wished I hadn't drunk quite so much! They got taken through at 10.30 so I sat there psyching myself up to last another half hour. They do say that if you are too full you can go and release some. I really don't know how anyone does that. Once I've started, that's it. No stopping me!! :lol: :shock:

At 11am an embryologist comes and collects us and takes us into another room. At this point, my heart totally stops. It can't be good news, maybe none of them made it. My world started falling in.

Apparently they couldn't decide which embryos to put back in. All 9 are progressing. They are expecting them to be at 4 cells at this point. We have:
1 at 6 cells
1 at 5 cells
3 at 4 cells
3 at 3 cells
1 at 2 cells.

They want to leave them another 24 hours to see which are the front runners because it's not possible to tell yet. OH and I are looking at her all confused. Is this good or bad news? Apparently it's becomming more common to do day 3 transfers now and we may even have some for freezing tomorrow depending on how they go overnight. So essentially, it's good news.

Weird anti-climax and OH is stressing because he's missed loads of work this week and has a big project that is running behind. This means more time off work for him.

So today actually turns out to be Day before Embryo Transfer... You should've seen me sprint to the bathroom!!

sorry it didnt happen today for you hun all sounding good though :pray:
good luck for 2moro will be thinking of you xxxxxxx

Sorry it didn't happen today Helen... Best of luck for tomorrow!!

xxx

how frustrating!! i feel for you as it is really a bit of a let down even though it is only a day, you are being very strong, I would have been in floods!

Well, good luck for tomorrow and again - think thick! :hug:

Day 31 of IVF Cycle
Day of Embryo Transfer

We're going in at 12.30 for the transfer (hopefully) [-o<

I just wanted to say something about the other person involved in this... my OH. I think it's so easy for the bloke to get completely ignored and shoved aside during this. All the focus is on the woman and very little on the bloke, yet he's required to produce his sample on demand, cope with one seriously hormonal and miserable woman, sit through the egg collection which must have been horrendous for him and then stick needles in me. That said, he says he does get some pleasure from sticking them in my bum! :shock:

Through all this he is expected to carry on working even doing extra hours and do more at home because I'm a bit of a write off. He's had to cope with both his parents being in hospital during this process and trek to hospital with me every 5 minutes.

He's done all this without complaint (well ok, very little complaint) and he's still smiling (just about). There's no way I could have done this without him (aside from the obvious) and there's no-one else in the world I'd consider going through this with other than him. I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to say, except that this man is a total and utter superstar and I am one seriously lucky woman to have him.

H

xx

:cry: ah you bought a tear to my eye! thats so sweet.

good luck for the transfer today x

i think you are right the men do get forgotten, but yours certainly sounds like an angel, good luck today xxx

Day 31 of IVF Cycle
Day of Embryo Transfer - Part 2

I've got them! I have my little ones on board!!! I feel so amazing, it's totally overwhelming!!! Can't stop grinning!!!!! :D :cheer:

We have 4 embryos to freeze too, which is brilliant news. The only slightly disappointing thing is that they will only do one more go not two. The embryologist said that they would defrost all 4 and pick the best two if we need another go.

The remaining 3 embryos are being left a bit longer to see if they catch up. I really hope they do because then they will also get frozen. I hate to think that some of them won't make it. I feel so protective about them, that I feel strange leaving the remaining 7 behind at the hospital.

The two little ones they put in are both 7 cell embryos and are grade one quality which is as a good as things could possibly be for today.

I rung my Mum as soon as I got back from hospital and we both ended up blubbing down the phone. I have tears in my eyes just writing about today.

I am thinking thick and visualising industrial baby glue. This has been one of the most amazing days of my life.

H

xx

Glad it all went well. Sorry havent posted before but been reading your story. I really hope it works for you. Time for the baby glue and relax. are you back at work next week or have you time off.

Hannah XXX

glad it went well! :hug: relax and take good care of yourself x

What an overwhelming day Helen - have everything crossed for you and OH that you will only need this one chance, hope you are posting a BFP very soon. :hug:

Thank you.

I've got a hospital appointment on Monday morning so not back at work till lunchtime. Hopefully out of the office at least Tuesday afternoon if not morning as well doing something fun.

I'm worried it's going to be stressful as I had an email from a colleague today about a dispute we've been having with a member of staff (who happens to be a really good mate of my OH. Tangled webs and all that!). The bosses are suggesting we go through the redundancy process which would be way too stressful for me to handle at the mo. I've got a GP appointment on Wednesday afternoon and I'll get him to sign me off until after my PG test if I'm not happy.

Oh Helen that's fantastic! I have everything crossed for you & really hope everything goes well!

Loads of baby glue!

Wow Helen!! I don't think I've ever been more excited here!YAY!! :cheer:

I'm thinking thick for you too! Hope yours and your OH's little beans find it comfortable in there!

Was browsing thru the ttc buddies, when you found out about your problems.... And now here you are :D

:hug: :hug:

Take care

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back