*******December 2015 and January 2016 mummies and babies *******

My lb got weighed today at 6 weeks and he was 7, 14 pounds... she said he was on the lower side for his length but nothing to be concerned because IT was in proportion to his growth

now I feel concerned !

just been reading through some threads about options & what to do in labour and i've had a glimmer of missing the anticipation of it all! that's weird right? labour isn't fun but i can't help but feel that it was exciting waiting for LO to make an appearance. obviously LO being here is fab as well but it's a much longer wait for exciting things like laughing/crawling/walking/sitting up/talking etc. and in the meantime a lot of my days are rolling into each other- sleeping/crying/feeding/repeat. maybe it's just because we have no plans today/this weekend and LO has been sleeping most of the day making my brain go crazy and think about being pregnant again!

swaddling really makes difference. my lo slept only swaddled. we got a swaddly for her, so it was cool even for summer. sleeping baby = happy mum :)))

just been reading through some threads about options & what to do in labour and i've had a glimmer of missing the anticipation of it all! that's weird right? labour isn't fun but i can't help but feel that it was exciting waiting for LO to make an appearance. obviously LO being here is fab as well but it's a much longer wait for exciting things like laughing/crawling/walking/sitting up/talking etc. and in the meantime a lot of my days are rolling into each other- sleeping/crying/feeding/repeat. maybe it's just because we have no plans today/this weekend and LO has been sleeping most of the day making my brain go crazy and think about being pregnant again!

It's not weird! A lot of people I know are pregnant & I am a little jealous, especially as they are all first babies. I loved being pregnant, I loved experiencing all the little pregnancy milestones for the first time, even the labour. Still we've got so many milestones to reach & I've been blessed with a happy, healthy content boy who has slept through since 9 weeks & only really cries when he is hungry or wants changing. Make the mostof the da ys, I know that they can seem boring but we won't have the luxury of this time with our babies again x

My lb got weighed today at 6 weeks and he was 7, 14 pounds... she said he was on the lower side for his length but nothing to be concerned because IT was in proportion to his growth

now I feel concerned !

If the HV isn't concerned try not to worry. Is he gaining weight? Does he have lots of wet & dirty nappies? How is he fed? Just like adults babies come in all shapes & sizes. As long as he is tracking along his percentile line try not to be too concerned. Also babies may sometimes not always exactly follow the line due to growth spurts etc x

Happy Mother's Day all you lovely December and January mamas! :)

How are we all doing ladies, and how are the babies? I had had two little girny babies tonight but seem much happier now they've had their bottle, speaking of which, I moved them onto size 2 tests a few days ago and getting on much better with feeds. They have their second bout of jags on Monday and I am dreading them after the last time.

Baby massage classes are going well.

Jack was meant to have second set of jabs tomorrow but he still has his bronchiolitis and has developed a rash right across his chest so I've had to cancel them and get them reorganised for when he is better. Otherwise he is a pretty happy baby and he's starting to sleep longer through the night now :D yayyyyyy

We found the 2nd jabs alot better than the 1st. Jack was just a little bit upset when they happened but other than that he seemed fine.

I have been holding out on the medium flow teats but will prob start on them next week when Jack is 3 months. How on earth is he almost 3 months already?

Sorry about your little one monkey - hope he feels better soon.

We are getting a few little laughs now but really have to work for them, he isn't an easy baby to please haha! I feel so lucky to have such a content little boy - he only grisles if hungry or sometimes if he is overtired. He sleeps in his crib from 9-5, sometimes 6. I think he is lulling us into a false sense of security! X

We just got our letter through for our first lot of jabs. It's when my partner is at work so I am going to call to see if they can do it later in the day. I don't think I can hack it alone :(

Any tips for what we should look out for after the jabs ladies?

We just got our letter through for our first lot of jabs. It's when my partner is at work so I am going to call to see if they can do it later in the day. I don't think I can hack it alone :(

Any tips for what we should look out for after the jabs ladies?

Just really keep an eye on their temperature. They will tell you to give 3 doses of calpol which should prevent or bring the temperature down so just monitor it :) chances are you bubs will be just fine, perhaps a just a little girny.

We found the 2nd jabs alot better than the 1st. Jack was just a little bit upset when they happened but other than that he seemed fine.

I have been holding out on the medium flow teats but will prob start on them next week when Jack is 3 months. How on earth is he almost 3 months already?

Sorry about your little one monkey - hope he feels better soon.

We are getting a few little laughs now but really have to work for them, he isn't an easy baby to please haha! I feel so lucky to have such a content little boy - he only grisles if hungry or sometimes if he is overtired. He sleeps in his crib from 9-5, sometimes 6. I think he is lulling us into a false sense of security! X

That's our hours pretty much 9-5. We have had s few nights 10-7 which has been fab but I'll take 9-5 anytime. Last night one of my babies started stirring at 1 after me only going to sleep at 11 and then wouldn't settle again until after 6. It was not good lol.

Sorry if this sounds stupid but what does girny mean?

I've got some Calpol ready! I called to ask for a new time and they said all they could do was give me an appointment 2 weeks later, but it would be passed the 8-10 week window so I'm sticking with the current date and time. Going to ask OH mum to come with me, absolutely dreading it :( The heel prick test had me crying!

Hi ladies. I haven't been on here in such a long time, so apologies if you've already covered this topic.

Do any of your little ones have a set bedtime yet? My LO is starting to become more unsettled in the early evening, I have no idea when she's supposed to have a set bedtime and not just a bedtime routine. Any suggestions would be great! xx

We don't have a set bedtime, but basically try and make sure she has a final bottle before 1am at the very latest (more around 12pm) and then find she sleeps until 5am - 6am. Whether she sleeps before that last bottle depends on her mood on the day and how much she's napped during the day!

My little boy is 3 months today. Currently he goes to bed in his crib about 9.30pm & sleeps until 5 or 6am. He does sleep in the evening before his final feed at 9 for a couple of hours so considering putting him in his crib earlier. I don't like not being in the same room as him for too long though - currently we all get in bed at 9 & wind down before going to sleep. We have followed same routine since he was 3 or 4 weeks x

Girny just means crabit - out of sorts perhaps. Must be a Scottish word lol.

We got our second set of jags on Monday, they were fine just crabit for a day or two afterwards.

My babies go to bed between 9-10 and sometimes sleep through or wake around 5. 5.30 it was today i'm just about to put them back to bed after their bottles.

We are finding that my little guy wants to go to bed earlier.
His bedtime routine is 7pm bath
Then fed and ready for his crib by 8pm 8.15. He cries hard if he goes past this.
Unfortunately it doesn't last, he sleeps until around 2.30 then could feed all night long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back