*******December 2015 and January 2016 mummies and babies *******

I went to the GP last Thursday as I suspected an infection after seeing what I can only describe as a thick-ish cream in one particular section of my scar. Very small amount but there all the same. Generally my scar has healed well but there's one or two areas where there is a touch of redness (literally like a dot), but no pain, no illness, no hot red areas etc that they say to look out for. But when the GP checked he said everything is absolutely fine, there's no infection, no 'holes' (I was paranoid and assumed for something to come out there must be a hole?!), prescribed me an cream that kills bacteria and off I went.

Today, same again. Different place - the place it happened last Thursday seems fine now - but same stuff coming out, same small amount, still no other symptoms. I've been applying the cream and keeping he area clean and dry as possible. I'm not sure whether to go back to GP though if he's just going to look at it and say the same again?!

What would you girls do? Has anyone else had anything like this?

I went to the GP last Thursday as I suspected an infection after seeing what I can only describe as a thick-ish cream in one particular section of my scar. Very small amount but there all the same. Generally my scar has healed well but there's one or two areas where there is a touch of redness (literally like a dot), but no pain, no illness, no hot red areas etc that they say to look out for. But when the GP checked he said everything is absolutely fine, there's no infection, no 'holes' (I was paranoid and assumed for something to come out there must be a hole?!), prescribed me an cream that kills bacteria and off I went.

Today, same again. Different place - the place it happened last Thursday seems fine now - but same stuff coming out, same small amount, still no other symptoms. I've been applying the cream and keeping he area clean and dry as possible. I'm not sure whether to go back to GP though if he's just going to look at it and say the same again?!

What would you girls do? Has anyone else had anything like this?

When did you have your section? When you say small amount what do you mean - size of 5p coin? Bigger/ smaller?

I had an infected c section & had to be readmitted to hospital on Christmas Day for it. My symptoms were:
Yellow/ green oozing - I was advised to wear a clean maternity pad over my wound as it has previously burst (the joy!) & there was a significant amount of discharge.
High temp - excessive sweating & chills - extreme hot & cold flushes
Redness/ heat around area
Pain & tenderness around scar
It was also bulging around the infected area

It was pretty horrible & I think if it was infected you would know. However if it is troubling you then go back to docs as it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Also just to check are you airing your scar? I was advised to lay down with the wound exposed as much as possible just to let it dry out naturally.

5 weeks ago. More like the size of a grain of rice a couple of times throughout the day over the past 48 hours. More cream in colour. None of the other symptoms you mentioned. I have been cleaning the area and applying the cream 3 times throughout the day, and throughout the day several times drying the area with kitchen roll by dabbing the area. It's not excessively moist/sweaty, actually fairly dry most of the time.

Last edited:
hi ladies, how is everyone ? and your little ones? we have first set of injections tomorrow, I am nervous! All ok with my little lady, she is 8 weeks now and smiling lots, it melts my heart :) I have been really ill with kidney stones though so was in hospital for a bit which messed with my breastfeeding a little, luckily we were combi feeding anyway. Does anyone have the perfect prep machine? Do you recommend it if so? If not do you make your bottles up fresh or batch make them? x

SAHF - I had a mild infection. I had very little of the symptoms but after 6 weeks the wound was still tacky and was not leaking lots but was definitely not right. I didn't get a fever until I'd been given the anti biotics but generally the only sign mine was infected was the slight stickyness. If your worried at all honey take ur self back to the docs. Better to be safe than sorry.

Lisa .. I have perfect prep machine and love it. I've used it from day one and find it makes life so easy! Mostly I see really positive comments about it. I always like to make bottles fresh so this is good for me! We had jabs last week.. The new meningitis jab likely to give fever so u have to give calpol immediately... My little man was like a hot box bless him. Good luck with yours.

X X

Last edited:
SAHF - I had a mild infection. I had very little of the symptoms but after 6 weeks the wound was still tacky and was not leaking lots but was definitely not right. I didn't get a fever until I'd been given the anti biotics but generally the only sign mine was infected was the slight stickyness. If your worried at all honey take ur self back to the docs. Better to be safe than sorry.

I'm going to keep an eye on it and if it doesn't stop doing it by Friday morning, I'll call the GP for an appointment. My partner is on lates this week and I don't want to attempt to go alone with LO as it's quiet a walk. But he doesn't work Friday's so if need be he could watch LO and I could get a lift from my dad to get checked out. I'm just hoping it stops like the bit from last week did! I am keeping a close eye on it though and obviously if I think I need to, I'd call before then!

hi ladies, how is everyone ? and your little ones? we have first set of injections tomorrow, I am nervous! All ok with my little lady, she is 8 weeks now and smiling lots, it melts my heart :) I have been really ill with kidney stones though so was in hospital for a bit which messed with my breastfeeding a little, luckily we were combi feeding anyway. Does anyone have the perfect prep machine? Do you recommend it if so? If not do you make your bottles up fresh or batch make them? x

You're not meant to pre-make bottles anymore, it's advised against. Also shouldn't give baby formula that has been in the bottle longer than 2 hours maximum.

We have the prep machine on order - still waiting for it to arrive! At the moment as soon as she starts showing signs of wanting a bottle we boil the kettle ready so it has time to cool for the advised 30 minutes, then make up her feed. That's why we've got the Prep machine coming though, as that does it in 2 minutes opposed to waiting 30 minutes for the kettle to boil and cool!

Our prep machine has been an amazing help, especially through the night. My boys are now sleeping 6-7 hours through the night (mostly) before waking for a feed woohoo.

I batch make bottles. Health visitor advised that we could by doing the following - sterilise all bottles then add boiling water to them to the correct amount. We put the lids on and leave on the kitchen counter - then get formula pots and add your scoops of powder to the pots. When you need a bottle just grab a water and a pot and mix. He gets it room temperature and he has not had any issues. I know that you are meant to add to boiling water to sterilise powder but like I said, HV said it was ok to do it this wat especially for night feeding it is a god send

Our prep machine has arrived, yay!

Went GP this morning and been given antibiotics.

Hi Ladies,
I have been following this thread throughout my pregnancy in the other group and have now been following on here ( was nice to read about you all going through the same things ).
I had my little girl on the 26th of jan and she's been a dream, she has fed well (BF) and slept reasonably well both at night and during the day.. though this week she has changed and is hardly sleeping during the day. Today she literally had one hour max sleep.. she falls asleep at the breast and then when moved she wakes straight back up again..no amount of rocking helps. At night she sleeps 4-5 hours at a time which is great but its just in the day I cant get anything done and always seem to be consoling her! Have any of you had this problem at this stage? xx

Hi Ladies,
I have been following this thread throughout my pregnancy in the other group and have now been following on here ( was nice to read about you all going through the same things ).
I had my little girl on the 26th of jan and she's been a dream, she has fed well (BF) and slept reasonably well both at night and during the day.. though this week she has changed and is hardly sleeping during the day. Today she literally had one hour max sleep.. she falls asleep at the breast and then when moved she wakes straight back up again..no amount of rocking helps. At night she sleeps 4-5 hours at a time which is great but its just in the day I cant get anything done and always seem to be consoling her! Have any of you had this problem at this stage? xx

I recommend downloading the wonder weeks app - apparently about 4.5 and 5.5 weeks they are going through a developmental stage so it makes them more clingy and wanting to feed more/suckle at the breast more. Could be what you are experiencing! I think their first leap is realising that they are not in the womb anymore :p

We are having the same 'problem' at the moment! My LO is getting very little sleep during the day, but sleeping for 5 or more hours at night. I think the day time naps will pick up again after this development phase. Hopefully!

My babies nap very very shortly throughout the day, like 20 minutes here or there. I find if I swaddle them in their shawls they sleep longer.

Thank you girls, she has been sleeping lots today so it must of been a growth spurt with feeding all the time.. crazy how every day is different and you worry about something else!

My LO has slept more today too - I'm dreading the night now as I reckon she won't sleep well ha!

It's amazing how our little babies are developing their own wee traits and personalities now. What have you noticed your little one to be like?

Jack is such a strong willed wee boy even at 11 weeks. He knows exactly what he wants and gets so frustrated if he doesn't get it. He loves cuddles but it gets to a point where he just wants to lie in the dark in his basket and goes right to sleep. He also finds you counting to 3 the funniest thing in the world.

We are getting lots and lots of smiles now. One of my twins is the happy, cheery one and the smaller of the two is the one with the temper lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back