*******December 2015 and January 2016 mummies and babies *******

Has anyone had their second set of jabs yet? We are fast approaching jacks second round of jabs in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it. The first set were really bad for us and I'm hoping he isn't going to have the same reaction with his 2nd set.

Hi monkey. We just had our first set today. Awful fever and a very unsettled boy as a result. The second ones are apparently not as bad as it doesn't have the meningitis one. Fingers crossed its a better experience for you and baby X X

Not too bad thanks Beanie. We're not in any sort of routine but each day is easier and we have our pattern of doing things. Feeds are easier (mostly formula atm, admittedly, but so long as she's fed that is what matters) and she's sleeping a LOT better.

Our biggest issue was constipation but we have found a trick that works wonders which is an absolute lifesaver. If she seems constipated or hasn't pooed all day, we hold her between our legs, holding onto her thighs and bringing her legs up into a squat position for 30 seconds or so. No word of a lie, within minutes she fills her nappy! Constipation was the only reason she ever became hysterical because she would be so uncomfortable and backed up, so this has been such a lifesaver for us. I can't believe how quickly it works too!

Hi monkey. We just had our first set today. Awful fever and a very unsettled boy as a result. The second ones are apparently not as bad as it doesn't have the meningitis one. Fingers crossed its a better experience for you and baby X X

I thought the second lot of jabs did have the second dose of Men B? My friends little boy had them this week and he had his second Men B dose?

The meningitis jab they get at 8,12 and 12 month - I think that's what I read in the red book.
Daisy had her first set yesterday, Hubby took her in because i couldn't - it was really upset when I had to do Ollys.
She seems better today but was really unsettled and crying last night. I got her down for the night at 8.40 and I went with her aswell thinking we were going to have a bad night and she did really well - I checked her temp when she woke for her feed at 3.30am and it was high so I gave her another dose of calpol and she went straight back down until 7.30 this morning. It's still a little high now so Iv given her some more to try and bring it down but share seems much happier today, very sleepy tho so I'm just letting her sleep it off xx

I got told yest that 1st and 3rd set include the meningitis one. Sorry if I've mislead - that was just my understanding.

My little mans fever lasted until late last night. He was really unsettled but Seems back to normal today. His legs are a mess though really bruised and feel hard where he had the shots X

The new men b jab is def 1st and 3rd, men c is at the 2nd x

Jack has his second set of jabs on 8th. They do not give men b one this time. What with all the news & petition about men b vaccine I feel that we are really lucky that our little ones are getting it.

It's crazy how much my social life (well jacks social life) has improved since becoming a mummy. Thursday is the only day at min that don't have something on! We go baby sensory, nursery rhymes, baby beginnings & will start swimming soon. Also on waiting lists for baby massage & baby peep. It is daunting at first but the majority of people there feel the same way x

I can't get on my local baby massage, gutted :( they said they're booked til June and by then she'll be too old. Trying to decide if I want to pay for one (although oh has just been saying YouTube it)

I can't get on my local baby massage, gutted :( they said they're booked til June and by then she'll be too old. Trying to decide if I want to pay for one (although oh has just been saying YouTube it)

I'd pay for a course, we loved ours and are now doing baby yoga! x

I didn't realise people paid to do baby massage? There's so many tutorials both written/with pictures and videos online. I personally wouldn't pay for it, I've been learning how to do them myself :)

I didn't know baby yoga was even a thing!

Beanie I don't know where you live but have you tried tots play? http://www.totsplay.co.uk/#!/c1atx

I'm doing my baby development course with them, they don't just do massage in the course either, it's baby signing and other stuff too :)

X

Edit: this is what they do:

Running over six weeks the course includes;
· Baby Massage – a simple routine to help you calm, connect and communicate with your baby. Includes specific strokes to help relieve colic and digestive problems.
· Baby Yoga – stretches, poses and movements to both stimulate and soothe baby, and a great way to have fun together.
· Baby Sign Language – how to start using signs to aid communication with your baby.
· Effective Ways To Use Songs and Rhymes – introducing the benefits of music and movement.
· Play Activities to Boost Sensory and Body Awareness – using a variety of everyday items to aid learning.
· Tummy Time Techniques – why tummy time is important and how to make it more effective and fun.
· Cuddles, Smiles, Bubbles and Lots of Fun!

Last edited:
Is that a bit like baby sensory? I want to talk my LO to baby sensory groups in our local town, they always get such good reviews :)

Is that a bit like baby sensory? I want to talk my LO to baby sensory groups in our local town, they always get such good reviews :)

I take my little boy to baby sensory (paid for classes) Thought he would just sleep through but he loves it so much. There is a different theme each week & even I enjoy it lol x

Baby sensory is a bit more playing but still very good, there's one on the other side of town from me that gets booked up in a day but I can't get there anyway, boo!

The development course just focuses on different things like the sign language and massage so you can do them at home (like classes)

I thought the second lot of jabs did have the second dose of Men B? My friends little boy had them this week and he had his second Men B dose?

Yeah we got our appts in for our second set today and they include the meningitis one. I'm dreading them after the first set.

Sorry just reread and it's the men c jag second time so hopefully we don't get the high temps.

We start baby sensory on Tuesday then 6 week reviews that afternoon even though my boys will be 10 weeks.

I'm also going to get booked in for our local daisy classes at the end of March. We're doing good, getting better with sleeping and going 5/6 hours a lot thankfully, I feel semi normal again.

Last edited:
Did any of you December or January ladies have a c-section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back