*******December 2015 and January 2016 mummies and babies *******

Melissa Sian

Reaction score
Hi, I know a few people mentioned in the tri 3 forum about a december 15 thread over here. Thought as I'm awake waiting for a baby to settle at this time might as well do something with my time! So if people would like to join comment babies details and I'll make a list of everyone's DD and DS.

Hope everyone is adjusting to having new babies around!

Any January mummies who would like to join let me know and I'll amend the thread title.

Love to all Melissa x x x

# beanie5 - DD Emma 11/01/16 7lb11.5oz
# becky1 - DS 10/11/15 7lbs3oz
# EllieH - DD Aria 24/01/16 10lb 10oz
# excitednewbie - DD Zaynab 04/01/16
# hello1231 - DS 22/01/16
# keepingitcrossed - DD Holly 19/12/15 6lb9oz
# kellylou - DD Zara 22/01/16
# lisa1985 - DD 01/01/16 8lbs9oz
# lols82 - DS Jude 6lb 2oz DS Anthony 4lb 15oz 22/12/15
# lucylastic - DS 15/12/15
# Melissa sian - DS Elliott John 17/12/15 7lb3oz
# monkey1988 - DS Jack 15/12/25 8lb 1oz
# queenriccy - DD Daisy 31/12/15 6lb 10oz
# SAHF - DD Willow 26/01/16 8lb 8oZ
# tilliewoo - DS Cormack 01/12/15

Last edited:
January mum here! mum to Emma 11/01/16 born 7lbs 11 1/2

having a browse atm as my OH is due to go back to work next week and I'm really nervous about being on my own! he settles her much better than I can and has been doing some night shifts so that I can get some sleep- plus she seems to just scream the place down when I do them :( we had a minor victory last night in that all three of us slept in the bedroom from 3am-9am which was the first time in probably a week since she's refused to settle anywhere other than her travel cot in the living room and i've ended up sleeping on the sofa each night. whenever i try and settle her she goes bonkers for milk which i'm sure is just because she associates me with food rather than being hungry

anyone else just started the sole shifts or just about to? any tips ?!

having a browse atm as my OH is due to go back to work next week and I'm really nervous about being on my own! he settles her much better than I can and has been doing some night shifts so that I can get some sleep- plus she seems to just scream the place down when I do them :( we had a minor victory last night in that all three of us slept in the bedroom from 3am-9am which was the first time in probably a week since she's refused to settle anywhere other than her travel cot in the living room and i've ended up sleeping on the sofa each night. whenever i try and settle her she goes bonkers for milk which i'm sure is just because she associates me with food rather than being hungry

Hello! My little boy was born on 15/12/15. The first couple of weeks were really hard as he just would not be put down at night. Me & hubby took it in shifts to hold him through the night. It will get better it just takes time. We have found that getting a routine going early seems to have helped - we get in bed at same time every night, change nappy, feed, 10 min or so cuddles then into bed. Just keep it really low key so no playing, bright lights, TV etc.

I am lucky as my OH had 6 weeks paternity, lucky really as I had an emergency c section. I have just started the sole shifts & they have been ok so far but I am more than ready to let daddy have a cuddle when he gets in from work! I am same as you & even felt like my baby preferred my oh so him going back to work has been good for me as it shows that I can do it on my own & my baby does settle for me too.

Hi ladies...I'm a January Mum but my son Cormac made an early appearance onto the world Dec 1.
He spent 3 weeks in NICU and we got him home just in time for Santa.
Doing well, I am EBF which was hard to get established with an emergency section, his early arrival and needing to express for 3 weeks.
We have absolutely no routine, which I need to change some of these days.
1st immunisations tomorrow.

I'm an original December mummy who ended up being a Nov mummy. Little man was born 10.11.15 (so long ago now :-( ) 7lb3oz at 36+4 weeks. We are ebf, have no routine and very little sleep but I wouldn't change it for the world :) xx

Well done for setting this up Melissa, you saved me a job :)
My dd was 26/12/15, but had little girl on 1/1/16, she was 8lb 9!
xx

Hi everyone. So nice to hear how everyone gettig on with their bundles of joy!

My DS just amazing. He's 6wks today (where does the time go!) we're FF but still not in established routine of any sort. He'll go anywhere between 2-4 hrs between feeds and through the night although is at least starting to go straight back of to sleep after a feed is still up every 2-3 hrs. He also won't settle initially till well after midnight. Having to get up each morning at 7am for the school run for my DD is proving tough some days! Thank goodness for makeup!!

X x x

Hi. I'm a December mummy too. Holly was due on New Years Eve but arrived on 19 December weighing 6lb 9oz. Luckily she is as good as gold, only cries when she's hungry, but does like to be wide awake at night. xx

Hi just moving over. I had Zara 22md jan x

Hi everyone - I had my little boy Jack on 15/12/15 weighing in at 8lbs 1oz.

We have no routine whatsoever at the moment and daddy has just returned to work which I am finding super difficult already. We've been struggling with an upset boy due to reflux but just been put on new medication which seems to be helping. Have also had a lot of success using Colief.

Can't believe my wee guy is 6 weeks old already and has almost outgrown his moses basket!

Anyone else struggling to get stuff done due to baby just not settling?! I manage the school run but don't get chance to shower first thing. Eventually manage in the middle of the day but then my hair stays in a towel for another few hrs. House is upside down ironing pile getting taller than me. Really frustrated today x

Have you got a sling? It's been great for me as Theo is a snuggly baby and wants to be held all the time (which I love) xx

My lg has colic/reflux also so lots of crying. Lots of crying from me too, hoping it is just baby blues still. She is so cute though. X

i'd give up on the ironing Melissa! i've been trying to keep some household chores done (washing, basic tidying) but thats about as far as it gets! i'm going to try and change my habits to fit in with when LO is definitely conked- usually between about 4/5am-4pm ish (with feeding wakes etc) and shower straight after her morning feed when i'm usually guaranteed 1-2hrs of peace.. will see how well that goes! though i guess thats easier for me to do than you since i don't have any other children

hope you feel better soon Lisa, things will get easier- or so ppl keep telling me!

We downloaded sound sleeper as Dd wouldn't settle in the moses basket and play womb sounds its amazing how quickly she settles. Our mw also said to warm the bed before putting her in it so its not cold on her back.

hey ladies had my little boy on 22nd January ! EBF aswell found IT very hard at the beginning but now getting used to it, It is very time consuming tbh and can be draining when lo decides to feed for 5 minutes then sleep n wake up n want more!

no proper routine except he seems to like to sleep around 1-2ish normally so kinda getting into a routine

Hi ladies hope everyone had a good weekend.

No, I've never liked the idea of a sling. I get a bad back and the thought of carrying little one for long periods worries me! Bought a baby swing (adds had the bright starts one on offer for £40) he seems to like it as long as he goes in settled.

I think I'm gonna visit the gp tomorrow little one getting more and more fractious - reflux defo the problem for him. He comes off his feed and screams for 30mins. Then we have bouts of sickness for the next few hours interspersed with crying/sleeping. It's awful as he was such a happy little boy and gradually getting more and more distressed each day.

On the positive side he seems to be get the hang a hit more with night and day! Going 4ish hours between each feed meaning I'm getting 3hr blocks of sleep!

Lisa - baby blues can be awful. Keep talking to ppl and there is nothing wrong with feeling low and even having negative thoughts about baby a long as you don't bottle it up honey. Totally normal and I have spent many an hour in tears when you just don't know what else to do. Big hugs X

Melissa X

January mummy here to my identical twin boys, born on 22 December by c-section Jude 6lb2 and Anthony 4lb15 - 6 weeks old tomorrow.

We are doing good, trying our best to get into a routine - the only issues we are having is both boys can be extremely hard to wind and also dummies at night, one of my boys won't settle without one unless I manage to get him to sleep in my arms, and then cries when it falls out his mouth (every 5 minutes).

image.jpg

Last edited:
aw they look so cute in there! we've been using infacol on Emma as she wasn't burping at all to begin with and was squirming and looking so uncomfortable & crying during & after feeds, she's much better at burping now - although it doesn't appear to have reduced her crazy amount of trumps!

Dummy question - have any of you mummies introduced a dummy to ur babies ?
I want to but feel as though because I am breastfeeding it might confuse my lb and he won't ask for milk when he's hungy !
Or am I just being silly ? Google says a lot of scary things like it will affect babies in so many ways !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back