*******December 2015 and January 2016 mummies and babies *******

I'm getting so much stick off people (especially today popping into work to see everyone) for letting my lil girl sleep on me, I do try and put her in her Moses basket but she just wakes up again?!? I even cried earlier as my mum kept making digs and the husband keeps giving me the stink eye! I'm not sorry though, she's MY baby, she will only be this little once and she's still only 2+1/2 weeks old!

Ellie my LO is exactly the same! Last night I tried something new and it worked, so really hoping it works tonight. Basically during each feed I popped a hot water bottle into her crib, then took it out before putting her back in. She settled straight away! Whereas before she'd pretty much just sleep on me during the night. Really hoping it works again tonight, if so it seems it's a case of her crib is too cold for her when she's first put in there and the hot water bottle makes it more comforting for her! Might be worth a try?

I'm getting so much stick off people (especially today popping into work to see everyone) for letting my lil girl sleep on me, I do try and put her in her Moses basket but she just wakes up again?!? I even cried earlier as my mum kept making digs and the husband keeps giving me the stink eye! I'm not sorry though, she's MY baby, she will only be this little once and she's still only 2+1/2 weeks old!

Ellie my LO is exactly the same! Last night I tried something new and it worked, so really hoping it works tonight. Basically during each feed I popped a hot water bottle into her crib, then took it out before putting her back in. She settled straight away! Whereas before she'd pretty much just sleep on me during the night. Really hoping it works again tonight, if so it seems it's a case of her crib is too cold for her when she's first put in there and the hot water bottle makes it more comforting for her! Might be worth a try?

I do the hot water bottle thing too! Definitely helps and if I have forgotten to make one I really notice the difference and he will won't go down for more than 30mins. I'm still using the sleepy sounds app to .... I have rain noises all night ! But again seems to help to settle him and keep him asleep. X X

Things have settled a little bit here. We are combination feeding 50/50 as my milk supply just wasn't coming in properly due to my anxiety and bad latching. Have a Tommee Tippee Prep Machine coming next week and already counting down the days, the night feeds for bottles with boiling the kettle and waiting 30 minutes for it to cool is horrendous!

Was finally discharged from midwife today at 22 days. They kept me on longer than usual as I was struggling a lot xo

The perfect prep machine is the greatest thing I own!!! In the meantime The other thing you could do is have some boiled cooled water aside to add to the fresh boiled water meaning you don't have to wait the half hour. Hope your feeling better honey, this baby malarkey is hard! I think the feeling of guilt are the worst and just play in anxieties. I couldn't get away with breastfeeding at all... Baby now has sniffles .... Cue major guilt rush as in my head if I'd been bf he wouldn't have caught a cold.

Glad things are settling for you xx

wow SAHF i cant believe your LO is 3 weeks already after waiting so long!

hope your LOs are better soon Lols

my apt will probably just be me and LO Lisa, think her dad will be at work

we're having good and bad days, yesterday was a very bad day after a couple of bad nights however spent some quality time with LO during the day and think it helped, got more sleep last night and much better mentally today. my parents are visiting tomorrow and bringing food so i'm looking forward to some company & some help. 6wk check tomorrow hoping to get the a-ok so i can start parkruns on saturdays for some baby free me time

Did try it once, but will give it another go! She loves to sleep on her front though, I've been putting her on a cushion on the sofa on her front during the day and she sleeps for hours on her front. Although I'm saying this and she's just passed out across my lap on her back, was getting ready to feed her and looked at her and she'd gone haha.

Hope you're feeling ok SAHF, pnd scared me during the baby blue days as even though I've wanted a baby for years, actually having having one depending on me, scared me!
(I had trouble getting on here too the other day)
I think that at this age they still don't know the difference between night and day but at night I do her nappy/have a bath then read her a story have a feed then settle down with no noises and little light and she'll fall asleep on her feed! Don't even talk to her much in the night doing her nappy (mostly as I'm like a zombie). During the day though I let as much noise go on so she's use to sleeping through it. Sorry for the essay but I hope your lil girl starts getting to sleep easier soon!

Aria (on tue) had gained 14oz in the last 7 days!! She doesn't look chunky but going to have to buy her some outfits as she's too long for her 0-3M sleep suits (at 3+1/2weeks)and 3-6 are mahoosive. She's even gone down in centiles since she was born!
What centile is everyone else's little one on? X

50th here, not entirely sure what that means- is my LO perfectly average?

50th here, not entirely sure what that means- is my LO perfectly average?

They sure are! My dd is between 98 and the 99.6th haha basically how much a 10week old should weight :shock: haha x

Thanks everyone my babies seem a lot happier today. The the doctor prescribed them gaviscon for reflux yesterday but they were screaming for hours after taking bottles with it, same with the anti reflux milk. They normally pass wind a lot and after the anti reflux milk and gaviscon then nothing so made me think trapped wind. Have also read a lot on infacol making reflux worse so we are back to square one, I'm giving them only their aptimil stage 1 with nothing else and see how they are.

I don't understand the charts and what they mean! My LO's height hasn't been measured even once yet. I asked my HV why and she said they don't do it now until the 6 week check because it's too difficult to try and straighten out babies to get an accurate measurement?!

We've had two nights in a row now where the hot water bottle has worked! I'm really hoping it does again tonight because it makes such a difference with her actually sleeping in her crib and not on me!

I am feeling much better - I just found breastfeeding so much harder than I ever imagined. I had a really good day and felt so positive about it, then the next day I was trying for 5 hours to get her to latch and ended up with blisters :( I don't know how long we'll combination feed for, she's needing more bottles atm to top her up because I am just not producing enough, even with expressing and massaging. So much for my dreams of BF'ing for a year haha!

Mine is on the 0.4 percentile.
Was 9lb 2oz last week at his 10 week check. But then being a preemie I don't expect him to be in the normal ranges, just a shame they go by his birth age and not corrected age for these things.

See how you go sahf, every bit she gets is good for her and you're doing a fab job trying so hard. We had/have ongoing problems with bf too, after she was born I voluntarily stayed in hospital an extra day to try and get the latch sorted. It's still not going perfectly but keeping at it, mostly positively waiting for the time when it starts to feel second nature, occasionally breaking down in tears because of how difficult something that should be natural should be.
Has she been checked for tongue tie.?

Aw tillie your little one is still so little!

Was 9lb 2oz last week at his 10 week check. But then being a preemie I don't expect him to be in the normal ranges, just a shame they go by his birth age and not corrected age for these things.

How come they don't correct his weight? Theo was born at 36+4 weeks and his weight is corrected to the 91st from the 50th. xx

How come they don't correct his weight? Theo was born at 36+4 weeks and his weight is corrected to the 91st from the 50th. xx
He was on the preemie growth chart until he was 42 weeks, then moved a crossed to the regular one. The HV said it let's them have an idea of at what stage he starts to catch up with his development. Have just moved into 0-3 month clothes now at almost 12 weeks. The bonus is that I get to keep my baby a baby for just a little bit longer.

Emma's smiling and 'talking' to people :D it's so nice to start getting responses <3

He was on the preemie growth chart until he was 42 weeks, then moved a crossed to the regular one. The HV said it let's them have an idea of at what stage he starts to catch up with his development. Have just moved into 0-3 month clothes now at almost 12 weeks. The bonus is that I get to keep my baby a baby for just a little bit longer.

My dd has never been that little on the outside hehe she's growing out of the 0-3M clothes! Scary when she's only 4 weeks haha but I can understand why they do do it from their age, but friends little boy is 2 and is off the chart as he's so little, but perfectly healthy! He's just kept an eye on and has regular check ups, so don't stress to much about it :)

Oh beanie that's so cute! Arias just starting to smile at me
X

I tried to dress my LO in a proper outfit today. Top, leggings and socks all far too big! It was quite funny, I had to laugh at seeing everything hang off of her! I thought she'd fit as she's 9lb 4oz now, but still too tiny for anything bigger than newborn!

Starting to get some smiles and coos and ahhhs from my LO :) Absolutely made my day this morning lay in bed together and her responding to me! I'm pretty sure that despite her only being 4 weeks this coming Tuesday, that being 2 weeks overdue she's more likely to be in the 4-6 week mark development wise?

Jack is 50th percentile for weight & length. He is 91st percentile for his head though! Haha! It measured big too in his scans & the HV hasn't been worried about it.

He is 10 weeks on Tuesday I can't believe it! We have established a nice little weekly routine for activities now which is helping to keep me sane plus he seems to enjoy being around all the babies at the groups we attend. He has also slept through the night for the last 4 nights - what a little treasure!

working on it, think LO had a growth spurt the beginning of this week (6wks) as she was up all night for a couple of nights and absolutely inconsolable in the evening, had a much better (normal!) night last night so i'm hoping that that's it over with for now.
went to my first baby weigh yesterday and although i didn't really speak to any of the other mums i hope that going to some more and some baby plays etc. will build my confidence and fingers crossed we'll start making some mummy friends.
bf is still being worked on, hoping that it'll get smoother as she grows, have tried to stop clock watching when she feeds and just trying to make sure we do it right

how are you doing SAHF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back