Check in thread for late jan / early feb mummies

lol that's weird lucy! you might be having your LO on my EDD then :lol:
i hope it works for you, fingers crossed!!

i'm still exactly the same as every day. even my BHs are slowing down so i don't see that as anything positive. had my last antenatal last night and one of the ladies wasn't there.. pretty sure she went into labour -grrr that's just annoying when i'm first!! (only kidding)

still no news from the others?

well me again!
just been focusing on my ticker and my heart started beating sooo fast!! i've been waiting for this moment and at the same time i thought it would never come and seemed so unreal though the fact i'm having a baby is so real in my life now. (i'm rambling :? ) tomorrow's my due date

i'm just so excited but have no energy to jump around, it feels so weird -and i actually feel so lonely because my loved ones are so far and noone here is close enough for me to share it i guess

sorry if this seems like a pointless post, i just needed to express what i feel. i want to be able to kiss my baby and show it i love it now...

no news from lucy all day, wonder what's happening there...
am i the only one left on this thread?

Hello Pips! Don't worry - you're not alone! I've been on the forum some of the day but didn't have any update on me so didn't put anything new up.

Definately not having any more fresh pineapple - I'm sick of it!

Aww Pips, I know what you mean hun, when I got my BFP the end of the 9 months seemed like a lifetime away and now I'm overdue I feel like I'm a child waiting for Christmas every day! I know it can't be easy for you with your loved ones being in France - is your Mum coming over to visit when the baby arrives? My side of our family are all down south in England and we live about an hours drive from DH's family in Scotland so I am very lucky to have them near but miss not having my sister close by etc.

Tomorrow could be your day Pips!

Hopefully we'll get some news from Petchy and JoJo soon

Lucy
40 + 2

Hopefully things will happen for you girls soon!!!!. It must be sooooooo frustrating to get to your due date - I am so inpatient now - I will be a nightmare when its my turn!!!! - and I have 28 days to wait!!!!!

Lets hope this weekend is your weekend!!

Congratulations to Hels and Simon - looking foward to the birth details and some piccys.

Petchy - hope your ok I have PM'd you

L x

Wow ?I have missed so much!!

Good luck Petchy - have emailed you.

Congrats to Hels and Simon on baby Charlotte - well done hun :D

Hope it isn't too long for you Pips, jo jo and Lucy xx

Happy D Date Pips! Anything happening?

At least it's Friday!
I've been for my sweep, had the sweetest and kindest midwife I've ever met and got an induction date of next Sunday so will be going in for 2pm Saturday 18th Feb if nothing happens before then.

Thanks for your good wishes girls hope you're all doing well too

Lucy
40 + 3

hey!
D Day at long last!!! :D :shock: :D :?

had a really bad night's sleep so will prob spend the day in bed resting haha. i've never had back pain like that before.. and then tummy cramps, but as per usual when i got up it all vanished.
i heard that a really big meal can start it off as well, so looking forward to going to a carvery tonight :D

Lucy, glad you had that sweep and it went well. do you feel things are moving now?
i know what you mean about the pineapple hehe

actually for those who believe it i found out it's the full moon on monday so hopefully we'll all be happily giving birth by a couple of days

take care xx

:shock: Not sure if my waters have broken? I was in Asda and felt a trickle and thought I'd probably left it too long to go to the toilet (sorry if TMI!) so went to spend a penny.... then decided I should go home and had another trickle and got home and more fluid but hospital say to keep a towel on and call them back in 1 hour

:) very excited and scared!

Probably just a false alarm knowing me :roll:

Lucy 40 + 3

Lucy, hopefully this is it for you!

It happened the same for me, but I must say that I find that it isn't very good that the hospital says about waiting. I mentioned this when I went in and they said you have to go in straight away. Another one of those things that are different.

oh sorry, I completely missed out on this thread!!!!

Lucy, hope it has all started by now...how exciting!!!!

Pips, even if it does not seem it is starting, I have the feeling it has, from what you said!!! And yes, my aunt in france also talked about the full moon and chances are greater 3 days before and 3 days after :)
Let's see!!!

Still no news from Petchy!

When is MY turn coming!????????? :cry: I have not tried the pineapple, just told my mum and she is gonna go and buy some! hey, she has been there for 3 weeks now, and is leaving on the 1st of March,...so she wants Maheen to come out as badly as I want...though I still have 10 days to go!

Thinking of you girls, I am sure it's just there, round the corner...
Enjoy your "big meal", pips!

Mel xx
:lol:

Oooooooooh no news from lucy!!!!
that probably means she's in hospital now!! how exciting! go girl...

mel, it will come soon enough, fingers crossed when your mum is here. is she going back to france on the 1st then?
my mum will be over in 10 days and i can't wait!! i think i may cry when she holds my baby in her arms for the first time

pip *wishing on the moon*

Sorry Girls, not my turn yet :oops:

I am so embarrassed - the fluid is apparently a mixture of a watery show and a bit of an infection, I feel like I wasted everyone's time :( Went to the hospital and had to wait half an hour to be seen then hooked onto monitor for half an hour then had an examination.

So, back to the waiting game!

Lucy
40 + 3

awwww lucy i'm so sorry. it's horrid this getting excited for nothing :(
it will be soon anyway, so brighten up!!
>>>>sending labour vibes
(i think it might have worked with jo jo hehe)

sorry, very short post from me in the new arrivals section as i'm shattered! only got home today. will post the birth story tomorrow when i am more with it!

hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fab news...going on the new thread now.
Take care, Petchy :)

mel xx

checking in AGAIN
still nothing exciting happening
gloomy day, am off to bed with a book

any news from lucy??

check in!! :(
is there any point in me doing so?? nobody's on here anymore and i'm not sure if anyone checks this thread anymore :?

anyway, a few cramps and wind (tmi :oops: ) hoping what the other mums said is true and it can fall on you without you expecting it

good luck to full moon 'hopers' xx

I am checking, Pips, and just like you, hoping!!! but to no avail, so far!!!
I also hope the moon will be on our side :)

Have had NO signs whatsoever, I don't even know what Braxton hicks are!!!! But my mum does not either, and a couple of colleagues from school said it just fell on them, without any signs....so we can still be hopeful!

I went all day window shopping yesterday, even if walking is killing me (SPD and back problem) thinking the more I move, the quicker she will come, but NOTHING!!!! :cry: :cry:

I want to go to mothercare this PM, but it's raining here and it does not give me much energy! might just do a few sudokus instead :wink:

Have a nice day, and fingers crossed...something will be triggered! :lol:

Take care,
Mel xx

Hello girls

Well it turned out my hind waters had broken when I went to get assessed Friday afternoon and the midwife was wrong! Went home and had a curry then started getting contractions (I don't think it was linked to the curry!) then at 7.21pm Sat 11th Feb baby Olivia was born! More details in new arrivals.

Pips - are you still here?
How about you Mel?

Lucy
Olivia 1 day old

CONGRATS hun!!!!! :D :D :D :D
and welcome to Olivia!!

yay i'm first to wish you the best!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics