can you actually afford to have a baby?

Es only just in 18-24 and she's 3 in Nov! Her shorts that are 12-18m still fall down! I usually buy clarks /startrite cos K has hip problems, just before xmas last year I bought them 2 pairs of shoes each and they outgrew them in 4 weeks! I can't even share shoes cos ones an E and the others a G!

i brought lilith a pair of clarks sandals only for them to rub her, but because they'd be worn once i couldnt get a return or refund so i had to buy more with the new shoes cost me over £50 for them and she isn't even 3 yet and in size 4-5 clothes x x x

Clarks should refund/replace if they sell shoes that don't fit properly! Part of their job is to ensure they do!

yeh we have time to save yet aslong as the washer doesn't keep going lol like i said im lucky to have my mum who buys a lot for her she is a bit spoilt by grandma! they used to do grants for uniform but im guessing they cut them too xx

My bad too, I didn't realise there was a cap? Although how does that work with the people with 13 kids in the papers who are OPENLY getting 8 bedroom houses and £1000 a week? Or is it recent? Not arguing your point btw, but I'm not sure if tabloids are telling tales or if it's new in??

And No I don't stress over money either but that doesn't mean i wouldnt if i didnt know when to stop having kids lol, PLUS debts is a huge factor. A lot of people are in debts these days so without those people CAN live comfortably on small amounts. Im not sure what the benefits are for a couple with say two kids ? I mean it cant leave a lot for luxuries like birthday parties for the kids and the latest football kit? it shouldnt obviously but those are the things I want to be able to buy for mine xxx

It was last year i saw this in the benefit reforms and the cuts to the country. Can't say if its in total action yet but i think it is.

As for other poster the benefits i claim are

In joint claim -
Job seekers - £220 fortnight
Tax credit - £111 weekly
Child benefit - £33 weekly

If i claim on my own i get £142 a fortnight income support. If that helps people understand what two children and a couple receive x

20/06/2012 - Elliott born at 12:09 x

11/02/2011 - Leo born at 11:37 x

Thanks!

So that's like £254 a week plus housing benefit?

I could live off that no problem lol!! :) lol xx

yeah lol so could i, thats not too different to what i get a month with mat pay and oh's wages except i have to pay rent out of mine lol.

plus no rent or council tax and family allowance (that everyone gets) i think i could manage if i needs to xx

By the way the tax credits i get is the band up to people earning under 12k i think so its not different in say they get more x

20/06/2012 - Elliott born at 12:09 x

11/02/2011 - Leo born at 11:37 x

In joint claim -
Tax credit - £111 weekly

You get the above? Do you get council tax and housing/rent?

Purely curious.

Why am I working :| lol

worked it out today and DH's wage is £700 a month after petrol and we would be entitled to £1150. And they wonder why people dont work or get trapped where they would have to take a cut in income to work its so stupid! Minimum wage is a joke!

Wobbs when I was a single parent I got something like £500pcm rent, council tax free, usual rate child benefit, £110 pw tc and iincome support which was about 90pw! We get practically diddly squit now and I'd be around £500 a month better off on my own! And that's with a mouth less to feed, less gas and electric etc! Not to mention I got nhs exemption before!

Granted we're in a nicer, bigger house, we both have cars etc, but I could afford it all by myself and have pennies left over if I was single! Its justbbloody daft!

In joint claim -
Tax credit - £111 weekly

Purely curious.

That's more than I am currently getting on my maternity pay!! I'm flabbergasted!

It's made me consider asking for a pay rise when I go back to work too!

In joint claim -
Tax credit - £111 weekly

Purely curious.

Woah! so thats £254 a week, rent and council tax? about 400 a week?

thats more than i earn?

In joint claim -
Tax credit - £111 weekly

Purely curious.

Woah! so thats £254 a week, rent and council tax? about 400 a week?

thats more than i earn?

It's actually not far of how much I earn!! Taking into consideration the tax they deduct from me it's actually more than I earn too! Or not far off!!! X

Oh sweet Jesus! Well that definitely showcases the "entitlement culture" at it's best.

Where do people get off thinking that it's the governments responsibility to house and feed them. Obviously there has to be a safety net for people who find themselves in difficulty but not an infinite stream of handouts for years on end to people who are perfectly capable of working (be that for minimum wave or not).

I know this family is an extreme example and not typical either of refugees or benefit recipients but they definitely seem to have assimilated the sense of entitlement that is becoming more and more prevalent.

Yes we do get enough as single patents but do you know what??

I'd much rather be back in the situation where I had a supportive loving partner and the emotional support that comes with it :(

In joint claim -
Tax credit - £111 weekly

Purely curious.

That's more than I am currently getting on my maternity pay!! I'm flabbergasted!

It's made me consider asking for a pay rise when I go back to work too!

That's more than I'll get on mat leave and more than my oh earns monthly!!!
Why am I working again??? x

That's more than what my OH earns working 2 jobs and getting tax credits x

We get just under 1250 a month after tax.

Our rent is 450, council tax 150. Gas and electric 100.

After bills we've gt about 350 a month for food, petrol and we try to save 100 a month x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back