can you actually afford to have a baby?

haha WOAH with the baby offers!

Alice your monsters would send me mental! Little buggers! i would end up hiding behind the sofa lol! you do an amazing job missy!

i can see myself now with all your bambinos on loan! i would nuzzle them all ....in my mind they are all quiet and cooey and smell good and dont have poo in their nappies by the way................hmmm do i need a reality check!

Babyem, I completely agree about the fact that there are many many people who would love more children but understand that realistically they cant afford it. It is unfair, espaecially as they are obviously taking responsibility for there own children and not expecting others to pay for them or they would just go ahead and have them wouldnt they? Imagine if we all thought like that?
What a mess we would be in x

I am financially stable, we have a nice home and a 'comfortable' lifestyle altho we are on relatively low incomes we dont have debts and can comfortably afford another. I would love more but I will be stopping after two as in the long run we couldn't financially stretch to more (I WILL change my mind if I get another boy though lol so dont quote me on it!!!)

BUT even if we had more we COULD pay for them ourselves, we would have to sacrifice but they would be our sacrifices.

Benefits should have a cap IMO after so many children x

She's a little angel, never muddy, her feet aren't encrusted with mud from digging in the borders like a dog, never answers back, doesn't pick uphher bowls to lick out the remaining contents :lol: all of which have happened in the last half hour! And she's not currently at the park playing football with my oh so I can go do some work :oooo: actually, I probs should go do some!

Alice your monsters would send me mental! Little buggers! i would end up hiding behind the sofa lol! you do an amazing job missy!

i can see myself now with all your bambinos on loan! i would nuzzle them all ....in my mind they are all quiet and cooey and smell good and dont have poo in their nappies by the way................hmmm do i need a reality check!

NO of course theyre all like that! lol x

Lol are you still doing avon hun!

i will order some stuff off you after my holidays if you are! i need a avon binge badly

NO of course theyre all like that! lol x

i saw ISH's picture of vince sharting all over her...........you LIE! :rofl:

You can't hide, they come find you! And if they don't, they'll be doing something naughty!

yep, and its nice to be able to buy things for your kids that are totally unnecessary but just because u want to?

i cant imagine not being able to treat my lo on occasions. Im not saying thats the be all and end all but its enjoying for me xx

I loooooove treating my girls! I don't do it much lately as they are going through a "I want it!" phase, but I still love it.

I am chick, I'll send you a link when you're back! I've dealt with a sharting incident today, I assumed naively that when a child shouted you from the toilet to say they'd done a poo, it meant the poo was in the toilet! Only to be shouted at that I was standing on her knickers which contained said poo!

I am chick, I'll send you a link when you're back! I've dealt with a sharting incident today, I assumed naively that when a child shouted you from the toilet to say they'd done a poo, it meant the poo was in the toilet! Only to be shouted at that I was standing on her knickers which contained said poo!

:sick: omg *boke*

my cousin once shouted me to come wipe his ass when he was about 5, he had already tried it and wiped shit up to nearly between his shoulder blades! how the fuck did he manage that!

yep, and its nice to be able to buy things for your kids that are totally unnecessary but just because u want to?

i cant imagine not being able to treat my lo on occasions. Im not saying thats the be all and end all but its enjoying for me xx

My oh goes mad at me for the number of baby gros and outfits I buy, he rightly says that half of them won't be worn but it's part of the fun isn't it xx

of course!! :whistle:

theres no greater satisfaction than ripping the tags off a new outfit for a new baby and them just being all 'new' lol :whistle: yes im sad! but its all part of the fun! xx

Well I'm sad too then, I like sniffing them :blush: x

i smell baby clothes in the shops i cant wait to have a fricking baby!!!! they are all sooooo soft and awwwwwww!!!

someone lend me their baby for a bit!

you can have a lend of mine! hes not quite a new being any more but hes up for grabs if u want him :whistle:

hes a troublesome one but oh so cute!

thats y im trying for a girl im CONVINCING myself girls r pretty little dolls who dont move, get dirty or answer back :oooo:

xxx

Aha, do you want me to show you a picture of my Daughter after she decided to play in the dry mud? She did at least put the bath on afterwards though :)

You know what i have only put across my opinion to be jumped on by the regulars i find this unfair.

20/06/2012 - Elliott born at 12:09 x

11/02/2011 - Leo born at 11:37 x

No, you are being debated with because you are reducing this interesting debate to your (subjective) opinion that it is "stupid".

Not everyone on this thread is a regular, or is a regular in a different part of the forum from other people involved in this debate. The key characteristic that is binding them together is respectful, healthy debate. Sadly, your posts have been neither so far.

I invite you to give us your opinion on the topic at hand:

"Can you actually afford to have a baby?"

So, can you? Is it something that is financially viable for you right now, are you doing well, or are you struggling? Do you think things would have been better had you waited? If so, why? Do you think in your circumstances it is fair?

I look forward to your response.

:thumbup: x

Right then i can afford to have my two sons yes.
I can money manage no matter how much or less i get and always put my children first.
I haven't had anything new since the birth of my first son.
I don't struggle unless my partner wastes money. Hence why i have left him twice.
I don't think it would have made much of a difference to me waiting. Because at the time i thought i couldn't get pregnant and was having tests done.
In a way yes my children will not have the best of the best but i got given alot of my stuff and gladly took alot of baby stuff from freecycle and that wouldn't have been any different if i was working as i love to find bargains and have grown up with an open and family driven nature.
to me my first son was a blessing even though i wasn't working full time i did a bit of agency work but stopped because of morning sickness.
My second son was planned yes on benefits but i have alot of health problems related to my pregnancy and wanted to get it out of the way. So then i could concentrate on them going to school then finding work then.

Babyem, I completely agree about the fact that there are many many people who would love more children but understand that realistically they cant afford it. It is unfair, espaecially as they are obviously taking responsibility for there own children and not expecting others to pay for them or they would just go ahead and have them wouldnt they? Imagine if we all thought like that?

I am financially stable, we have a nice home and a 'comfortable' lifestyle altho we are on relatively low incomes we dont have debts and can comfortably afford another. I would love more but I will be stopping after two as in the long run we couldn't financially stretch to more (I WILL change my mind if I get another boy though lol so dont quote me on it!!!)

BUT even if we had more we COULD pay for them ourselves, we would have to sacrifice but they would be our sacrifices.

Agreed, we in the same boat as you x And I did get another boy lol !!!

There is a cap of 500 a week including housing and council tax hun.

Exactly! too many people are quick to think that someone else will pick up the bill of looking after a child! x

I don't think people are willing to make sacrifices enough these days, we live in a very selfish society. I agree after so many children. My dads neighbour has another child as the eldest one approaches the cut off age. She makes no secret about it either x

There is a cap of 500 a week including housing and council tax hun.

I think she meant youu shouldn't get more money per child after a certain number of children x

is there only me that's not got much money but i don't stress? i have no debts and if i don't have the money for something i don't buy it. i do treat lo but she is still too young to care or notice yet. im actually happy as i am i know that often people with the most money end up the most stressed! i suppose because u live to your income they have more outgoings to worry about. or maybe its because my rent is super cheap lmao xx

We don't have a great deal of money, we have worked very hard this year to pay off alot of our debts with LO on the way, as well as save alot of money to buy all the things they need. We are happy with our lot. Yes it would be lovely to have lots of money, but we work hard for what we have and will continue to. We aren't going to spoil LO with new toys, clothes etc all the time, they will get what they need and the odd treat here and there x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back