Can you work while on maternity leave?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!

I was wondering if you can work whilst you are having the £100 a week? Because I do not see how you can pay mortgage or rent/ Council tax/ Bills and all the rest on £100 a week( especially when your b/f does not work)!!! so I guess I will have to be back at work before the end of the 26 weeks.
Do you ask for child tax credit just after the birth or once the baby is 3 month old and do you have this money on top of the £100?
Thanks

Nathalie

I was wonderin this, cos i have to jobs, i was gonna take the full time off in my full time job, and get maternity pay from them, and then start back in the pub as soon as poss, cos its only a few evenings a week, to make up the money. I was wonderin if i cud do that.

bec xx

unfortunately you can't work at the same time - otherwise it's sort of fraud.

As for child Tax credit claim it as soon as you can, as well and working tax credits, etc. how come the b/f does not work if you don't mind me asking?

Oh, he has agoraphobia(and other stuff), so makes it very hard to work!!He hardly goes out of the house(once in the last 2 months)!!! I told him to find sthing to do with a pc from home but he does not want to. On top of it, i think he is quite lazy so does not make things better!!! Hopefully , he will be the nanny while I am at work, will save a bit on nursery, fingers crossed !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back