****August & September 2013 mummies chat thread****

Mixed feelings really. I loved bf the majority off the time, loved the bonding and that it was 'our' time. On the other hand I don't feel like I'm stopping her as she hasn't really 'asked' for it for a while so it does feel like we've come to a natural end. Plus she was getting a bit bitey!!

I guess I'm due around the end of April. I think my due date changed at my 12 week scan with Caitlin so I know it's changeable, would just be nice to have a date to focus on..

Do you think you'll find out the gender? We didn't with Caitlin (despite having 7 scans in total and being very tempted!) so the plan is to keep this one a surprise too.

Blimey 7 scans! Did you have a lot of problems?
I want to know - purely for organisational reasons. But hubby said no absolutely not!

So there goes that then!

How are you feeling? Are you starting to feel pregnant yet?

When's Caitlin s birthday? X

We paid for an early scan, had the two usual ones then an extra 4 as I kept going in with reduced movement (she was fine, just lazy!). I had sort of come to the conclusion that if there were any boy bits then we'd probably have seen them so it wasn't too much of a surprise when we had a girl!

Caitlin's birthday was 13th August. She was 11 days early :)

I know a few people who didn't find out with the first but found out with the second and then regretted it! We've kept all of Caitlin's neutral stuff so we should be good for the first few months no matter what we have. Plus we had loads of clothes as presents last time round. We just need a playmat and a swinging/bouncing seat, oh and a double buggy! Will you have much to get this time round? X

And no, not really feeling pregnant yet. Got loads of mouth ulcers though which I'd forgotten I got loads early on last time - not nice! Oh and I'm tired all the time even though I'm getting plenty of sleep! I didn't suffer too much in tri 1 with Caitlin so hoping this one is the same! Have you had many symptoms? X

Awww I can't imagine giving up bf yet, but then Hannah is such a boob monster. She fed hourly last night, I'm knackered! Usually it's less than that at night. It must be so different when they sleep through. She'll stop midway through a meal to feed though, she prefers it to food still. I'll be one of those loony mums feeding at 11. Hahaha

Xx

Wow hourly feeds!! She really is a boob monster! Caitlin started sleeping through at 10 months and I felt like a new woman!

I was worried I'd miss out on cuddles now that I've stopped bf but she fell asleep on me on the sofa yesterday so alls good :)

Awww Bex enjoy every second :) (although I bet sleep would be nice huh!)

Caitlin is at the childminder's this morning for her last settling in session before I go back to work next week. I've got loads of things to do but I'm so tempted to have a lazy morning instead...!

Hello Ladies! Haven't spoken to many of you for some time. I didn't realise this old thread was still going ;)

After having a bit of a bad time with losing a baby in May and then having issues with hubby due to both being under a lot of stress we are back ttc! Hoping to fall next cycle which should be around the end of Sept :)

Hi Buggy! So sorry to hear about your loss, sounds like you've had a really tough time recently. Fingers crossed for you ttc :) We've been really lucky and got our bfp pretty quickly, although it's still very early days.

How is your lg getting on? How was her birthday? X

She is doing great thanks, she seems to be very bright and confident too, she loves people and animals. Not quite walking yet but I don't think it will be long.

Her birthday was good but a bit manic, I decided to do two birthday parties and a day out so it was an epic 3 day weekend and we were all knackered by the end of it. She was well spoiled though and had lots of fun.

Hi buggy1, sorry to hear about your loss . We are ttc too, hopefully we will get our bfps soon!! Good luck x

Hi ladies. Just thought I'd update you - I've been bleeding since last Weds and scan at epu this morning has confirmed I've miscarried. I already knew really as test I did on Sun was negative.

Still feeling a bit shell-shocked but doing ok really. Just thankful I've got my girl to keep me busy x

Oh sweetie i'm so sorry to hear that :( how ru holding up xxc

So sorry to hear that. I hope you're ok, it is such a shock and from experience I would definitely say take the time you need x

I'm ok thanks. A bit too ok though I think - not sure it's really sunk in yet. X

Very sorry Nomad, hope you're okay x

I should hopefully be ov at the end of the month so we're hoping to catch this one. Some of my friends have had babies quite recently so that is making me more broody!

:dust: for all those that want it!

Last edited:
Hi August and September mummies! I was supposed to be August but as a lot of you know my little boy oscar was far too comfy and had to be dragged out on the 10th September! I'm still at hospital as he had to have some tests for jaundice but all have come back ok and he is good to go! Hopefully leaving today! Want to get my little boy home! He is perfect!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back