****August & September 2013 mummies chat thread****

SpinSugar

Reaction score
I finally got round to doing it!

So, ill see you all here around midnight, 2am, 4am...:)

Chat away ladies!

September mummies very welcome!

Xx

Last edited:
Hello :)

----------------
dd born 6th Feb 2011
ds born 12th Aug 2013

Oops sorry my DD was 2012

Lol that's ok you can give some of us new mummies some advice :)

So I'm praying for a good night tonight, my LG cries all evening but she had a fabulous night last night. I'm hoping its not just a one off!

She's down in her basket now while we watch a film but keeps stirring. Think we might be back to her only sleeping for 20 mins at a time tonight :-(

Xx

I remember my lo sleeping 20 mins at a time while trying to cook tea or watch a film but it does and will get easier x

Yay! How are you getting on!?

My little Joshua is so content! He sleeps great in his moses basket. Depending what time we go to bed, he feeds once or twice in the night before getting up. He feeds, sometimes has nappy change and is straight back to sleep.
He only cries when its nappy before bottle, or bottle takes a few minutes longer than he likes.

His cord fell off yesterday and it looks horrible whats left
Yuck!

Also, he had a bit of a bad day as was gagging a bit so we gave him some cooled boiled water and then he was fine!

He put on 2oz by his 5 day check too!

Two questions. .

Firstly, what visits are you getting from midwife and health visitors?

2. How are u coping with boob leakage if any of u are formula feeding?

My boobs are like a shower and by far the worst part of my whole pregnancy and labour! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Oops sorry my DD was 2012

Lol that's ok you can give some of us new mummies some advice :)

So I'm praying for a good night tonight, my LG cries all evening but she had a fabulous night last night. I'm hoping its not just a one off!

She's down in her basket now while we watch a film but keeps stirring. Think we might be back to her only sleeping for 20 mins at a time tonight :-(

Xx

20 minutes? I don't envy you hun. When I read earlier sleep can be between 30 minutes and 4 hours.. I wondered how anyone managed with 30 minutes! But 20!? Thats not nice. Bless you and OH! :-(
I hope you have a better night tonight! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Oh yes, we have to do separate shifts. She often won't settle all night genuinely. I'm dreading when OH returns to work.

Ill feed her, put her down, then within half hour she wakes screaming. If I change her she screams, if I wind her she screams, and I cannot settle her at all without giving her another feed...then she poos again & needs winding...and the cycle starts again.

I've yet to see a MW but I have had baby's 5 & 9 day weight check.

I'm not FF, but ebf, and not had a drop of leakage!

Xx

:-( I feel for u and certainly for when OH is back at work. When is he back? Even im not looking forward to Friday whichbis when scott is back!

A midwife came to see me on day 1. And hv on day 6 then I have hv on day 11 and apparently I should have a mw tomoro. . But im not sure why and nobody has planned anything to come round.

Oh my leaking is ridiculous. I bf for two days and I think made it so much worse. Lol. I will literally leak through my bf.. and since about monday ive gotten through around 120 pads and yet still leaked through my bra and top on countless occasions!

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Omg 120 pads? I only change mine daily. I need your milk supply!
I have a week till he is back. He works shifts away too :-(

She's fast asleep on MIL at mo. Don't know if I should try and sleep or just wake and feed her a bit early hoping she will go a bit longer!

Xx

Nice to see familiar faces here! My little boy was born on the 9th and its been hectic since then but I love him so much so it's all worth it! My lo for the past few evenings hasn't been himself so took him to see the gp who diagnosed colic I've been giving him infacol for the last 24 hours and wot a difference! He wouldn't settle at all I'd change him feed him cuddle him but noting was working he'd b screaming the place down and he looked so uncomfortable and his little stomach was a bit swollen but now he's back to his normal self sleeping no bother and seems so much happier!
My boobs were leaking like mad but seem to have eases off which I'm glad about as I hated those breast pads ur milk would lean onto them then dry and u were peeling them off ur nipple yuk! Hope everyone is getting on ok its the hardest job being a mummy but the most rewarding when u see ur lo and how happy they are :) x

I'm breastfeeding. DS sleeps a lot. But I'm feeding on demand and trying not to worry about the minimum 3 hour feeds like last time...which made it very stressful.

At the moment he's feeding loads from 6am ish to lunchtime. Then it's more spaced out. Last night he fed at 11pm, 2.30am and 6.30am.

Nipples are sore, but milk only came in yesterday really. He's struggling to latch on sometimes...so far his feeding habits are identical to DDs. He looks the spitting image of her too. It's spooky.

In terms of visits. I had mw day 1, day 5 and to come day 10 which will be Wednesday. Not heard from health visitor yet.

I'm concerned about my belly...its not as wobbly as last time. I fear it's actual fat this time!! Going to need to start dieting I think

Right, must sleep before next feed!

----------------
dd born 6th Feb 2011
ds born 12th Aug 2013

Congrats ladies! I am not an August '13 mum, but was just lurking around and wanted to say to Kelly about the milk thing, you can buy a tea (I am not in England but know you can get it there just not sure what shops) called No More Milk Tea my friend here used it and it really helped her stop producing milk, she swears by it and recommends it to everyone.

Not sure why this has the wrong photo on it, the description says it is for the tea
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009Z0DBVQ

Oh yes, we have to do separate shifts. She often won't settle all night genuinely. I'm dreading when OH returns to work.

Ill feed her, put her down, then within half hour she wakes screaming. If I change her she screams, if I wind her she screams, and I cannot settle her at all without giving her another feed...then she poos again & needs winding...and the cycle starts again.

I've yet to see a MW but I have had baby's 5 & 9 day weight check.

I'm not FF, but ebf, and not had a drop of leakage!

Xx

Hi ladies! Lovely to hear how you're all getting on!

I could have written this ^^ Spin sugar! We've been doing shifts through the night too and OH is back to work on Tues / Weds (not sure which yet) so it's only going to get harder! LO just won't settle at all in her crib. We've got a moses basket in the living room which she has now settled in a couple of times (now being one of those times!) so we'll try that in the bedroom if she doesn't settle in the crib soon. Generally she'll only settle when she's having a cuddle which hasn't been too much of a struggle so far as I'm so amazed by her that I don't want to put her down....but some sleep would be nice now! Don't think I've had more than an hour and a half in any one go!

The lady that did our antenatal classes said to keep in touch and that she would come out to see us if we needed help with anything so I'm going to contact her and see if she can give us some tips before it gets to the stage where I'm tearing my hair out! I thought we'd cracked it with feeding (am breast feeding), but we seem to have lost the hang of that now too!

Today should have been the first day that we had just the three of us (been inundated with visitors since we got her home) but the midwife came this morning and sent us up to the hospital to have her checked as she's quite jaundiced. After a six hour wait we were told that her levels were 'safe' and so we were allowed to come home (having been told she would almost definitely have to go under the lamps and stay in overnight) so that was a relief.

So week one hasn't been particularly easy but I'm so in love with her that I don't care :)

Morning 3am. On second boob after a half hour feed on first. Why does he time his longest feeds for the early lonely hours?! Hopefully he'll sleep through till daylight after this though.

Hope everyone else is getting a good night sleep.

----------------
dd born 6th Feb 2011
ds born 12th Aug 2013

Hello everyone. Im typing with one hand, sleepy baby in the other, how is everyone getting on? x

Nomad...it definitely does get easier. Certainly don't feel like it at the time. We had a horrendous first 4 weeks with our first baby. Probably not helped by me having an infection and retained products that was undetected. I found breastfeeding tough too. And she was a screamer for about 4 hours solid a night. It was all quite stressful!!!

Dare I jinx it and say that DS so far has been better than her?! No random screaming yet, his cries are so much quieter than hers. Feeding is tough still and kills like a bitch but I know there will be an end in sight once my nipples toughen up, so I'm grinning and bearing it!

And I feel a million times better than I did before. We've been going out and stuff already (even if it does take hours to actually leave the house lol).

The one thing that's bothering me is the lack of quality time with my daughter now :-( I had a little cry yesterday about it. I feel like I've hardly seen her. I'm going to try and work on getting DS fed before 7, so I can put daughter to bed and read stories.

Am also dreading when oh goes back to work, he works a couple of late shifts a week, so I will have to manage getting daughter to bed on my own.

Sorry for the essay again!

----------------
dd born 6th Feb 2011
ds born 12th Aug 2013

Nomad, glad to know I'm not alone! We don't even try and let her sleep in our room. Her basket is in the living room and we take shifts in with her so the other person can get some decent sleep. She slept from 6am - 8.15am though today so that's fabulous!

Glad you didn't have to stay in hospital :)

I'm feeling very overwhelmed by visitors. Sat we travelled to a big family event where baby was passed person to person, then some of the family came back with us, spent sat night and most of yesterday with us. It was just overwhelming. MIL is still with us till Tuesday.

I feel like I only get to cuddle ny baby when were feeding!

I have so many questions for the HV as I don't get to see a MW!

Xx

Hey Vic! Glad you have a happier baby and that a bit of infacol did the trick :)
Mine are still leaking bad - but only my right breast leaks through my top and its a bigger boob altogether lol. The pads are driving me crazy.

Giz - I also find that Joshua is feeding lots between 6am and lunch but then it calms down more. Well i had midwife day 1, hv day 6 and a hv day 11 which is tomoro but apparently should be seeing a mw today!? But i have no idea! I don't even wanne talk about bellies! lol. I also know what u mean about leaving the house! Adds so much time on before hand lol xx

Congrats ladies! I am not an August '13 mum, but was just lurking around and wanted to say to Kelly about the milk thing, you can buy a tea (I am not in England but know you can get it there just not sure what shops) called No More Milk Tea my friend here used it and it really helped her stop producing milk, she swears by it and recommends it to everyone.

Not sure why this has the wrong photo on it, the description says it is for the tea
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009Z0DBVQ

I have never heard of it! But thank you, i will take a look and especially if my milk hasnt slowed down by friday!

Hey Nomad! My LO is 10 days old and we haven't had a day with the just the three of us :( I think we have one wednesday, and then OH back to work Friday. So 1 day out of his whole two weeks off and its horrible :(
Glad your LO didn't have to stay under the lamp. xx

Hey buggy! Its hard work lol! And im reaalllly not looking forward to Scott going back to work on friday :( How are you? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back